• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't believe how crap quality the Rise of the Tomb Raider CE was.

BibiMaghoo

laraCEstatue.png

Terrible. Most are though to be fair.

levyjl1988

Banned
I guess I wasn't the only one disappointed.

The quality of the Collector's Edition is a bit disappointing.
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183369

Steelbook Edition Disappointment
http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183370

This is the biggest FU Square Enix has ever given. Given that the competition presents better more higher standard quality items in the CE. This is a disappointment.

The CE even at a high price point did not include a Season Pass or DLC.

Even the Wolf Medallion with the Witcher 3 had substance and weight with the medal. The necklace is just flimsy plastic.

That sucks. Squeenix must have sent me at least 10 emails that "supplies were running out" for this CE, as recently as last week. Hope they didn't fool too many people
Actually I just counted: it was 9 emails

You kinda deserve it for spending upwards of 180 bucks on a 'collector's edition' that's just the game plus a handful randomly assorted made-in-china plastic garbage sprinkled on top. Don't buy CE's.

C'mon dude; don't be a cock based on what he chooses to spend his money on. That has nothing to do with what was bought, but simply the fact that he ordered goods which were clearly not up to the quality advertised.

Spasm

I guess I wasn't the only one disappointed.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183369

This is the biggest FU Square Enix has ever given. Given that the competition presents better more higher standard quality items in the CE. This is a disappointment.

The CE even at a high price point did not include a Season Pass or DLC.

Even the Wolf Medallion with the Witcher 3 had substance and weight with the medal. The necklace is just flimsy plastic.

This is the final straw right here. CE's are supposed to have everything the deluxe edition has, plus physical collectibles. Not only are the collectibles low-quality, but the digital deluxe edition has bundled DLC, and the season pass. I feel ripped off.

Yikes. Nothing will ever top the inFamous 2 CE for me. Still use the sling bag it came with to this day.
Yup, still use it for college. Bought it for $60 at GameStop a few months after release. No clue why it was so cheap and in stock, thing is great.

Sucks to get such crap quality CEs. Heaven awards dragon was a mess for a lot of people. Guess this is a problem with SE?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I'd be unhappy with that even if it fell out of a cracker over Christmas dinner.

Get a refund, it's that simple, you've been ripped off, if people keep buying these CE's without taking them back then nothing will get changed.

levyjl1988

Banned
What a bunch of Horse shit and false advertising.

tumblr_ntov8k64NE1qkq7tbo1_1280.jpg

Meticulous detail my ass. I feel cheated with this. The steel case doesn't look the same pictured in the photo, the sides are completely different.

Where can I file a lawsuit?

Catdaddy

This is the reason that I don’t buy any type of CE, no matter how much I like the game. It always seems to be a gamble.

Toa TAK

Banned
The in-game journal is all empty pages. It's recycled paper binded in excruciatingly cheap leather. I thought it would have good stock paper with printed pages. Fucking terrible. You don't understand my disappointment right now.
Not even Call of Duty did this.

I repeat: MW3 came with a written and illustrated journal of one of the main characters chronicling his thoughts on the series so far.
halo-reach-noble-team-mcfarlane-toys-statue-legendary-edition-extra.jpg

Still one of my favourites especially for prize and quality.
One of the last CE's I've bought, and the only one that came with a statue. So worth it.

SomTervo

There needs to be an entire thread for bad CE's.

Absolutely hilarious.

Not to laugh at your misfortune, OP (and others).

Fbh

Man, that's terrible.

I've felt tempted to get some Collectors Editions in the past. But it's stull like this that keeps me from buying them. You can never be too sure about what you wil get

Still one of my favourites especially for prize and quality, and i dont even really care about Halo.

Nathan Drake having the same issue as lara just less derpy.

That one is great.

And a local retail probably overstocked themselves with it or something because they were selling it for like $35 only a few months after it released

thats so bad haha.

But the statue from Bravely Default CE is worse i think. its sooo sooo bad

http://abload.de/img/bb9k3x.jpg

Wow, is that real?

I mean, this CE seems bad. But that thing there is on a whole other level of bad

Not even Call of Duty did this.

I repeat: MW3 came with a written and illustrated journal of one of the main characters chronicling his thoughts on the series so far.

One of the last CE's I've bought, and the only one that came with a statue. So worth it.

Last CE i bought was Darksiders 2 came with Death's Mask which is surprisingly well done and actually has some weight to it. Game was shit CE quality was good.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Is it ignorance or genuinely a ploy to just make more money because $150 gives you a lot of scope for better quality components and still make a tidy profit, we have a local shop that sells beautifully made thick leather diary's and polished stone/agate pendents which can be purchased for around $20 for both items combined. I just feel that some of these publishers think that gamers eat this tacky shit up and think it's ok.

What a bunch of Horse shit and false advertising.

tumblr_ntov8k64NE1qkq7tbo1_1280.jpg

Meticulous detail my ass. I feel cheated with this. The steel case doesn't look the same pictured in the photo, the sides are completely different.

Where can I file a lawsuit?

I fail to see the appeal in owning any of this, the value is in the game.

LOL. Why? Welcome to advertizing 101 where nothing is at it seems and everything is made of horseshoes, rainbows, and ponies. Does a McDonald hamburger ever look like it does in the ads? Does Gatorade make you as good as Kobe? I hope your starting to get the point. As the old adage goes: If it is too good to be true, it probably is.

nib95

Banned
Hopefully Dark Souls III's Prestige Edition is made by Art of War. Because $500 for a 40cm figure from them is a STEAL. You know you are getting quality with them.

70726f647563742f32303135303730345f3464313566392e6a7067003630300000660066.jpg

I would gladly pay $500 for a BERSERK Collector's Edition.

$500 for a plastic figure is a steal? Wat....

The mark up on those things must be insane.

Wow... That is shocking. That steelbook probably shocks me most, because, how do you mess that up?

That said, the whole thing reeks of being like under $5 worth of stuff and that's just abusive to the consumer.

Is it ignorance or genuinely a ploy to just make more money because $150 gives you a lot of scope for better quality components and still make a tidy profit, we have a local shop that sells beautifully made thick leather diary's and polished stone/agate pendents which can be purchased for around $20 for both items combined. I just feel that some of these publishers think that gamers eat this tacky shit up and think it's ok.

They do and especially pre-launch when hype is clouding their brain, that's why every game gets one or more CEs since last gen. one might say even the ones people say are good are still actually really tacky.

LUXURY

I am so glad I didn't get this. I feel bad for you. Nothing sucks more than waiting for a special edition like that and having it look like it was made with little to no thought.

I can assure you though the game is nothing like what you bought. It's pretty damn special.

The two worst quality sets I have had over the years like this have to be the UK version of the Mortal Kombat 9 CE and the Halo 3 tin case:

MK9's statue in the UK was scorpion hitting sub zero standing on some rocks, it was not the bookend two-piece setup but instead just a statue... made of plastic that bends and painted like a dog had the brush in his mouth, it's terrible and sadly I still own it.

The Halo 3 tin was also terrible, it was so thin that all the stock at my local gamestation at the time had dents in it, the disc was loose inside the case and it never held the disc correctly, there was a lot of online orders that turned up with loose discs all scratched up from being bumped around microsoft had to do a replacement programme for them. You could squeeze the tin in one hand easily and cause dents because it was such thin tin.

Top Bottom