• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is HOT RYU™ the most significant event in videogame history?

Is HOT RYU™ the most significant event in videogame history?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ivan 3414

IDK I always found it tasteless when guys do the same thing. Basically shouting out I WANT TO FUCK SUCH AND SUCH is tasteless regardless. For example whenever someone post that watermelon eating gif in a topic relating to a female.

Why can't a sentence end at he's hot at most describing what you find hot about him, why does it have to go all the way to DAMN I'D LET HIM SLAM ME UP AGAINST A WALL.

It's like the dudes in the fucking R.Mika thread saying YO THESE GIFS IM GONNA GO BEAT MY MEAT. Like seriously wtf? Does the world really need to fucking know that?

Or maybe I'm the weird one here, shrug.

I'll say that you're not alone in that. It's weird to me as well.

Caronte

Found the source

FHlNESG.jpg

I refuse to believe that wasn't intentional.

Overside

Banned

People who say otherwise are clearly not into futas. If you give me a futa doujin where all you get to see are tits, I'll be seriously disappointed.

They're not equivalent, at all.

homer-blankstare-1.gif

Okay, what was that thing I was supposed to do here....

5745409_orig.png

"People who say otherwise are clearly not into ________. If you give me a _______ _________ where all you get to see are tits, I'll be seriously disappointed."

Ok... So dicks cant equal tits.... So the blanks cant be dicks.... Uhm.... Oh Balls, I cant think of Anyth- OF COURSE!!!!

Dicks dont = tits!!! Balls equal tits! They're both round, they're both hairy! They both have nipples!

They want individual pouches for each testicle like how women have boob socks! That way each individual testicle and the phallus can all gyrate independantly! And a cleavage window! And let the bottoms hang out like underboob! Brilliant!!

They shall build monuments of equality in your names!

No, not even close.

I mean we've had plenty of pretty and/or handsome men in video games, what exactly is it that bearded shirtless Ryu brings to the table?

I do admit that he looks less on steroids in this model though - like his physique is closer to reality.

And I can always dig the beard for it is superior to the stache

Monocle

hottest FG char gotta be Gai Tendo (Buriki One / KOFXI)
He's definitely up there. Such a good build. Mmh.

IDK I always found it tasteless when guys do the same thing. Basically shouting out I WANT TO FUCK SUCH AND SUCH is tasteless regardless. For example whenever someone post that watermelon eating gif in a topic relating to a female.

Why can't a sentence end at he's hot at most describing what you find hot about him, why does it have to go all the way to DAMN I'D LET HIM SLAM ME UP AGAINST A WALL.

It's like the dudes in the fucking R.Mika thread saying YO THESE GIFS IM GONNA GO BEAT MY MEAT. Like seriously wtf? Does the world really need to fucking know that?

Or maybe I'm the weird one here, shrug.
This kind of turned me on tbh.

So now bara god Shotaro Kojima has done a piece of Hot Ryu. Anyone who knows who that is/what that means, should go and um, find stuff.

This is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Golnei

So now bara god Shotaro Kojima has done a piece of Hot Ryu. Anyone who knows who that is/what that means, should go and um, find stuff.

This is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

It's beautiful. I assume Jiraiya will jump on board after they reveal what they've done to Zangief?

Autofokus

Isn't the hobo beard just part of the current Zeitgeist? Add an samurai bun and he looks like every second guy I see randomly on the streets these days.

orioto

Good Art™
That whole ridiculous story is really depressing for people who can't grow a beard for sure!

Also about male sexualisation in fighters. I don't think beefy poses count. I mean.. Showing muscular bodies in purely straight action movies or even wrestling hasn't been anything sexual for ages. Sure it's going to be for gay guys, but it's not the intent.

Also notice how Boob physics have progressed but we still don't have proper flesh on male models, with breathing and flexible shapes..
Butt physics to!
They still have a rock solid dead statue torso. I think the next gen UFC game made progress in that department.

It's beautiful. I assume Jiraiya will jump on board after they reveal what they've done to Zangief?
Capcom should get a bunch of famous bara artists and do some work focusing on the SF men for them. Shotaro Kojima, Masanori, Jiraiya, Sakuramaru, Gau Mizuki, Gengoroh Tagami, etc, etc. There's some official Capcom designers that would fit right in too, (Kinu Nishimura, Edayan, Yoshihara Motoki) Throw in some prominent western artists, and they've got a whole new range of merchandise they could promote.

jerry1594

Capcom should get a bunch of famous bara artists and do some work focusing on the SF men for them. Shotaro Kojima, Masanori, Jiraiya, Sakuramaru, Gau Mizuki, Gengoroh Tagami, etc, etc. There's some official Capcom designers that would fit right in too, (Kinu Nishimura, Edayan, Yoshihara Motoki) Throw in some prominent western artists, and they've got a whole new range of merchandise they could promote.
Edayan? All I've seen of his like that is that swimmer guy from Rival Schools lol

Edayan? All I've seen of his like that is that swimmer guy from Rival Schools lol
Considering he designed (almost) the entire Rival Schools cast, and that game is stud city, I think he could contribute something awesome.

"That swimmer guy" is proof enough.

7JmrO8m.jpg

Nagare <3

jerry1594

Eh, stud city is your personal taste. I don't see the male sexualization in the cast (or in the cast in general) that I do in some of Kinu Nishimura's work though. And it's not like you can make a power fantasy out of a swimmer lol, might as well go the opposite direction.

Eh, stud city is your personal taste. I don't see the male sexualization in the cast (or in the cast in general) that I do in some of Kinu Nishimura's work though. And it's not like you can make a power fantasy out of a swimmer lol, might as well go the opposite direction.
Have you played the Japanese version of the first game? The sim mode has all the characters in bathing suits and the guys are no slouches.

Edayan draws incredibly handsome men. Batsu, Kyosuke, Hayato*, Roy, Boman, Roberto, Nagare, Daigo, Hyo. Even Shoma and Edge have their moments. (*Edayan didn't initially design Hayato, but has done plenty of artwork of him since.)

I'm actually surprised to hear anyone say that. You're the first person I think I've ever spoken to about RS designs that doesn't think the male cast is filled with good looking dudes.

jerry1594

Have you played the Japanese version of the first game? The sim mode has all the characters in bathing suits and the guys are no slouches.

Edayan draws incredibly handsome men. Batsu, Kyosuke, Hayato*, Roy, Boman, Roberto, Nagare, Daigo, Hyo. Even Shoma and Edge have their moments. (*Edayan didn't initially design Hayato, but has done plenty of artwork of him since.)

I'm actually surprised to hear anyone say that. You're the first person I think I've ever spoken to about RS designs that doesn't think the male cast is filled with good looking dudes.
I haven't played the sim. I'm not saying they aren't good looking (though really I don't look at their looks much) but they don't look particularly sexualized to me. Though i have the sim and will take a look once i feel like navigating the menus.

I haven't played the sim. I'm not saying they aren't good looking (though really I don't look at their looks much) but they don't look particularly sexualized to me. Though i have the sim and will take a look once i feel like navigating the menus.
I generally don't think the RS men are overtly sexualized either, beyond a few instances here and there. (Nagare the most, simply due to his attire. The rest of instances occur mainly in the sim mode.) I mentioned Edayan because I think his style could easily go in that direction.

I do think the RS series has a very high percentage of attractive male characters though, something that is not as common in fighting games. Out of the whole male cast, only 3 dudes would be considered "weird" or generally unappealing. (Gan, Raizo and Hideo) And even Hideo isn't really that unattractive, he just is more decidedly "average", which is part of his persona. Gan and Raizo are filling the "giant" character roles, which are standard fighting game staples. (And I'm sure they too have their admirers.)

Everyone else is rather cute (Shoma & Edge) or handsome. (The rest.) It's definitely not the norm to have such a high ratio of male characters be intentionally designed to attractive.

Golnei

It doesn't seem like it'd be the most obvious collaboration for them to do; but if Game Freak could commission multiple pieces from Junji Ito of all people without hurting their image, working with bara artists shouldn't be much of a conceptual leap from what Capcom's already doing, especially if they want to continue to monetise the overwhelmingly favourable response this has gotten.

I'm assuming the initiative would also involve Tagame writing the next game's script?

Gbraga

The funny thing about Geralt is that I'm playing the game, and everyone is saying how much of a freak he is, he's an ugly deformed monster, and I'm thinking "wtf, dude's hot as fuck".

They're just jealous, let me tell you, the ladies are all over him, after all.

It doesn't seem like it'd be the most obvious collaboration for them to do; but if Game Freak could commission multiple pieces from Junji Ito of all people without hurting their image, working with bara artists shouldn't be much of a conceptual leap from what Capcom's already doing, especially if they want to continue to monetise the overwhelmingly favourable response this has gotten.

I'm assuming the initiative would also involve Tagame writing the next game's script?
Yeah, it would be a great idea I think. Japanese companies actually work with artists you make adult material a lot, so I doubt there would be any fuss. If they do it though, they gotta go all out. Don't skimp out on the... Skimpiness.

As for a script by Tagame? Maybe if they were making a homoerotic Resident Evil game. (Oh wait, we already have RE6.) Though he does family friendly stuff too now. It's always interesting to see creators that can produce such extremes.

Top Bottom