• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iconic Gaming Logos

vzmSo.jpg

ALkZ9.gif

Gravijah

hey_it's_that_dog said:
I don't know. But I think that even among gamers that logo is far less iconic than pretty much everything else in here. This could be because it really isn't as widespread and well-known as these other logos, or it could be because, by chance, I haven't encountered it before and maybe everyone else has, in which case I'm wrong and I can accept that.

Yeah, SMT logo isn't really that big. It probably wouldn't be considered iconic.

cj_iwakura

hey_it's_that_dog said:
I don't know. But I think that even among gamers that logo is far less iconic than pretty much everything else in here. This could be because it really isn't as widespread and well-known as these other logos, or it could be because, by chance, I haven't encountered it before and maybe everyone else has, in which case I'm wrong and I can accept that.

It's iconic to the community, if nothing else.
(Also helps that it's a really cool logo.)

I could be wrong, but I believe in Japan, it's pretty renown among gamers in general.
SMT1 is up there with Chrono Trigger and FFVI as one of the classics.
(It never had a chance of coming out here, seeing as how all-out nuclear war and global apocalypse happens about five hours in.)

Anyway.

ShinMegamiTenseiLogo.png

Is that better? :p

UFRA

gta_logo.gif

Although it's just the title of the game, they've kept the same font style throughout the series, and pretty much everyone knows GTA...

entremet

Speaking of Sega, I loved when they had the separate teams during the Dreamcast days. All had great logos too. Kinda cheating here since these guys were pretty under the radar.

Smilebit

Smilebit_Logo.png

Couldn't find the logo for United Game Artist--the Rez team.

cj_iwakura

entrement said:
Speaking of Sega, I loved when they had the separate teams during the Dreamcast days. All had great logos too.

Smilebit

Smilebit_Logo.png

For all intents and purposes, they're Q? Entertainment now.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Noisepurge said:
What the hell are some of those logos... ICONIC PEOPLE! :D
http://todellisuus.net/~malakai/random/quakedoom.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thank you. I was starting to lose faith.

I mean the damn Call of Duty "logo" showed up before the Quake one. wth people.

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
How come nobody has put the most ICONIC logo in the world:

umbrella_corporation_logo.gif

What is that from?

I really don't think you people understand what an iconic image is:

iconic:

BLANK%20BOY%20MOUSE%20APPLIQUE%20PICTURE.jpg

golden-arches.jpg

entrement said:
]

Not being able to find the image on the internet is a good sign that what you are looking for isn't iconic.

cj_iwakura

whitehawk said:
lol what is this?

To be specific, it's the Key of Solomon; a symbol associated with summoning Goetic demons. It's pretty much considered synonymous with Shin Megami Tensei in Japan, since it's used in the devil summoning application.

(The US equivalent is the SMT Star Mandala, seen above.)

JaseMath

UFRA said:
gta_logo.gif

Although it's just the title of the game, they've kept the same font style throughout the series, and pretty much everyone knows GTA...
I hate that logo and have since the first time I saw it used it GTA 3. Doesn't it bother anyone else that it's the same font as The Price is Right?!

priceisright.jpg

Gravijah

JasonMCG said:
I hate that logo and have since the first time I saw it used it GTA 3. Doesn't it bother anyone else that it's the same font as The Price is Right?!

http://ttoes.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/priceisright.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nope. How can you hate it though? So good.

Soma

e3jx0.jpg

Every time I see this all I can hear in my head is

"DU-DUN~ DUN~ DUN DUN DUN!

DU-DUN~ DUN~ DUN DUN DUN!"

UFRA

JasonMCG said:

lol I guess the font is pretty close. I like the GTA "logo" though. :p

entremet

outunderthestars said:
Not being able to find the image on the internet is a good sign that what you are looking for isn't iconic.
Yep. I mentioned that I was cheating with those selections ;)

Mistle

UFRA said:
Can't believe these weren't posted yet!

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/1058033.jpg[./IMG]
[IMG]http://www.tutorialpark.com/wp-content/uploads/4/Half-Life-2-Logo.jpg[.IMG][/QUOTE]Came to post these.

Other:

[IMG]http://www.gamersdailynews.com/userfiles/sonic-the-hedgehog-2.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
cj_iwakura said:
To be specific, it's the Key of Solomon; a symbol associated with summoning Goetic demons. It's pretty much considered synonymous with Shin Megami Tensei in Japan, since it's used in the devil summoning application.

(The US equivalent is the SMT Star Mandala, seen above.)
That's great, but it's not iconic.

UFRA

Hey what's that one company that makes the Wii and DS and all that? ...I just can't think of it.

It's like it's right in my face but I just can't remember...

:lol

jaydogg your Nintendo pic is 2687x1414 plus we already had that on the first page :p

entremet

Man, Jaydog, resize your pic. LOL. My display is super high resolution and I still need to scroll to the left.

Another once great Sega Team.

sonic_team_logo.jpg

Top Bottom