• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Raymond Envolope on the Game Awards was incorrectly printed

NewDust

People still going on about the Hayter/Sutherland thing? Yes perhaps it was a (tiny) bit mean... But lets be honest, for most of us Hayter IS the voice of Snake. I mean, how many lines does Kiefer have in GZ and TPP. Admit it, it was true and funny, and it wasn't even at the expense of Kiefer, she didn't say anything damning about his performance

All those keyboard warriors out there saying she was obviously intoxicated (by either alcohol/drugs). All I could see is that she was nervous and had difficulty reading from the teleprompter(did she ever do teleprompt before). Even if she was, what's to it... Nobody said anything about JV being coked up (jk, I know that is his m.o.). Should she have declined presenting the award? Perhaps. All I can tell from my own experience, is that you can think you have everythung under control, and at the last moment can feel the confidence leaving your body. Perhaps there was a reason she was under influence, if she even was.

For me it was clear the envelope was wrong. She calls her name, and questionly names TW3, repeating with more confidence a second time, because it clearly said it on the card.

Yes I know the above is full of assumptions... Just like your assumptions. It's always easier to point the finger or laugh at someone.

Edit: I don't meant this to be a Jade Raymond defence force, I know it looks that way... It's just bad luck that there were 3 different things going wrong with her part of the show. It's not like other parts were flawless. She had bad luck and gets thrown under the bus "Konami Style" because it all happend to her.

If people still think it reads otherwise, the mods probably should give me the Jade Raymond Defence Force title for the coming month

ScribbleD

"However, she was still three sheets to the wind

tumblr_inline_mi32zuHWHh1qz4rgp.gif

and we take no responsibility for that Keifer abuse. "

Head.spawn

She left herself down with that Kiefer snide remark. Totally unprofessional. As a prominent women in such a male dominated environment she's seen as an example for many young girls. She has a responsibility to not sink to that level of name calling.

Lol, it's not really that serious at all. Jade has put in her time in the industry and really has nothing to prove, her career speaks for itself.

Anyways, all will be forgiven when the new star wars game comes out and delivers as it should.

She left herself down with that Kiefer snide remark. Totally unprofessional. As a prominent women in such a male dominated environment she's seen as an example for many young girls. She has a responsibility to not sink to that level of name calling.

She is an individual and doesn't have to represent an entire gender in an industry Women should be able to make mistakes without it casting a negative light on all of them. I don't know why you feel she has to serve as an example.

0racle

Agreed, anyone in the industry does considering the downright bullying the videogame culture is known for.

Toparaman

Banned

What name calling?

Mory Dunz

but did she shoot herself in the foot?

ZangBa

I wonder what Hayter had to say, if he said anything at all. Jade was the highlight, alongside Geoff throwing Konami under the bus.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

honor and shame are huge parts of it

is it my headphones or does the auto cut in and out all the time in that video?

Yeah, that was annoying. I thought the video kept buffering or it was my wi-fi or something.

I guess I've never heard Jade Raymond speak before because her voice sounded a lot younger than I expected. It kind of surprised me.

I hope you're not serious.

To the people saying getting roasted is normal award show behavior.

Name one other person who was on the receiving end of a negative joke during the entire show.

You can't, because Kiefer was the only one.

That's why it's fucked up.

If mean jokes were flying around all night I wouldn't even care.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Jade Raymond was awesome last night. I figured this was the case, but even still, how can anyone not love "Hi... ... ... .. ;)" I don't know what was going on there but it was golden.

Head.spawn

To the people saying getting roasted is normal award show behavior.

Name one other person who was on the receiving end of a negative joke during the entire show.

You can't, because Kiefer was the only one.

That's why it's fucked up.

If mean jokes were flying around all night I wouldn't even care.

"...It's fucked up"

Tears2.gif

kyser73

castingaline.jpg

that'sbait.gif

Jade Raymond was awesome last night. I figured this was the case, but even still, how can anyone not love "Hi... ... ... .. ;)" I don't know what was going on there but it was golden.

Agreed, and she looked stunning, I don't know why people are picking up on the mistake.

Freeman

Banned
"And the winner of Game of the Year is...

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Wild Hunt"

Maybe they printed the right game but the wrong actor\actress?

Anyway, I liked Jade's MGS joke, it took courage(or alcohol) to pull that off.

sjay1994

-The Hayter joke was funny, and its not some ruthless "shots fired"... she literally apologizes 2 seconds later saying "sorry, that was mean". I mean comparing Hayters voice post MGS4 and Keifers, I prefer Keifer, but I still found the joke funny.

-She voices her confusion after she reads the envelope. This isn't her being slammed, or some cosmic backlash because she "trolled some star wars announcement"

-"She is a bad example for young girls who want to get into game dev". I hope this is some honor and shame level satire, because I honestly can't if serious.

Murkas

"...It's fucked up"

Tears2.gif

>get job as voice actor for long standing video game series
>try my best because I'm replacing beloved person with die hard fans
>I am so nervous, yet I keep trying
>the fans seem to enjoy it
>I am so happy
>get invited to video game awards
>everyone is so nice to me, I can't stop smiling
>thinking of going into gaming industry and doing more roles
>jade comes onto the stage
>bullies me
>the crowd erupts in laughter
>keep my smile so they think I'm not hurting
>really want to run home and cry

I'm amazed how many people still don't understand the Hayter thing was a scripted joke. I thought the Oscars was like the highest rated TV show other than the Super Bowl. That was a textbook award show gag.

sjay1994

>get job as voice actor for long standing video game series
>try my best because I'm replacing beloved person with die hard fans
>I am so nervous, yet I keep trying
>the fans seem to enjoy it
>I am so happy
>get invited to video game awards
>everyone is so nice to me, I can't stop smiling
>thinking of going into gaming industry and doing more roles
>jade comes onto the stage
>bullies me
>the crowd erupts in laughter
>keep my smile so they think I'm not hurting
>really want to run home and cry

10/10

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Man, people need to chill out with this.

-The Hayter joke was funny, and its not some ruthless "shots fired"... she literally apologizes 2 seconds later saying "sorry, that was mean". I mean comparing Hayters voice post MGS4 and Keifers, I prefer Keifer, but I still found the joke funny.

-She voices her confusion after she reads the envelope. This isn't her being slammed, or some cosmic backlash because she "trolled some star wars announcement"

-"She is a bad example for young girls who want to get into game dev". I hope this is some honor and shame level satire, because I honestly can't if serious.
It's insane how far behind the gaming audience is compared to the movie audience. Prominent people have fun and it's somehow shameful or unprofessional, at a video games award show. The hilarious part is that these dudes are 100x more offended than Kiefer, who has probably already forgotten.

I'm amazed how many people still don't understand the Hayter thing was a scripted joke. I thought the Oscars was like the highest rated TV show other than the Super Bowl. That was a textbook award show gag.

If it was scripted, I would say it was an even worse offense and in bad taste. There is a way to remember Hayter without offending one of the nominees.

A lot of people here don't do anything except play video games and argue about video games on the internet.

Who cares if she was drunk? Are the VGA some holy award show that can't be desecrated by blunders or what.

Would that even be an issue if it were a man instead? And burns come on watch the emmys once.

I mean, people are just saying. She seemed like she was drunk. But apparently pointing out the obvious makes you a bad person, lest you first clarify in bold and italics that you don't care either way.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I don't know, I think it is kind of a good rule of thumb to be mostly sober at a award ceremony.

It is a professional event.
What award ceremonies have you actually gone to?

If it was scripted, I would say it was an even worse offense and in bad taste. There is a way to remember Hayter without offending the fans of the nominees while making a lighthearted joke about a nominee.
Ftfy

Top Bottom