• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm playing Nintendo Switch tomorrow at PAX, what unanswered questions do you have?

Ask one of the reps if wireless multiplayer is allowed between a docked and undocked switch.

I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed but I'm curious about it.

Mr Swine

Banned
Can you check on the menu (if possible) if it's possible to change brightness and how big of a difference it is between the lowest and highest setting

spekkeh

Banned
1. Can you place the dock horizontally, so you can put it in your tv cabinet and slide the Switch in and out?

2. Does the screen have haptic feedback when you touch it, or just the joycons?

3. Does Zelda have HD rumble?

I believe these were the main outstanding questions in the threads.

Dystify

Can you check on the menu (if possible) if it's possible to change brightness and how big of a difference it is between the lowest and highest setting

The Switch even has a brightness sensor in it to automatically change brightness of the screen (even 3DS has this). The setting for it hasn't been shown (like almost everything on the home menu), but it's definitely there.

Hey OP, if you could report back on the build quality of the Switch, Joy cons and Pro Comp controller that would be awesome. Describe the materials and their textures if you could.

ecosse_011172

I'd like to know anything about the UI and how pretty Zelda is as well as differences between the joypad and the Pro Controller.
How close is the Pro Controller to the Wavebird?

92qTTns.png

Is that an iPhone 4 dock?

HotHamBoy

OP: Please do a shoryuken and a hadouken with the left face buttons and the analog stick.

Excuse my ignorance but what is digital and analog anyways?

Analog - farther you pull trigger, faster car goes
Digital - car is either max accelerating (press) or at zero. (no press)

Dystify

Wait...so there is a male connection on the Switch unit itself and it slots into a female connection on the dock? That seems backwards to me.

You want the Switch's USB connector to stick out on the bottom? Doing it the way Nintendo did it seems way more logical to me.

These are some excellent questions! Keep em comin! I'm going to do my best to answer them all. And for the record - I'm not expecting any real answers out of the booth workers like "when does xenoblade come out" or anything, lol.

This is more about stuff that I can answer with my own eyes, ears, and hands.

How comfortable is the split Joycon scheme? Like, playing with one Joycon in each hand in the vertical orientation so your hands can relax at your sides.

Also try to see if you can feel the HD rumble in anything besides 1, 2, Switch and ARMS. We've had lots of reports it's in Zelda but it hasn't been confirmed clearly yet.

J@hranimo

Banned
Tomorrow, I'll be traveling to PAX South to cover it for FloKO. But what I'm most excited about is trying out Nintendo Switch for the first time. I'm going to try everything they've got, but I'm especially looking forward to ARMS.

What unanswered questions do you have that I can try and answer while I'm there?

For example: first thing I'm gonna do is try and hit the home button and share button to see what happens, and see if I can mess around in the UI.

Can you play Splatoon 2 with the joycons separate from the grip? Or is it just joycon grip or pro controller?

Thanks in advance

There is no HD rumble for Zelda.

What the fuck. Then why isn't Link left handed!? Lefties unite!
If it's story, fine, but it was important to me as a kid after being made fun of that Link was a lefty. Please don't make every Link a righty now.

Pardon my aside, please resume requesting impressions from this nice person.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You want the Switch's USB connector to stick out on the bottom? Doing it the way Nintendo did it seems way more logical to me.

No, I want it the way you describe it. That picture looks like it is a female connection in the base. But it must be a male connection on the base, just a bad angle.

freefornow

It would be great if you got to play it in hand held mode running on battery only, play a game like Zelda, and see if you can note how quickly the battery indicator drops.
For example: Battery indicator has six segments, and after 30 min of playing Zelda, 2 segments no longer showing.
Would be good to have some indicator (although I suspect the display units will be on a power supply)

GAMETA

Banned
Are you going to play Breath of the Wild?

Could you please try to shield surf on the water? Would be better if you could go down a slope to get some speed and then into the water I haven't seen anyone try, I'm curious to see what happens :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ask them where they are hiding Animal Crossing Switch

There is not.

In the interview, Mr Aonuma confirmed that the HD rumble feature will not be present in the game due to the company wanting a similar experience for Wii U and Switch owners.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...breath_of_the_wild_will_not_feature_hd_rumble

He did not say that. He said he wishes they could've focused the game on some of the hardware features of the Switch like the HD rumble, but that in no way suggests there is no HD rumble whatsoever. Just that it isn't used as a gameplay feature.

A Treehouse employee tweeted that Zelda will use HD rumble.

No, I want it the way you describe it. That picture looks like it is a female connection in the base. But it must be a male connection on the base, just a bad angle.

I think it's male, but recessed. The plastic probably lines up with the holes on the bottom of the tablet, then pushing the tablet down makes sure it lines up and exposes the male plug on the base.

E: super garbage mockup
8TXG8HJ.png

This is the most sane way I can see it working, and working safely.

Top Bottom