• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was sold a multipack can separately.

People talking about Poundland like you actually spend money in there

You go there to shoplift the curly wurlys and dented tins of Baxters, everybody knows that

Realtalk

I buy Roast Beef & Mustard Brannigans from them all the time, as they're one of the few places that stock those sublime crisps.

Other then that I sometimes pick up a branded sweet from there like basset jelly babies or refreshers or whatnot. They come and go, but when they're there they're cheaper then the supermarkets.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I'm actually with the OP on this one.

In Northern Ireland at least, take-away services frequently sell a tin of Coke Cola for £1.

Now if it's​ from a multi pack it usually works out to be £0.25 - 0.30p.

Why is it acceptable that they should make such a profit?

For some reason I can see the rest of this episode in my head - does Dee get her beak stuck in the coke while Dennis yells about Pepsi being a five star drink?

In Northern Ireland at least, take-away services frequently sell a tin of Coke Cola for £1.

making money owning a business

how does it work!!??!??!

_Ryo_

This is the strangest thread I have read in a while.

Though, I did once buy a soda from someome doing a yard sale and I think they were selling burgers too. Dont think they had a liscense to do so. This is actually illegal in a lot of places But whatever I needed a coke.

But on topic. There aint no laws about selling things labeled not for resale.

Come on GAF, this is embarrassing.
Really? You want to report them for selling a can from a multi pack?
If it is such a burden on your fragile soul, don't buy from them anymore and sod off elsewhere.
For fuck sake small businesses have a hard enough time surviving
Reading comprehension is hard, isn't it.

We can read the OP, the question is just ridiculous.
I think we all have stupid idle thoughts from time to time. I guess the majority of us know that they're stupid thoughts and just let them go. Also a quick Google is usually good for these things.
Either way this outrage is hilarious. GAF is just filled with rage nowadays.

sakipon

OPasked what his options were going forward if he reported them. So he has thought about it at least.

Fuck you OP

Albert Einstein once said 'The important thing is not to stop questioning.' It's always good to wonder why. Why are there labels that say 'not for sale separately'. What would happen if I did this. How does that thing actually operate.

That's how people learn and become smarter. Asking doesn't mean they were planning to do it. They wanted to understand how the system works.

Kieli

Dudes... learn some chill. I was also curious as to how big companies could even enforce this silly "not to be sold separately" thingyamabobber.

Sonic1USCart.jpg

RIP SEGA

Cmagus

If you've ever bought a drink from a corner store you've bought from a multipack it's how they save money and make money. My old job use to have a vending machine where they would buy a 24 case for $3.99 and sell them individually for $2.50 a piece. Also the Arizona thing made me laugh, I buy a can everyday and it's alwats more than. 99 on the can and they look at you when you can clearly see the price.

ERotIC

Banned

Are you seriously asking why a business would raise the price of goods in order to turn a profit?

Yo buddy, you don't understand how this works. If it hurts so much, just walk down the street to your nearest tesco express and buy a cheap can instead. No one is forcing you to buy the coke at the restaurants price...it's just the added cost of doing business with them and the convenience they provide.

DBT85

Takeaway is what everyone here calls it. Its the correct term.

Americans can have sidewalk though. That one does make more sense than pavement.

MilkyJoe

Realtalk

I buy Roast Beef & Mustard Brannigans from them all the time, as they're one of the few places that stock those sublime crisps.

Other then that I sometimes pick up a branded sweet from there like basset jelly babies or refreshers or whatnot. They come and go, but when they're there they're cheaper then the supermarkets.

Brannigans! I nearly took a shit when I saw them in there, I thought they were gone forever.

PS the missus shops in there to get her work Pepsi for cheap, I can't abide the place.

BibiMaghoo

Dudes... learn some chill. I was also curious as to how big companies could even enforce this silly "not to be sold separately" thingyamabobber.

They can't.

The 'not to be sold separately' is the manufacturer using a bit of text to dissuade people from doing it to maximise their profits. It is not a requirement of any kind to place it their in the first place.

OP, these are the only requirements for packaging in the UK. If your can meets this list, then there would be nothing to report.

Top Bottom