• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was sold a multipack can separately.

Stasis

Just wait until you buy something in country X that clearly says: "Not for sale in country X" on it. Sometimes it's even made in country X to begin with. Those are exciting times.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This takeaway joint just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about takeaway food culture in Britain (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole and making excessive profit. If you rip off someone over in UK, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is a full refund of the excessive profit margin.

What this means is the British public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase takeaway food from this joint, nor will they purchase any of the soda in question, multipack or not. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but this single restaurant has alienated an entire market with this move.

Takeaway joint, publicly apologize and issue a refund of the profit made by abusing the price differential of a single can and a multipack can, or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Nevasleep

Yeah it's a takeaway. Gotta save that money, some places even import cans of Coca Cola.
Makes me a feel a little uneasy sometimes unless the food is real good, as they might be cutting corners in other areas.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah it's a takeaway. Gotta save that money, some places even import cans of Coca Cola.
Makes me a feel a little uneasy sometimes unless the food is real good, as they might be cutting corners in other areas.

Like not removing the gut from king prawns before putting them on pizza :'(

12080651_162191580796229_866008320_n.jpg

YES

kharma45

I'm actually with the OP on this one.

In Northern Ireland at least, take-away services frequently sell a tin of Coke Cola for £1.

Now if it's​ from a multi pack it usually works out to be £0.25 - 0.30p.

Why is it acceptable that they should make such a profit?

Don't buy it then.

This is possibly the most pathetic post of all time OP. If this is the sort of stuff you have time to concern yourself with, take a hard look at your life. Fucking christ.

MCN

Banned
I'm actually with the OP on this one.

In Northern Ireland at least, take-away services frequently sell a tin of Coke Cola for £1.

Now if it's​ from a multi pack it usually works out to be £0.25 - 0.30p.

Why is it acceptable that they should make such a profit?

Because rent, utilities and business rates aren't cheap.

Aselith

GAF going nuts over what I'm assuming is just someone being curious about something lol.

I don't have the answers to your questions unfortunately but I'm curious about it as well.

I think part of the problem is that OP poses the question "If I move forward with reporting this, what are my options?" That part implies not a curiosity about the labeling but a request for an action plan to move forward with taking action.

He's not posing the questions as if he just wants to find out a little bit more about what the labeling means.

BibiMaghoo

Lmao, it is not illegal...

The print is there to discourage, not because it is a crime. Manufacturers know that it is cheaper for someone to split and sell and multipack, but they don't want you to, so they shame label.

Report it OP, you will be laughed at. Drink your can and be happy.

Clefargle

Hey there this is Danny Fresh with a fresh pizza tip for you do you wanna know how to receive a free one topping dominos pizza from dominos pizzeria and restaurant well sit down let me tell you step 1 telephone a dominos pizza eatery restaurant and order a large 1 topping pizza and the guy will say what pizza topping would you like and then you say I want my topping to be another steaming hot dominos 1 topping pizza so the guy asks ok what topping would you like on your dominos one topping pizza topping and then you say go ahead and make my second dominos one topping pizza topping a dominos one topping pizza and that guy will ask ok sir what topping would you like on your dominos one topping pizza topping one topping pizza and you respond with a dominos one topping pizza and continue to order dominos one topping pizza top pizzas until you are at a pizza topped with 71 dominos one topping pizzas and then the pizza guy will say wait one moment sir we don't have any pizza boxes that will fit this 71 dominos one topping pizza top pizza so you say hold on and quickly run to home depot and purchase a maytag refrigerator which retails for $3,399 US dollars and when it comes time to pay for the maytag refrigerator you offer to pay home depot not with cash but with 70 piping hot dominos one topping pizzas and they of course accept so you buy the fridge and you take it back to dominos pizzeria restaurant and you give the pizza guy the maytag refrigerator box and put the 71 top dominos one topping pizza into it and you pay dominos using a brand new maytag refrigerator which retails for $3,399 US dollars so then you take the maytag refrigerator box filled with a 71 top dominos one topping pizza back to home Depot and you give it to the cashier there as payment for your brand new maytag refrigerator which retails for $3,399 US dollars and when the cashier turns his back to get your receipt you snatch the 71st dominos one topping pizza off the top of your dominos one topping pizza stack and you put it in your pocket and there you have yourself a completely free steaming hot dominos one topping PIZZa

BigDes

People talking about Poundland like you actually spend money in there

You go there to shoplift the curly wurlys and dented tins of Baxters, everybody knows that

Top Bottom