• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

Bravo Nolan, truly the modern day Hitchcock
PsCnDCO.gif

Daft_Cat

My friend saw him at the Hollywood Arclight and Nolan started chatting with him out of nowhere. My buddy was shocked and did everything he could to not come off as a fanboy.

No way! I met Nolan at the Arclight as well. He was seeing The Bling Ring with his wife at a pretty late showing. It was just the Nolans, my girlfriend and I, and maybe 2 or 3 other people. Ruined the movie for me in the best possible way!

I got a picture with him before the show... and then my girlfriend revealed that she wanted one too after we had already started walking away. I was so embarrassed to have to ask him again but he started laughing and was really nice about it.

He carries a very intimidating aura, but as soon as he started talking he was really friendly. I must have looked like a deer in headlights.

After the movie, he waited in the line with everyone to validate his parking. I thought that was funny for some reason. Cognitive dissonance, maybe. Just standing in line to validate my parking ticket with Chris Nolan.

Oh, and he was wearing the Nolan Jacket =P.

Fun fact: Christopher Nolan largely prefers the use of practical effects over CGI. In making Interstellar, he used a 1:1 scale model of outer space in order to film key action sequences.

raphier

Banned
I believe that one of the producers of this movie also produced Contact.

I just re-watched the Contact last evening and holy moly Matthew McConaughey is Palmer Ross, I see there's been lots of intertwining going in this project.

Oh good to know you've seen it. Post your review! :p

I only saw half the movie. Special preview, so this is all I saw:

The movie is set 20 years from now. Global warming has already affected the planet. Crops are dying. Water is scarce. Many 3rd world countries are affected the most.

World governments come together to solve this issue. NASA in conjuction with other country's space program takes a risk on a new powerful engine that feeds off feelings. The more feels you have, the more powerful the engines become. In this case, as you've seen in the trailers, Matthew's character cries a lot. All his feels pushes their spacecraft further into the abyss of space, thus finding a blackhole and going through it.

Time bends into a non-linear fashion. Think Doc's explanation of how time travel works in Back to the Future. The feels from Matthew are even stronger after they exit the black hole.

They land on a planet that's made of ice and fire. They see flag in the distant. As they draw closer, they noticed it's an American flag. Matthew is like, "Alright, alright, alright, alright. What's goin on here?" Matt Damon pops out from nowhere and is behind him. He has long, shaggy hair and a beard. He's also wearing a spacesuit similar to Matthew's, but more advanced looking. Matt explains to him that due to Matthew's feels, two different universes were created: One that Matthew lives in and the other Matt lives in.

The preview ended there. Noticed how I left how Anne Hathaway. She's pretty much a throwaway character, just like all her movies.

The movie is set 20 years from now. Global warming has already affected the planet. Crops are dying. Water is scarce. Many 3rd world countries are affected the most.

World governments come together to solve this issue. NASA in conjuction with other country's space program takes a risk on a new powerful engine that feeds off feelings. The more feels you have, the more powerful the engines become. In this case, as you've seen in the trailers, Matthew's character cries a lot. All his feels pushes their spacecraft further into the abyss of space, thus finding a blackhole and going through it.

Time bends into a non-linear fashion. Think Doc's explanation of how time travel works in Back to the Future. The feels from Matthew are even stronger after they exit the black hole.

They land on a planet that's made of ice and fire. They see flag in the distant. As they draw closer, they noticed it's an American flag. Matthew is like, "Alright, alright, alright, alright. What's goin on here?" Matt Damon pops out from nowhere and is behind him. He has long, shaggy hair and a bear. He's also wearing a spacesuit similar to Matthew's, but more advanced looking. Matt explains to him that due to Matthew's feels, two different universes were created: One that Matthew lives in and the other Matt lives in.

The preview ended there. Noticed how I left how Anne Hathaway. She's pretty much a throwaway character, just like all her movies.

BS are you kidding me ?!

commedieu

Banned

They land on a planet that's made of ice and fire. They see flag in the distant. As they draw closer, they noticed it's an American flag. Matthew is like, "Alright, alright, alright, alright. What's goin on here?" Matt Damon pops out from nowhere and is behind him. He has long, shaggy hair and a bear. He's also wearing a spacesuit similar to Matthew's, but more advanced looking. Matt explains to him that due to Matthew's feels, two different universes were created: One that Matthew lives in and the other Matt lives in.

well that is the most interesting thing i've read. Whistleblowers from American Black Technology projects claimed:
That extra terrestrials had engines that bonded with your mind. This one gentleman remembered when he was upset, the engine device would change color. Its one of the only ways to interface with the technology, using mind and emotions
So its interesting to see that concept for the film.

DMczaf

They land on a planet that's made of ice and fire. They see flag in the distant. As they draw closer, they noticed it's an American flag. Matthew is like, "Alright, alright, alright, alright. What's goin on here?" Matt Damon pops out from nowhere and is behind him. He has long, shaggy hair and a beard. He's also wearing a spacesuit similar to Matthew's, but more advanced looking. Matt explains to him that due to Matthew's feels, two different universes were created: One that Matthew lives in and the other Matt lives in.

well that is the most interesting thing i've read. Whistleblowers from American Black Technology projects claimed:
That extra terrestrials had engines that bonded with your mind. This one gentleman remembered when he was upset, the engine device would change color. Its one of the only ways to interface with the technology, using mind and emotions
So its interesting to see that concept for the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom