• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Raymond Envolope on the Game Awards was incorrectly printed

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Imagine if they had to yank the award away from her on stage, live. I can't see that happening.

I think that someone from the show staff gave her a signal to go. There's a delay between everyone acting surprised and Viva walking to the stage.

It wouldbe really comical if she gave an acceptance speech and a day later someone says that she wasn't the real winner.

yeah, I mean I am more leaning to her being drunk.. but the things people were actually annoyed about (Hayter and Witcher 3) were clearly on the writers/producers.. not her.

and the Hayter thing I don't get... people rib at awards shows all the time.. Sutherland's an acclaimed TV and movie star of some classic titles from both industries.. do you really think he cares that he catches a little shit at an award show all in good fun?

Witcher 3 thing seemed pretty obvious to be a production problem. And agreed on the Hayter joke, plus it was an actual relevant joke at a show about video games instead of a fart joke or a "that's what she said" or something else assuming everyone watching is 14, we should be so lucky as to get more of that, imo

Ufbr5ej.gif

he reads anything on the teleprompter. Anything

Demption

What, did someone believe she said The Witcher because she had heard it before? Of course the paper was misprinted.

blakep267

For some reason I'm just coming to the realization that this Jade Raymond is the same person who used to be on Electric Playgroubd years ago during the early G4 days

onQ123

I am shocked. Because perfectly reasonable and decent people on this board were positive she was an incompetent, intoxicated, [insert misogynistic noun here].

I thought this would have been MORE THAN obvious last night.....

because for the first 12 hours they assumed people would resort to some sort of common sense. obviously they assumed wrong.

No something was going on with her from the second she stepped on stage look at her face.

People think she was drunk because she made a quick joke (and then said it was mean and apologized, by the way) and then read a card incorrectly printed? She knew something was wrong there. Come on, people.

I'm glad I didn't visit that thread yesterday.

Why was she acting so weird before she ever even looked at or opened the envelope???
Have you ever been around a drunk person ever?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Who cares if she was drunk? What relevance does that really have to the misprinted card and the scripted joke?

Who cares if she was drunk?

I don't think anyone thinks she will burn in hell for being blitzed at an awards ceremony but it's an observation and a pretty obvious one.

People notice things and make light of them.

It's not a huge deal even though she was awkward.

People at the Emmy's are often smashed too and people make light of it.

- Hayter joke was funny.
- It was immediately apparent that there was a misprint on the card.
- She had some drinks, or she didn't. I don't see what the big deal is.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't know, I think it is kind of a good rule of thumb to be mostly sober at a award ceremony.

It is a professional event.

She wasn't belligerent or inappropriate in any way. If she was drunk, it didn't affect the awards ceremony in any way whatsoever.

And the awards ceremony is also a social and networking event.

BibiMaghoo

She looks nervous, not drunk. I would be in the same position. The mistake on the card was pretty awful, but not her fault at all. The Hayter thing was clearly a joke, she even said sorry after it.

Top Bottom