• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daft_Cat

I only saw half the movie. Special preview, so this is all I saw:

The movie is set 20 years from now. Global warming has already affected the planet. Crops are dying. Water is scarce. Many 3rd world countries are affected the most.

World governments come together to solve this issue. NASA in conjuction with other country's space program takes a risk on a new powerful engine that feeds off feelings. The more feels you have, the more powerful the engines become. In this case, as you've seen in the trailers, Matthew's character cries a lot. All his feels pushes their spacecraft further into the abyss of space, thus finding a blackhole and going through it.

Time bends into a non-linear fashion. Think Doc's explanation of how time travel works in Back to the Future. The feels from Matthew are even stronger after they exit the black hole.

They land on a planet that's made of ice and fire. They see flag in the distant. As they draw closer, they noticed it's an American flag. Matthew is like, "Alright, alright, alright, alright. What's goin on here?" Matt Damon pops out from nowhere and is behind him. He has long, shaggy hair and a beard. He's also wearing a spacesuit similar to Matthew's, but more advanced looking. Matt explains to him that due to Matthew's feels, two different universes were created: One that Matthew lives in and the other Matt lives in.

The preview ended there. Noticed how I left how Anne Hathaway. She's pretty much a throwaway character, just like all her movies.

So you're saying the kid is actually the mother? I guess it makes sense that Damon's the key to everything.

ARE YOU SERIOUS

Secret_Riddle please...ugh. Spoiler tag that.

Sorry! HOW do you tag exactly?

Hurry before I let it slip that Jessica Chastain and Matt Damon are actually the same person sent from Space Jesus to harvest all the corn!

sfedai0

Banned

The movie is set 20 years from now. Global warming has already affected the planet. Crops are dying. Water is scarce. Many 3rd world countries are affected the most.

World governments come together to solve this issue. NASA in conjuction with other country's space program takes a risk on a new powerful engine that feeds off feelings. The more feels you have, the more powerful the engines become. In this case, as you've seen in the trailers, Matthew's character cries a lot. All his feels pushes their spacecraft further into the abyss of space, thus finding a blackhole and going through it.

Time bends into a non-linear fashion. Think Doc's explanation of how time travel works in Back to the Future. The feels from Matthew are even stronger after they exit the black hole.

They land on a planet that's made of ice and fire. They see flag in the distant. As they draw closer, they noticed it's an American flag. Matthew is like, "Alright, alright, alright, alright. What's goin on here?" Matt Damon pops out from nowhere and is behind him. He has long, shaggy hair and a beard. He's also wearing a spacesuit similar to Matthew's, but more advanced looking. Matt explains to him that due to Matthew's feels, two different universes were created: One that Matthew lives in and the other Matt lives in.

The preview ended there. Noticed how I left how Anne Hathaway. She's pretty much a throwaway character, just like all her movies.

HYPE DEFLATED.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
God fucking damn you if just spoiled this movie. I just wanted to see the new fucking trailer

Um, people, it's pretty obvious he is being sarcastic and making that entire thing up. He hasn't spoiled anything from the real movie, lol.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
matt-damon-team-america.gif

Um, people, it's pretty obvious he is being sarcastic and making that entire thing up. He hasn't spoiled anything from the real movie, lol.

Well no, it isn't obvious when there is a wall of blacked out text and someone quotes and then adds about the movie, joking or not, it isn't obvious. Very relived to know that it isn't a spoiler though.

Raptor

Nolan as reached beyond Kubrick status.

He should just retire and teach how make movies on MIT.

Blader

lol, a special preview of half the movie, that sounds like the dumbest way to watch something. "Oh, were you finding this interesting and really getting into it? Well preview's over now, come back in a month to watch this whole hour and a half again before getting to the new stuff!"

Daft_Cat

My intent wasn't even to fool anybody. I thought that was too outrageous for anyone to take seriously... and I also thought it was established that Jason Ultimatum's original post had been a joke. I was just playing along for lols.

So you're saying the kid is actually the mother? I guess it makes sense that Damon's the key to everything.

Sorry! HOW do you tag exactly?

Hurry before I let it slip that Jessica Chastain and Matt Damon are actually the same person sent from Space Jesus to harvest all the corn!

ao8h77.jpg

DMczaf

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention...t-a-jump-on-awards-season#FD3SjzPUXDu0ipA3.99

The nominees were chosen by an "HMMA advisory board and selection committee," and winners will be voted upon by "music-media industry professionals comprised of select members of the Society of Composers and Lyricists, The Television Academy, the AMPAS Music Branch, NARAS, performing rights organizations, film music journalists and music executives," according to the press release.

You might raise your eyebrow at something like "Interstellar" being on here when it hasn't been screened for these purposes (or much at all, for that matter). The nominations are also based on hearing music via early samples sent to the advisory board and/or festivals and industry promo features. In this case, I'm told a five minute promo trailer that included Zimmer's music and was not made public was screened to a limited audience.

Whether a five minute promo reel is sufficient for consideration of a nearly three-hour feature film's score, I'll leave that to you to decide.

Original Score - Feature Film
"The Imitation Game" (Alexandre Desplat)
"Birdman" (Antonio Sanchez)
"The Theory of Everything" (Jóhann Jóhannsson)
"Interstellar" (Hans Zimmer)
"Fury" (Steven Price)
"The Judge" (Thomas Newman)
"Gone Girl" (Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross)

That sounds...well, that doesn't sound too good.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I'm hoping for a Pale Blue Dot moment when they are getting far from Earth.

Stoze

...and this is why spoiler tags aren't toys.

For anyone scared of this thread, none of the spoilers in Jason's post and the responses to it are real.

P.S. If you read them and thought they were serious, I....I don't know what to say.

Raptor

...and this is why spoiler tags aren't toys.

For anyone scared of this thread, none of the spoilers in Jason's post and the responses to it are real.

P.S. If you read them and thought they were serious, I....I don't know what to say.

There is a part in that trailer in where
mcanaguey is crying his heart out and then the ship is going really fast

Some could believe is fueled by dem FEELS

DMczaf

Soundtrack won't be released until 2 weeks after the movie

http://nr.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=3&articleid=30065082&m=d

The 57-year-old German musician has also delayed the release of the soundtrack because he wants people to hear his score for the first time in conjunction with the movie.

He explained: ''The normal form is you release the soundtrack two weeks before the movie comes out but this time I'm not going to do that I'm going to release it two weeks after the movie comes out because I want the majority of people to hear the music for the first time with the film. I want them to go and hear it on big speakers, I don't want them to hear it on their little computer speakers. It's not why I get up in the morning.''

I love Nolan films and he hasn't let me down yet, but I am just not feeling it with this. I can't put my finger on it, but despite it's grand idea, it just feels too pedestrian and each trailer makes it feel more mundane. Hope I am wrong.

Daft_Cat

This makes no sense, because I usually listen to soundtracks with massive headphones on and completely immerse myself in the music. Sitting in a cinema I'm distracted by the story, images and people playing with sweet wrappers next to me.

Ah, come on. It makes a bit of sense.

You can listen to the soundtrack whenever you want once it's released... Zimmer just doesn't want the impact of certain moments in the score to be dulled by your familiarity with the soundtrack.

Ah, come on. It makes a bit of sense.

You can listen to the soundtrack whenever you want once it's released... Zimmer just doesn't want the impact of certain moments in the score to be dulled by your familiarity with the soundtrack.

I'm sulking like a small child because I want to hear it ASAP.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
This makes no sense, because I usually listen to soundtracks with massive headphones on and completely immerse myself in the music. Sitting in a cinema I'm distracted by the story, images
That's the point of a film score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom