• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Living with my crush/best friend for the next 2 weeks

zgxRXWH.png

OP is missing the gigantic GAF schlong

Glass Rebel

From personal experience I can say that it could work but the entire part about your toxic friendship should give you enough reason not to try it. It's been 4 fucking years man.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Be a responsible adult, don't get drunk or "smash". Just go about your normal life. Or not if you want to entertain GAF with your misery.

JCtheMC

Now that you've made an idiotic choice despite knowing how idiotic it is, we require a constant stream of updates. The people that know how to avoid this type of misery deserve to reap the benefits.

HotHamBoy

This thread is like a day late you need to ask that shit before already being at her house bruh.

OP was never looking for advice about whether to do it or not, OP wants advice about what to do after he moves in because there is no stoppin this train we on.

Linkark07

Banned
How do people live like this?

I dated, had casual sex, fell in and out of love...dozens of times before I got married. I never ever thought of religion.

How do people live with this anchor around their necks?

Not married, but there was a girl I liked. I really wanted to date her, but she was (or is) a hardcore Christian, and I'm an atheist. Naturally, I knew there would be problems since she usually mentioned something like God or Jesus.

Never dater her in the end. Knew we would hate each other guts sooner or later.

ApharmdX

Banned
Man the fallout from this is going to be spectacular. We will need regular updates, of course.

You definitely should not have done this.

Raven117

Try and not be there much. Say you are busy with work...even if you aren't.

Be cool OP. Do NOT, I mean, do EFFING NOT talk about your feelings...talk about her feelings...talk about anything when you see her other than social niceities.

Lol at wanting to become "better friends". OP you know exactly what you want. This is probably going to end in one of two ways:

a. You pining for her the whole time and continuing to be friendzoned

b. Y'all fuck and then never speak again

Most likely going to be A since it's been 4 years.

Raven117

Awaiting the follow up thread to this where OP ignored everyone's advice the first time but continues to ask for help

Yup. I don't know why anyone even bothers asking for advice.

There is a general consensus due to the combined wisdom of folks, any OP ignores it, things blow up, comes back beetching.

Its like...Why man? Just do what you want anyway.

cr0w

Old Member
I fully support your decision because I can't wait to see the follow-up thread asking for legal advice.

HotHamBoy

Yup. I don't know why anyone even bothers asking for advice.

There is a general consensus due to the combined wisdom of folks, any OP ignores it, things blow up, comes back beetching.

Its like...Why man? Just do what you want anyway.

They are deluded but they need assurance.

mnannola

This is your one shot OP. If you are ever going to get with this girl, it better be within these 2 weeks. If you don't, you will be permanently frienzoned. Give it your best shot, go all out. Post frequent updates.

Ralemont

not me
Guys I'm not blind, I know it's a blatant friend zone and all. It's not a great situation to be in. But I'm seeking advice on how to make the situation better/not awkward because she really is doing me a huge favor here.

Keep physical distance whenever possible. Not saying you always need to be in separate rooms or anything, but like if you guys watch TV make sure you are at the other end of the couch/use the recliner chair.

Don't playfight

Think about how you act with your dude friends and act like that. Unless you and your dude friends give brojobs

nasax

I wish I could subscribe to threads created by certain poster instead of the thread itself. The fallout is going to be glorious.

GodofWine

Keep physical distance whenever possible. Not saying you always need to be in separate rooms or anything, but like if you guys watch TV make sure you are at the other end of the couch/use the recliner chair.

Don't playfight

Think about how you act with your dude friends and act like that. Unless you and your dude friends give brojobs

Yes, this is basically what I was going to say.

Go to work, come home, sit on couch and watch TV, go to bed, small talk and leave it at that. Don't "try to be better friends", just be whatever you are now. Its 2 weeks, not 5 years, you'll be in the house together a few hours a day at most. Make it a point to go out alone and eat a few nights.

JUST DON'T MAKE ANYTHING AWKWARD.

And I do find it absurd anyone would block anyone else out due to religious reasons. But I find religion to be like a fairy tale designed to divide people, and scare them.

OP says he is wants to be friends with the girl but titles the thread crush/best friend when they have had a toxic relationship.......

Thinking.emote

This will go interesting for this middle of August.

UCBooties

Guys I'm not blind, I know it's a blatant friend zone and all. It's not a great situation to be in. But I'm seeking advice on how to make the situation better/not awkward because she really is doing me a huge favor here.

To reiterate:

Don't just hang around waiting for things to get awkward. Be friendly, be a conscientious guest, and be as absent as possible. Get to know the area where you'll be working, go running, hiking whatever. If you don't want things to get weird and fucked up, don't give them the opportunity to get weird and fucked up.

So far everything is going well, really good vibes and based on texts she's excited to have me around. We're planning on working out everyday and go to a museum this weekend.

cwmartin

So far everything is going well, really good vibes and based on texts she's excited to have me around. We're planning on working out everyday and go to a museum this weekend.

thisisfine

Sounds like torture honestly. If you really like this girl and want to have a relationship with her, why put yourself through all this shit when you know its not possible? It's like ripping off your band aid really slowly, but then reapplying a little bit to rip it off more.

BTA

It sounds like you shouldn't even be talking to each other, let alone living together. Good luck.

jb1234

Well, the best thing you could do in this situation is keep your distance from her, spend as much time out of the house as possible.

.. but... er... huh.

Afrodium

Banned

Fuck it, that other thread's got me feeling some good vibes. Take her to a farmer's market.

TeegsD

Everythings fine. This is gonna be fine.

I wish you the best of luck. Worst case, its only a few weeks!

Top Bottom