• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How safe is it to swallow a 3DS cartridge whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i9m7wQST7kOo1.gif

Tellaerin

It recently came to my attention that somebody I know is planning on swallowing his copy of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS.

He told me it will be a fitting tribute to a game series he loves so much, to have it always be "inside" of him. I told him that's not how digestion works and that the cartridge would pass through his body within a day or two, but he argued that since our bodies extract nutrients from food there would be some type of infusion taking place, where he would absorb some of the coding from the game into fat reserves or bone marrow or something else.

This isn't your friend by any chance, is it? >.>

melesj8o.jpg

PK Gaming

This has to be an elaborate troll thread

If not, then if this guy is your friend then it's your duty to stop him doing something stupid

sinxtanx

That just sounds really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY dangerous.

Make sure you get a video.
Of you convincing him to not do it.

Draconian

This thread has made me realize that the next Nintendo Direct needs to consist solely of Iwata describing safety precautions to take with Nintendo products.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Objectivity it wouldn't be code anymore, even assuming it gets dissolved.
Also the cartridge or package might be lead free and RoHS but there is still plenty of other dangerous crap in there.

killatopak

Gold Member
what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png

Couldn't he just like download a digital copy of OoT on a SD card and swallow it? Hell, he could even include MH3U, SMTIV, FE:A and ALBW!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
This the worst and most blatant attempt at tag fishing I've ever seen on GAF, and I've seen some incredibly idiotic ones during my 8 years on here, OP I bet you're quite sad this hasn't gotten you a tag
yet?
all according to keikaku

Cragvis

What a noob.

Everyone knows that if you want to absorb the code of your favorite game, you EAT THE DEVELOPERS that thought up of the code and game and stuff.

Tastier too.

Codeblue

Does he understand that his body is constantly destroying and renewing cells? Even if he was able to absorb any of it, it's not like he's going to keep the same cells for any decent period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom