• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

I'm behind...
Is Square-Enix having their own E3 thing? I know they aren't having a conference, but are they having a smaller press event or anything?

I also know there's supposed to be a ATR. Did that already happen?

CNCOMICS

We don't need any of you, immigrants, jumping around, playing war hero.
Left me in giggles, because of how some people still view Japanese game protagonists.

This looks pretty cool. Is there a known date for the Blu Ray release, yet? I could only find out that was that it'll come out before XV.

Soooooooooooooo is this FF7 canon? If that was truly the Diamond Weapon?

Edit: seeing the title. Obviously FFXV, but I didn't know it said in the rules that the Weapons was usable in other FFs

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry

Edit: seeing the title. Obviously FFXV, but I didn't know it said in the rules that the Weapons was usable in other FFs

Omega Weapon appeared in games prior to and post 7 ( but not 7). Ultima weapon has also been in multiple games.

Diamond/Ruby/Emerald weapons have only been in 7 as far as I recall but I wouldn't read anything into them should they appear in other games in the series.

The concept of "Weapons" predates FFVII. FFVII only focused on them as a plot point relevant to the story.

Ruff

The concept of "Weapons" predates FFVII. FFVII only focused on them as a plot point relevant to the story.

Yeah quite a few WEAPONs have appeared in multiple FF games. like Omega and Ultima. First time I'm seeing any FF7 WEAPON designs make a reappearance though. I'm just chalking it up to fanservice and not a link between the two canons.

New Kingsglaive character names and Japanese VAs posted on Twitter. via @RedMakuzawa

Ck_QTsFUUAATp5N.jpg:large

Apparently Yuichi Nakamura voiced the hooded guy in the 2013 trailer. Luna has a brother?

Clarus Amicitia shares the same last name as Gladiolus.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
final fantasy within almost destroyed Square. Why would they try again?

Was advent children a big success?

Go_Ly_Dow

final fantasy within almost destroyed Square. Why would they try again?

Was advent children a big success?

It appears AC was a great success for them. (although I lack budget/sales figures for the movie releases)

S-E's capability and competency to produce a CGI movie is a lot better now than it was back in the year 2000.

Back then it was a massive undertaking in to the unknown. Now visual works (there internal CGI studio) whip up high quality CGI for fun these days... even for mobile games.

S-E's capability and competency to produce a CGI movie is a lot better now than it was back in the year 2000.

Back then it was a massive undertaking in to the unknown. Now visual works (there internal CGI studio) whip up high quality CGI for fun these days... even for mobile games.

Exactly. Square essentially built an entire animation studio from scratch, complete with a state-of-the-art rendering farm, in late 1998 primarily to make 1 product, The Spirits Within. That was presumably the reason why the overall budget was astronomical. (Yes, they also contributed to FFIX and Animatrix.)

Whereas Visual Works has been a continuous "well oiled machine" of a department for many years going from project to project as needed, even doing some Western SE titles. And operated as a department rather than a separate entity. Big difference in how things are operated from an organizational point of view.

New Kingsglaive character names and Japanese VAs posted on Twitter. via @RedMakuzawa

Ck_QTsFUUAATp5N.jpg:large

Apparently Yuichi Nakamura voiced the hooded guy in the 2013 trailer. Luna has a brother?

Clarus Amicitia shares the same last name as Gladiolus.

This is an interesting nugget of info. So yeah, it would seem that Ravus is the hooded man, and that he is related (brother?) to Luna (as some have guessed in the past, meaning that wolf-crest is indeed the Tenebrae crest).

And yeah, given the Amicitia family's closeness to the royal family, I was willing to bet Gladio's dad was going to appear in this. He's one of the four "heroes" of Regis's generation, after all. And I still think THIS is Gladio's dad(well, an older version of him):

Both have the same eye color, and while many think it's Regis's brother, both Regis and Noctis have blue eyes.

3phemeral

The phoneme animations and voice acting were all over the place. You have this really exaggerated vocal from the introductory character paired with subdued character animation that just didn't match. Lots of awkward character moments where the head seems disconnected from the body. No doubt the rendering is beautiful, especially when the characters are motionless but can't say I'm looking forward to this. Dialogue also seems pretty cut-and-paste.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Stunning.

Lip sync is all over the place, though. Did they plaster english VA on the JP lip-sync?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Stunning.

Lip sync is all over the place, though. Did they plaster english VA on the JP lip-sync?
I was just about to ask if they were going to use this lip synching for the JP VAs because it looked so on point with the English VAs... lol

Pagusas

Elden Member
Looks stunning... but my word is that dialoge horrible, not just the voice acting (thats bad enough) but just the lines! What a poorly edited trailer. Comes off like a bad B-movie (audio wise). Such a weird casim between the visual and audio quality.

They managed to get me more excited for this effin' movie than the game itself. Looks a lot more like the old Versus XIII vibe than the last trailers for the game.

Teknoman

This actually looks like it would have been an excellent entry as a main series FF game.

Ultima and Omega weapon are in the majority of FF games.

The phoneme animations and voice acting were all over the place. You have this really exaggerated vocal from the introductory character paired with subdued character animation that just didn't match. Lots of awkward character moments where the head seems disconnected from the body. No doubt the rendering is beautiful, especially when the characters are motionless but can't say I'm looking forward to this. Dialogue also seems pretty cut-and-paste.

Bugs me that this company has minimal regard for voice direction and sound engineering. They nail the visuals, but when the characters start talking the magic is gone.
Any sound engineer in the forum that can shed some light on what they're getting wrong in the studio?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lunafreya looks so good. I just love how her face is so distinctive and unconventionally (for Japan) attractive.

That re-design.... He looks nothing like gladio. The E3 2013 version is superior.
I'm guessing, if he appears in the game, he'll look slightly different.

Though, it doesn't erase the face that he was the guy on the far right in his younger days:
FFXV-ATR-Captures_09-19-15_003.jpg

Looking at his original design...
LfsB8d6.png

Maybe shave his head and his facial hair and he'd kinda look like how he does now(well, tweak his face a bit given how different the Kingsglaive models look compared to the game).

Liquid_015

Gold Member
I'm guessing, if he appears in the game, he'll look slightly different.

Though, it doesn't erase the face that he was the guy on the far right in his younger days:
FFXV-ATR-Captures_09-19-15_003.jpg

Looking at his original design...
LfsB8d6.png

Maybe shave his head and his facial hair and he'd kinda look like how he does now(well, tweak his face a bit given how different the Kingsglaive models look compared to the game).

I suppose that's true but the 2013 just looks much sharper and someone with charisma. Meanwhile the kingsglaive model looks well... Boring. ( I understand the models between the film and game is different) I'm still bitter that even Gladio's father's design got changed.

I suppose that's true but the 2013 just looks much sharper and someone with charisma. Meanwhile the kingsglaive model looks well... Boring. ( I understand the models between the film and game is different) I'm still bitter that even Gladio's father's design got changed.

They changed the whole mafia thing, so now where as they were all decked out in chic suits, they are all seemingly decked out in more traditional "royal" robes and armor.

Still, I agree with is general look. I liked how his face and hair looked. My guess is that they changed his looks because they changed Regis, who basically got a more fuller beard and longer hair, hence they had to go with a drastic look to make him stand out:

Meh, if that was the case, they should've just made Clarus look like OLD Regis. LOL! That, or keep his long hair and give him a bitchin' ponytail. We need more male FF characters with badass ponytails.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
They changed the whole mafia thing, so now where as they were all decked out in chic suits, they are all seemingly decked out in more traditional "royal" robes and armor.

Still, I agree with is general look. I liked how his face and hair looked. My guess is that they changed his looks because they changed Regis, who basically got a more fuller beard and longer hair, hence they had to go with a drastic look to make him stand out:

Meh, if that was the case, they should've just made Clarus look like OLD Regis. LOL! That, or keep his long hair and give him a bitchin' ponytail. We need more male FF characters with badass ponytails.

Yeah they definitely changed the mafia theme (which to me stood out more compared to the GoT look of armor and classic robes). I understand the design team had to stay consistent with the overall look of King Regis and his team but that wasn't until post 2013 when versus was rebranded as XV. It's honestly off-putting because the one thing that made XV interesting was the design of Lucis, it's people, and environment. In short, it's fucking bullshit.

Top Bottom