• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How safe is it to swallow a 3DS cartridge whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
This book may help:

eatgames_large.jpg

OP should update us on progress.

If it doesnt get stuck in his throat and if he doesnt snap it in half/grind it down before eating it, he'll probably be fine.

But he's still a fucking psycho and you should probably get a new friend.

Iorv3th

When he gets cancer years later the doctors will say "If it wasn't for the game code stored in his fatty deposits he wouldn't have made it this long".

You friend is nuts. Get him some help immediately a mental health physician and possibly enrolled in a biology class.

Kade

Watch as your friend becomes a cool Zelda cyborg or Neo and you'll just be a regular organic sack of flesh and shit like everyone else.

I'm drunk, my android was just updated with some weird keyboard sounds but this is by far the most interesting thread of the year that anyway just started. First post always delivers

trinest

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Every experienced zelda game swallower knows to drink it down with milk, only (and only if) the milk is taken directly from a cows udder by playing an instrument in front of it. Tell your friend that before he makes a big mistake.

Maybe he will use Kahlua?

Sciz

I tried explaining how it was a bad idea, but he assured me that he checked into the science of it and digesting small quantities of plastic would cause negligible damage at best, and he thinks any "minor stomachache" that may result will be far outweighed by the satisfaction of knowing that part of his favorite game is always within his spirit.

The fact that he's even considering this is a sign that his love for the series runs so deep that it is absolutely within his spirit already. Like, straight up religious fervor deep.

On the other hand putting it to him that way might make him think he has to prove his devotion. Cultists are funny like that.

Occam

By the way, this is actually quite the philosphical dilemma: If you don't prevent it, you are a horrible person. But if you prevent it, he will remain part of the human gene pool.

Here's what you do, OP.

1. Bake a tiny pastry in the shape of the 3DS cartridge, applying a non-toxic label.

2. Sneak into your friend's home and find his 3DS/game case.

3. Swap the cartridge with the tiny delicious treat, leaving no one the wiser.

4. Urinate all over your friend's face as he sleeps.

OP, if you are unable to convince your friend that this is not a good idea, at the very least Playroom Twitch that shit.

GAF wants to know what's gonna go down.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Here's what you do, OP.

1. Bake a tiny pastry in the shape of the 3DS cartridge, applying a non-toxic label.

LOL.

Here's what you do, OP.

...Is NeoGAF's modbot system broken?

I wouldn't technically call him a friend (which is why I intentionally refrained from using that term in the OP), but we since we have a shared interest in video games we've always gotten along. He's a pretty eccentric character, and a genuinely nice guy, but sometimes he'll go completely off the deep end (this probably being the most extreme example)

Despite how crazy this makes him sound, I don't think he's doing this out of some deep-seated psychosis. I got the impression that he thinks it will be a unique way to pay tribute to one of his favorite hobbies (and thus why he's choosing this method over a tattoo)

Still, there are some interesting tidbits in this thread. If it IS safe, it might be absolutely hilarious to encourage him to do it and hear what effects it has on him, and if he "feels" more connected to the game afterwards. But I'm absolutely not going to change my stance and tell him to do it if he could seriously injure himself.

I'll try talking to him about it again tonight and see what he says

Riposte

take oot's sticker and put it on pilotwings resort then swap them without him noticing and never tell him.

Tesseract

Banned
Here's what you do, OP.

are steps one, two and three really necessary?

OP, if you are unable to convince your friend that this is not a good idea, at the very least Playroom Twitch that shit.

GAF wants to know what's gonna go down.

I can tell you what's going to go down. It's going to be his buddies casket after he chokes to death. Not even the Song of Time is going to bring that sucker back.

Tell the guy to settle for Wind Waker if he absolutely has to eat a game. Neither are recommended, but eating discs are much safer than cartridges.

A baby on the news recently died after swallowing a small battery, maybe the one inside the cartridge could cause some problems.

Prisoner

Apparently he originally wanted to do it with the gold cartridge of the N64 original, but he thought that breaking it apart and eating it in pieces would reduce the chance of anything coming from it.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom