• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iconic Gaming Logos

Orobi

jualpf.jpg

Micius

cj_iwakura said:
It goes back almost twenty years now.

1.jpg

There we go.

I agree that this one belongs here. Shin Megami Tensei <3

I do sort of understand if people don't recognize it though, this particular imagery hasn't been used in the PS2 generation SMT RPGs and spin-offs which is what people in English language regions are more familiar with.

Vhalyar

Micius said:
I agree that this one belongs here. Shin Megami Tensei <3

I do sort of understand if people don't recognize it though, this particular imagery hasn't been used in the PS2 generation SMT RPGs and spin-offs which is what people in English language regions are more familiar with.
This, I think, would be more 'iconic' here.

uLMS7.jpg

Raide

Having names on these logo's does give it away. You should be able to recognize an iconic logo without any words.

ok here is a collection of logos posted so far that would qualify as iconic symbols, you can tell where they are from even if you see only a part of it:

gameicons.jpg

Noisepurge said:
ok here is a collection of logos posted so far that would qualify as iconic symbols, you can tell where they are from even if you see only a part of it:

gameicons.jpg

Now those are ICONIC for sure, the only one missing is the UMBRELLA CORP. logo and thats it.

Im sorry but half of the logos in this thread are not iconic. People seem to be just posting any old game or developer logo. Thread should be renamed game themed logos.

SykoTech

These threads are always follow the same pattern. Obvious choices get used first, so then people pick lesser known ones and the complaining about what is and is not count ensues. The title just says "iconic gaming logos", not "gaming logos any joe schmoe would be able to identify". It's pretty broad, so the complaining seems quite unnecessary.

Anyways:

0.jpg

Foxhound_logo.jpg

entry_page_logo.jpg

Gotta say, while the Future one is cool, I miss the old R&C logo. I wish Insomniac would have revisited it for All 4 One.

Top Bottom