• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV- Official E3 Trailer

I'm guessing, if he appears in the game, he'll look slightly different.

Though, it doesn't erase the face that he was the guy on the far right in his younger days:
FFXV-ATR-Captures_09-19-15_003.jpg

Looking at his original design...
LfsB8d6.png

Maybe shave his head and his facial hair and he'd kinda look like how he does now(well, tweak his face a bit given how different the Kingsglaive models look compared to the game).

Glad dad, what happened to your flowing locks and tai chai stylings?

Old age... lol, really I don't know. I'm more interested in why Cid is hanging with them. Given Cidney being around Noctis and crew's age(at least she's their peer), she's Cid's granddaughter. Cid has a daughter(or I assume given Cidney and Cid have different surnames), which would likely mean Cid's daughter would be more around the age of Regis and his peers. Cid's a generation older. Maybe he was the Cor of young Regis's group.

Speaking of Cor, I noted that not-Cor of the 2013 trailer was likely an older version of Drautos. Given all these "relations" that seem to be significant(father and son, sister and brother, if Ravus is indeed Luna's brother), anybody willing to bet the reason they didn't reveal Drautos's surname is because it's Leonis? I wouldn't be surprised.

Clarus looks like he's from a generic science fiction movie.

I thought he was some kind of priest or royal advisor.

MilkBeard

Bugs me that this company has minimal regard for voice direction and sound engineering. They nail the visuals, but when the characters start talking the magic is gone.
Any sound engineer in the forum that can shed some light on what they're getting wrong in the studio?

Based on my listen, it feels like they mixed the audio specifically for this trailer. I don't think the actual movie will have this same quality of mix.

At least, I would hope not. The voices sound overly sharp, and they aren't properly mixed to feel as though they are happening in the space (lacking things like reverb to help blend). Also, the balance of the mix for background effects and music seems off.

I would count on it sounding better for the final movie. (at least, I hope). It depends on how much of the budget they allocate to the actual mixing and mastering of the sound. You would think they would not neglect this because of the high profile actors they have in the cast.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I still think OG Regis and Glad dad are going to be used in flashbacks, or still be in the game somehow

Desi

Yeah I think having two old men with long beautiful hair would've been too homogeneous and wouldn't make Regis unique

What I was thinking. This would also have Gladio and his father looking way too similar to each other like some creepy George Bush family picture.

Cool. I just really hope they can create a decent narrative and dialogue, as the visuals and action look incredible. I mean, this is the kind of beauty I like to see in visual form.

galvenize

This is the kind of story were you'll love each member of the Glaive for their coolness only to see them killed off one by one leaving only Nyx.

Ketaya

I'm more interested in why Cid is hanging with them. Given Cidney being around Noctis and crew's age(at least she's their peer), she's Cid's granddaughter. Cid has a daughter(or I assume given Cidney and Cid have different surnames), which would likely mean Cid's daughter would be more around the age of Regis and his peers. Cid's a generation older. Maybe he was the Cor of young Regis's group.

Yeah, was wondering same thing -- and where are Cidney's parents? Maybe they're accountants, and frown on Cid and Cidney's vocation.

I think Duscae is a bit further away, that's probably just outside the city walls where it's all grand canyon type terrain :p

Yes, I think that's right.

Duscae basically looks like a less arid version of Lucis, which is actually cool given that the two lands are adjacent. I like that there could be a natural and sensible organization to how the biomes are placed in the world.

Samimista

Official soundtrack site is open, with samples. Soundtrack releases Sept 7th.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/kingsglaive/

Too bad it looks like they programmed it so that you can't listen if the browser tab is in the background

I was hoping they would've released a sample of the song that plays in the background when Luna and Regis are talking. I keep replaying one of the trailers just to listen to it . . . <3

Socivol

He's still in the game as head of the Niflheim military.

FFXV-ATR_01-30-16_002.jpg

The image that was included of him wasn't actually in-game it was just concept art and the wording of that presentation was that that was the leadership at the beginning of the game. So I wouldn't be surprised if he is isn't in the game.

benzy

We still don't know any governor or captain. I have the feeling we still don't know half of the characters in the game.

Yeah. We do know Aranea is one of the captains at least. Wonder if there's really 10 captains and governers like the diagram depicts.

Yeah. We do know Aranea is one of the captains at least. Wonder if there's really 10 captains and governers like the diagram depicts.

I'm pretty sure we'll find out about more of the characters in the game. FFXII had a LOT of characters in the enemy side and they were at least present in some of the scenes(like the Imperial Senate and Chairman Gregoroth). FFXII might not have been the best FF, but all the characters introduced, as large a role or small a role, I KNEW who they were and their stance in the game's conflict.

I'm pretty sure we'll find out about more of the characters in the game. FFXII had a LOT of characters in the enemy side and they were at least present in some of the scenes(like the Imperial Senate and Chairman Gregoroth). FFXII might not have been the best FF, but all the characters introduced, as large a role or small a role, I KNEW who they were and their stance in the game's conflict.
If we have anything similar to judges in this game then I am fucked. This will top XII for best FF IMO, I loved the hierarchy and internal judge struggle

Koozek

Also:
Japanese fans recently saw an early screening. Impressions are positive.

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/1964/kingsglaive-impressions#latest

https://twitter.com/r_kane1/with_replies

1st 2 min. of the film already made people cry.

The music during the ending credits is spectacular, and once you're immersed, a surprise lies at the end. Something that'll make you stay!

The identity of the specters in the Dawn trailer will be revealed.

Very emotional film, get tissues.

Key phrase for KINGSGLAIVE is "everything for the future king." Keep this in mind when watching the film!

Luna in the EN version gives more of a grown-up feel than the JP one.
The identities of the towering figures become clear in the film.

Some things coming out of the Kingsglaive advanced screening:

Those who finished Episode Duscae will know about the movie's ending.
The golden accessory on Regis's head is the royal crown (Nozue)

The identity of the all-armored character turns out to be kind of a surprise.

The Audi we thought is a car for official use actually belongs to someone.
Monster FFVII International makes surprising appearance.​

I'm so in love with Luna's design.

I don't like Game Luna's face anymore since we've known Kingsglaive :(

Samimista

I don't like Game Luna's face anymore since we've known Kingsglaive :(

Same here. I feel like in-game Luna looks too perfect and doll-like whereas Kingsglaive Luna has her imperfections and looks more realistic, which I prefer.

Thanks, by the way for sharing the new information. I appreciate it. :)

Top Bottom