• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm very tempted to get tix for opening day at the Pacific Science Center IMAX theater in Seattle. Only one in the state doing imax+70mm. So very tempted. Don't know the last time I saw something like this in that format.

What does $20M against 20% get you? A loaf of bread at Whole Foods

http://instagram.com/p/tj6cRBtYIJ/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=photo&modal=true

10706774_1564879763740872_685979529_n.jpg

Lucky bastard. I wish I could meet Nolan, discuss film with him, then have a nervous breakdown in his arms when I find out he doesn't like the same movies as me.

farmerboy

Probably my most anticipated movie in a very long time. Can't remember the last time a trailer absolutely hooked me like this one.

Hopefully it lives up to my hype.

nothing wrong with that. latest transformers was straight ass but michael bay is pretty good at action filmmaking, nolan should learn a few pointers.

Hmm very tempted to get tix for opening day at the Pacific Science Center IMAX theater in Seattle. Only one in the state doing imax+70mm. So very tempted. Don't know the last time I saw something like this in that format.

I'm probably going to do that too.

I saw Godzilla there opening night and it was pretty great. I don't think I'd seen an IMAX movie since I was a kid going to the shitty 3D fish video they would do and getting a splitting headache afterwards, haha.

I'm loving how they're doing the trailers for this movie so far. It give you the setup for the movie and a tiny bit of other planet stuff, but I still don't have any idea of where the movie is going to be going in the end. On GAF I've heard hints that the story goes in some weird directions based on the script, but I thankfully haven't heard any details so I'm still excited to find out!

Usually trailers show a huge explosion or dramatic moment that you are almost always able to tell "yup, that's the climax of the movie right there."

I'm probably going to do that too.

I saw Godzilla there opening night and it was pretty great. I don't think I'd seen an IMAX movie since I was a kid going to the shitty 3D fish video they would do and getting a splitting headache afterwards, haha.

I'm loving how they're doing the trailers for this movie so far. It give you the setup for the movie and a tiny bit of other planet stuff, but I still don't have any idea of where the movie is going to be going in the end. On GAF I've heard hints that the story goes in some weird directions based on the script, but I thankfully haven't heard any details so I'm still excited to find out!

Usually trailers show a huge explosion or dramatic moment that you are almost always able to tell "yup, that's the climax of the movie right there."

I feel like this trailer maybe gave me more than I wanted to know,
what with the time warp themes it's alluding to
but other than that I agree they've done a good job keeping the big kahunas of the plot under wraps, a rarity in movie trailers these days.

I think the last imax deal I saw was an everest expedition and it was pretty nuts just seeing the progression of them ascending and reaching different base camps. Imax is king when it comes to showing wide vista and panorama shots, can really get a sense of vertigo seeing heights in the format. From what we've seen so far of Interstellar it seems like there's no shortage of that kind of footage either. I was a bit meh about this before but very pumped up now after hearing PT Anderson praise it. Hoping to have my mind blown proper!

commedieu

Banned
Insane. I was looking into the technology for the movie and found this..

rxj1131.jpg

The first time I saw this image taken by the Chandra X-ray Observatory I instantly thought of dozens scenes in science fiction movies, games, and illustrations—interstellar ships about to come out of hyperspace portals or wormholes. Spectacular photo.

The reason why this looks like wormhole is because a galaxy in the foreground is acting as gravitational lens: Its gravity bends light, amplifying and deforming what's behind it. The image combines visible color and the X-ray—in pink—a quasar located about 6 billion light years from Earth that is 1.6 million light years across. It's in the constellation Crater, in the Southern Hemisphere.
http://sploid.gizmodo.com/an-interstellar-spaceship-is-about-to-exit-this-hypersp-1537185388

That is insane.

Dany

Banned
I'm downloading Interstellar IMAX 15:70 Trailer (iPhone Recording).mov

It's nothing but historial/actual interviews about space and life on earth, only new footage is the gifs that DMczaf posted. Pretty much nothing.

Help me out guys. The movie isn't available in 70MM Imax, but is available in regular 70MM. Should I see that over regular Imax (Liemax)?

I'm in Dallas if that helps.

Chaeotic

Neo Member
Reading around the NolanFan forums, rumour has it all the marketing material thus far barely scrapes anything in the movie itself. Absolutely awesome news if true - with everything shown so far, and leaked, this movie is going to be incredible. Trying to keep hype in check, the train is slowly leaving this station though!

Mariolee

Heard from trusted sources that all of the marketing thus far barely touches the surface of the full film.

Reading around the NolanFan forums, rumour has it all the marketing material thus far barely scrapes anything in the movie itself. Absolutely awesome news if true - with everything shown so far, and leaked, this movie is going to be incredible. Trying to keep hype in check, the train is slowly leaving this station though!

Be honest Expendable. Your trusted sources were the NolanFan Forums huh?

xam3l

Is the IMAX trailer different!? trailer 5?

nolanfans is freaking out that it leaking...?

They are freaking out with reason... Its fucking fenomenal! that Zimmer track <3

The more I watch the more I'm certain that it will be something trully special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom