• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't believe how crap quality the Rise of the Tomb Raider CE was.

Finaika

How dare you. Looks nothing like Best Girl Kate.

image.php

DonMigs85

Microsoft and Square probably figured this was one of the few ways to get the game to turn a decent profit. Just a shame all around

JoseLopez

Worse of all I paid $181.98 CAN for it.

Then when it came to my door I had to pay for importing. $35.83 at the door. Fuck me.
I covered my address.

:(

Mad and disappointed. I was really looking forward to this. Now starting the game will have a bad taste in my mouth. Back to Fallout 4.

I work at retail so now I can recommend Fallout 4 over Rise of the Tomb Raider because of this negative experience.
Haha dude how about just don't buy the ce and get the game for the normal price.

chico

there is an easy solution. stop buying CE crap. its always cheap stuff made in china for 1$ and they sell it for 50$+. ridiculous.

Akara

Banned
I've never regretted any of the CE I've bought. Usually Disgaea related and Atelier series related but yeah. Those really pricey ones usually don't make me that happy unless I'm a true fan in which I'll spend a boat load. I'm looking at you last of us.

Laura is just a poor imitation of Nathan.

Laura is just a poor imitation of Lara.

I can understand being upset with the statue/steelbook, but why did you expect wood paneling in the box?

For $150? I would bloody well expect so.

Worse of all I paid $181.98 CAN for it.

Then when it came to my door I had to pay for importing. $35.83 at the door. Fuck me.
I covered my address.

Holy shit dude, $220 CAD for this cheap crap?!

It doesn't look amazing compared to the promo, but not nearly as bad as the case of Max Payne 3.

The "concept" (which looked great):

mxpn3_rgbstatue.png

And the real thing:

May-Payne-3-unboxing-statue-2.jpg

Cheaply made, poorly detailed PVC garbage. I've never bought another CE.

Overall this CE looks pretty decent, unless it's bad in-hand, it's hardly the worst.

Okay, this is actually so bad it's hilarious! "You wouldn't believe the shit I've been through."

xrnzaaas

Yep, maybe 1 collector's edition out of 50 is actually worth the price.

By the way thanks for the tip about the inFamous backpack. I never realized it existed and once my current one wears itself out I'm going to look for that one (at least 2 local stores I know of are selling brand new ones).

Momentary

Banned
Hopefully Dark Souls III's Prestige Edition is made by Art of War. Because $500 for a 40cm figure from them is a STEAL. You know you are getting quality with them.

70726f647563742f32303135303730345f3464313566392e6a7067003630300000660066.jpg

I would gladly pay $500 for a BERSERK Collector's Edition.

I know there are companies that do nice statues for cheap sometimes, but most of the time you've gotta pay good money for quality work and most people will flip shit on anything over $150 bucks just like they are right now for DSIII's high-end edition.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
On the other hand, my Superbeat Xonic LE came with the soundtrack in both disc and vinyl. No statues, and the items are actually useful. 😊

//ARCANUM

I only get a CE every once in a while (but always for Blizzard games), and I'm yet to be truly disappointed. Often I just get CE's once theyved dropped in price on Amazon or something like that.

But yeah... That's messed up OP. Can you contact SE and demand a refund or a replacement statue at least?

A little bit OT...

The only special edition I got that came with a statue is the Halo 3 legendary edition that came with the helmet. It looked fine but the reason it turned me off from getting any other statues is that I have no fucking idea what to do with it! It doesn't go with anything I own! So all it does now is take up space in storage.

There are some games I would have loved to get the special editions for (The Last of Us, Bloodborne). But as much as I love those games I just can't think of anywhere to put them haha.

Anyways, that Lara statue had me in stitches.

The Order 1886 CE puts to shame these expensive crappy looking statues.

For 80$ you got all this:
How come can Sony make such detailed statue for far less than 20$ and other companies can't ? And they cost far more....

nib95

Banned

Lol. Pretty much. Thing is, it doesn't have to be this bad even if it's made in China or wherever else. I manufacture certain products in China to a very high standard, it's all about quality control and communications. The publisher obviously cared more about the cost here than the quality of the product or QC. This sort of poor quality control should really be ironed out and prevented long before mass production even begins.

I get that issues on an occur, but this shit is happening way too frequently.

You should have seen the FFXIV: Heavensward CE and the shitty cheap plastic dragon statue it came with.

I'm never giving Square-Enix a dime for a CE ever again. Fuck 'em.

KiraXD

not ALL CEs are shit quality. most of the AC statues are great, and TLoU is phenomenal! (holy shit these are dusty... sorry!)

CzbAybK.jpg

58qDOec.jpg

doCvTQw.jpg

$h@d0w

lol, the face is hilarious

suspect this will be on clearance just like the Master Chief cat helmet was weeks after release

a.wd

The Order 1886 CE puts to shame these expensive crappy looking statues.

For 80$ you got all this:

How come can Sony make such detailed statue for far less than 20$ and other companies can't ? And they cost far more....

You also got the order...hay ooow!

Hoo-doo

Banned
You kinda deserve it for spending upwards of 180 bucks on a 'collector's edition' that's just the game plus a handful randomly assorted made-in-china plastic garbage sprinkled on top. Don't buy CE's.

Might be in the minority, but I really like my Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition. I have the Pip Boy sitting next to my mini nuke on my desk and I think it looks great. Last CE that I thought was worth it before that was the Infamous 2 CE, though, as others have mentioned.
I'm happy with my FO4 Pip Boy Edition too. It doesn't fit my iPhone 6+, but it looks great on my bookshelf.

will the ps4 version have better facial textures?

sorry i'll leave now..

edit:
You kinda deserve it for spending upwards of 180 bucks on a 'collector's edition' that's just the game plus a handful randomly assorted made-in-china plastic garbage sprinkled on top. Don't buy CE's.
Well aint this just a total cuntish post?
he deserves it? did you see the original model what it was meant to look like? he did NOT deserve this, no consumer does.

Top Bottom