• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Living with my crush/best friend for the next 2 weeks

AVclub

Or, you know, be an adult and say "I think we should spend less time together. It's not your fault or mine but it's too hard for me to keep up the charade that we can just be friends."

The idea that nobody is at fault is almost always false. Usually, someone is responsible but the lack of accountability or avoidance of conflict prevents that from coming to light. Being an adult involves taking responsibility and (if you can do that) allowing yourself to point the finger when someone else is responsible as well.

In this case, I think they are both at fault and it just shouldn't continue for their mutual benefit. However, since OP is putting himself in the situation anyway, I figure he could go for broke and maybe...just maybe...he might get some short term benefit out of it before it implodes.

Or maybe I am completely misreading the situation based solely on the info provided in the first post.

trembli0s

So far everything is going well, really good vibes and based on texts she's excited to have me around. We're planning on working out everyday and go to a museum this weekend.

So, so subbed to this. The sexual tension from working out together is palpable from the future, like heatwaves shimmering in the distance.

This thread is going to be glorious.

giphy.gif

lol OP is fooling no one

MechaX

You know what, I am betting that OP and this girl may very well fuck during this at least once.

However, the key is whether any resulting drama would have been worth it.

Let me be clear that my intention is to not get with her or anything these next 2 weeks.

I lied to myself like that before. Not even that long ago. BAM, ended up smashing.

Be careful and don't go falling in, OP.

thisisfine

Sounds like torture honestly. If you really like this girl and want to have a relationship with her, why put yourself through all this shit when you know its not possible? It's like ripping off your band aid really slowly, but then reapplying a little bit to rip it off more.

Doing all these things were her idea and I probably shouldn't say no especially if she's actually wanting to go to the museum and letting me stay at her house. I can probably skip a few of the workouts

LordKasual

Banned
Guys I'm not blind, I know it's a blatant friend zone and all. It's not a great situation to be in. But I'm seeking advice on how to make the situation better/not awkward because she really is doing me a huge favor here.

So far everything is going well, really good vibes and based on texts she's excited to have me around. We're planning on working out everyday and go to a museum this weekend.

Guys I'm not blind

you gonna try to smash or naw

bengraven

I was in this exact same situation once. Friend zoned hard. She admitted being attracted to me but I was mad in love with her.

That first night she said it was okay if I slept in her bed that night and we ended up making out.

Next night we were slapping skin and I was nutting in her.

LordKasual

Banned
I was in this exact same situation once. Friend zoned hard. She admitted being attracted to me but I was mad in love with her.

That first night she said it was okay if I slept in her bed that night and we ended up making out.

Next night we were slapping skin and I was nutting in her.

OPs situation is a bit different than the usual friendzone thread because they've actually already talked about their sexual feelings towards one another.

Them sending "drunk texts / snaps" to one another, her letting him sleep over, daily workouts with one another, this situation is probably going to end in fucking.

OP, don't fuck this up. I honestly don't think you can, but don't fuck this up

Zaphrynn

Doing all these things were her idea and I probably shouldn't say no especially if she's actually wanting to go to the museum and letting me stay at her house. I can probably skip a few of the workouts

This almost feels like a troll thread. It's hitting just about every beat for a thread backfire. Asks advice, ignores/doesn't wait for advice, and as people say you shouldn't spend time together, lo and behold you have group activities planned (one of which often involves spandex). There's so many bad choices going on that it feels a little too convenient.

If this isn't a troll thread, then holy shit OP. Are you ready to ruin this friendship? Because that's what's going to happen. Y'all can't even be regular, distant friends without shit-loads of drama. Somehow this will just work out when y'all are in each other's hair constantly? And I'm anticipating the "we drank some alcohol, and suddenly her hand is in my pants" update. Said night will start with both of you knowing you'll be alone together, and one of you getting alcohol but acting like it's just to "hang out".

Don't move in, OP. You can still leave. And if you stay there, then don't hang out with her. You're asking for problems.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Bring back another girl to the house and have sex with her (the other girl). Basically friendzone the shit out of your "best friend".

Yep, this is the best card he can play, But I got a feeling that if he is this desperate then neither there were no other girls in his life.

Bangs her BF and makes OP be the lookout for when the mom comes home.
Its funny because it's plausible and sad. lol

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man, I'm definitely subbing this thread to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

Unbounded

Honestly, it's a temporary cost saving situation so I say do it. That said, I think chances are extremely high that you guys do it at least once. From what you've explained about the relationship, I don't think that would change much of anything about the situation unless it makes you both realize you can get over the religious difference.

The chances are zero.

Beardz

Airbnb is not an option? a fucking hostel?!

---

"Guys, I'm going to put my hand inside this fucking oven that is burning. Do you have any suggestion on how to handle this peculiar situation?!"

"Don't fucking do it dude, don't!!!!"

"I just did it, I don't feel any pain yet... is ok I guess lol"

HotHamBoy

"Guys, I'm going to put my hand inside this fucking oven that is burning. Do you have any suggestion on how to handle this peculiar situation?!"

"Don't fucking do it dude, don't!!!!"

"I just did it, I don't feel any pain yet... is ok I guess lol"

Loooooool

Literally every relationship advice thread on GAF

This thread has me in tears for the rest of day.

Though personally I wouldn't do it, but the train is already in motion. So good luck OP

StylusX

Airbnb is not an option? a fucking hostel?!

Haha come on, if his best friend lived alone in a 6 bed mansion, 5 mins walk from his work. Had a pool, mini cinema, games room with a fully stocked bar etc etc He would still be sleeping at this girls house.

FUME5

Nothing sexual about getting hot and sweaty with someone you have unrequited feelings for.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The religion thing seems like something someone would say if they were trying to provide a reason for why they don't want to be with someone without hurting feelings.

There are exceptions to everything though, granted, but it seems like it could have been a hint. Doesn't mean they don't like being around you as a friend regardless.

So, subbed.

LordKasual

Banned
The chances are zero.

Nothing about this situation makes it sound like they are not going to end up fucking before the 2 weeks are up.

Unlike most threads that go down this route, OP has described clear and obvious admitting of sexual tension

I will be disappoint if OP doesnt smash

Another GAFer letting his dick do his thinking. This is going to go so gloriously wrong. They'll see the fireball from space. I eagerly await updates.

My bet is they will fuck, but her mom will unexpectedly walk in or the condom will break some other scenario out of a Ben Stiller movie.

Top Bottom