• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

Also:

Japanese fans recently saw an early screening. Impressions are positive.

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/1964/kingsglaive-impressions#latest

https://twitter.com/r_kane1/with_replies

1st 2 min. of the film already made people cry.

The music during the ending credits is spectacular, and once you're immersed, a surprise lies at the end. Something that'll make you stay!

The identity of the specters in the Dawn trailer will be revealed.

Very emotional film, get tissues.

Key phrase for KINGSGLAIVE is "everything for the future king." Keep this in mind when watching the film!

Luna in the EN version gives more of a grown-up feel than the JP one.
The identities of the towering figures become clear in the film.

Some things coming out of the Kingsglaive advanced screening:

Those who finished Episode Duscae will know about the movie's ending.
The golden accessory on Regis's head is the royal crown (Nozue)

The identity of the all-armored character turns out to be kind of a surprise.

The Audi we thought is a car for official use actually belongs to someone.
Monster FFVII International makes surprising appearance.

Emerald Weapon confirmed

Ydelnae

So the movie ends with
wounded Luna walking away from Imsomnia while the authorities confirms her death and the defeat of King Regis

I mean, I'm sure it will be touching and a very powerful scene and I would love that ending, but I don't know why would they include concept art from that in Duscae.

Samimista

So the movie ends with
wounded Luna walking away from Imsomnia while the authorities confirms her death and the defeat of King Regis

I mean, I'm sure it will be touching and a very powerful scene and I would love that ending, but I don't know why would they include concept art from that in Duscae.

What I'd like to know is . . .
Will Luna be wearing a different dress at the end? The concept art from Duscae showed her in a blue dress with beige heels, which is different from her Kingsglaive outfit. I know it's silly, but I just wonder why she'd have to change dresses to begin with.

wmlk

Will Luna be wearing a different dress at the end? The concept art from Duscae showed her in a blue dress with beige heels, which is different from her Kingsglaive outfit. I know it's silly, but I just wonder why she'd have to change dresses to begin with.

By the end it's all torn up and she's hurt, so she probably can't be wearing that.

We don't know if the wedding is still planned or not after the invasion, if it is, she would wear something fitting the occasion.

Ydelnae

It could be that that piece of art was done before the final design for Luna was decided. Considering how many times they changed her appearance, it could be a concept art from where she was still Stella and Kingsglaive was in pre-production.

If that dress has an actual meaning, I would love if Luna decided to change her outfit for something more suited to battle and showed her magic skills in the movie... and they recreated that scene from the Versus trailers just for cinematic pleasure.

Samimista

By the end it's all torn up and she's hurt, so she probably can't be wearing that.

We don't know if the wedding is still planned or not after the invasion, if it is, she would wear something fitting the occasion.

That's true.

It's ashame if her Kingsglaive dress does get ruined, though. It would've been more fitting to wear at a wedding than the blue dress, in my opinion.

It could be that that piece of art was done before the final design for Luna was decided. Considering how many times they changed her appearance, it could be a concept art from where she was still Stella and Kingsglaive was in pre-production.

If that dress has an actual meaning, I would love if Luna decided to change her outfit for something more suited to battle and showed her magic skills in the movie... and they recreated that scene from the Versus trailers just for cinematic pleasure.

That makes sense. WMLK's reasoning does as well, but I'm just a fashionista, so I tend to nitpick when it comes to clothes, lol.

As for the Versus XIII party scene, I'm glad they recreated it for the movie. It looks stunning judging from the screenshots.

Ydelnae

Alleged spoilers from someone who watched the movie posted in 4chan, in some people believed the other rumors and thought they were worth to comment I think there's no harm in discussing these aswell, even though they are likely fake

http://i.imgur.com/9BDsMVz.png (warning, possible spoilers)

Jeels

I'd like to know what the folks that previewed it thought of Advent Children.

That would help put some context into their opinions...

wmlk

Any diehard can put together a story that makes sense for Kingsglaive. That's the great thing right now, you can't tell what's real and what's not because you can make something up and it would still sound real.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
New Kingsglaive art (thanks to @Nova_Crystallis):
CmM4WiiUcAEAsAI.jpg

Is it just me or.....
Luna's shadow depicts her with her dress in tatters and her hair disheveled, like in the Duscae art.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
How do we know Japanese ones are real? We won't know for sure until we get video.

They sound more plausible than this 4chan guy who claims you can't use guns and stuff in the game... which we already know isn't true.

wmlk

They sound more plausible than this 4chan guy who claims you can't use guns and stuff in the game... which we already know isn't true.

True. I'm just thinking that any person who's followed the game very closely can make a plot synopsis that sounds like it could be real, and there could be multiple ones floating around and they would all sound plausible. It almost makes this un-spoilerable until I see the actual thing.

I must say those 4chan spoilers are certainly great even if they are false in the end lol

Actually all that talk about
Regis and a pact with the Gods, the plague/Ravus pretty much explains E3 2013 and Dawn trailers. Even Cor's brother is there. The whole story is so good and makes too much sense after reading those "leaks" lol

Ydelnae

Okay, I've read two different sets of spoilers and they both make sense and sound good. The bit about the june build of FFXV not including any gun/crossbow gameplay while we saw it at E3 and recent screenshots is a bit shady but the movie description on those 4chan details didn't sound bad.

Anyway, this just shows how little we know about the actual story. I remember feeling the same way before MGSV released lol

Koozek

@RedMakuzawa:
Kingsglaive: FFXV production began in Summer 2015. 49 companies globally helped to get it out on time. (@alexfkraus)​

3 years in development includes the script, all the discussions and then actually produce Kingsglaive: FFXV.​

Philippo

So if i read this right there are 2 sets of spoilers for the movie, both sound good, but one of the two kinda validates the spoilers about the game from a few weeks ago?

Ydelnae

So if i read this right there are 2 sets of spoilers for the movie, both sound good, but one of the two kinda validates the spoilers about the game from a few weeks ago?
I think none of them validate the spoilers about the game (if by two sets of spoilers you mean the one in which
Crowe dies at the beginning
and the one in which
Crowe makes it out alive and creates a rebellion type of group
). One of the leakers specially said that the spoilers about the game that "leaked" weeks ago weren't all true, most of the details were fake.

Philippo

I think none of them validate the spoilers about the game (if by two sets of spoilers you mean the one in which
Crowe dies at the beginning
and the one in which
Crowe makes it out alive and creates a rebellion type of group
). One of the leakers specially said that the spoilers about the game that "leaked" weeks ago weren't all true, most of the details were fake.

Oh ok.
It's so hard to get a grasp of the things when there are so many black bars you can't open lol

Go_Ly_Dow

When is this officially releasing digitally and how can we actually access it? Will the digital release be after the theatrical release and before the BR release? How about territories?

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but I feel Square have been quite confusing/unclear with regards to the logistics of this movie.

Ydelnae

When is this officially releasing digitally and how can we actually access it? Will the digital release be after the theatrical release and before the BR release? How about territories?

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but I feel Square have been quite confusing/unclear with regards to the logistics of this movie.

They've been unclear. They said the movie will available for download and stream worldwide before the game releases, but they haven't given a date yet. It's specially worrying for territories like Europe, we don't even have a theatre premiere so the only chance of seeing the movie before playing the game is to do it digitally.

Hmmm if I cancel the deluxe edition I miss out on my suit noctis,and leviathan car skin And the steel case...

Why u doing this to me square sell it separate
only the ultimate collector edition brings the anime, yet the asking price is a rip off since you don't get every single dlc weapon, skins or even the GameStop collectors edition game. I do hope every single piece of dlc eventually goes up on psn.

Yeah, my understanding was that the movie was going to be available in Japan theaters and streaming for the rest of the world. But now it's like some limited showings in some parts of the world and if you don't get to see it.. Well you gotta wait until sept when the game releases.

only the ultimate collector edition brings the anime, yet the asking price is a rip off since you don't get every single dlc weapon, skins or even the GameStop collectors edition game. I do hope every single piece of dlc eventually goes up on psn.

Yeah, my understanding was that the movie was going to be available in Japan theaters and streaming for the rest of the world. But now it's like some limited showings in some parts of the world and if you don't get to see it.. Well you gotta wait until sept when the game releases.
Yea I think I'll stick with the deluxe edition+the Guide book and hope and pray the anime with the rest of the dlc is sold

Asd202

Truth to be told it will be all over the internet when Japanese digital or whatever release happens. Don't think we got official word on it though I'm hopeful we'll get something next week from Japan Expo in France. SE is bringing a lot of focus on Kingsglaive movie even Nozue will be there. Also Tabata confirmed he will not be there so the focus will definitely be on the movie not the game.

Yeah this is where he lost me, too, though I was already suspicious at the whole "and I also played the game guys" thing. It's too bad, the fake spoilers sounded pretty damn good. Probably just too good to be true.

Top Bottom