• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard Squad launches DDoS tool that lets anyone take down online services

One would think once they started giving video interviews to the media would be the time they would be caught.....

The FBI didn't get Lizard Squad when they issued bomb threats against a plane carrying a Sony representative. What makes you think this site will change the current situation?

Aurongel

There are free tools that do this already. It wouldn't surprise me if this tool enabled other machines to use yours for their own DDoS attacks. I'd love to see a security expert analyze how this thing operates.

Also, those of you who are interested should check out the Low Orbit Ion Cannon.

Klyka

Banned
Well guys, i just bought this.

Every NeoGAF user has to send me 4.99$ a month or else I take GAF down forever.

Your call!

Marcel

Well guys, i just bought this.

Every NeoGAF user has to send me 4.99$ a month or else I take GAF down forever.

Your call!

$5? Certainly you are worth more. I think you have a self-image problem if you think you can't get more than that for a ransom.

Get some confidence.

There are eight packages available, ranging from $5.99 monthly (for taking down a site for 100 seconds) to $129.99 monthly (for taking down a site for 30,000 seconds, or over 8 hours). There are also “lifetime” options that are one-time fees ranging from $29.99 to $500 (the page notes this actually means five years, because that’s apparently how long the tool will exist for).

This shit is funny to me.

Klyka

Banned
$5? Certainly you are worth more. I think you have a self-image problem if you think you can't get more than that for a ransom.

Get some confidence.

Well I wanted to be reasonable cause I still need people to write stuff here so i can read it at work.

5.99$?

Vamphuntr

They're going to make a ton of money from wannabe "hackers", Hilarious that in 2015 it's that easy to take down websites.

Fitts

The article claims that it's the boy been used 3 times since it's been up. Reminds me of that scene in the Dark Knight where the boats of convicts and civilians both opt out of the social experiment and Batman lectures Joker about how everyone isn't as ugly as he is. (or something to that effect)

Marcel

It has to be traceable.

Yeah, uh, if you think "they" can easily track international cryptocurrency transactions, you probably think hacking is >Send spike >Spike sent.

If the feds won't make a real effort to go after them for grounding a plane, they're not gonna go after their Dogecoins.

AmuroChan

So this is how they keep their promise of never attacking XBL and PSN again. They'll just provide the tools so other people can do it.

Sianos

Its been a while since I delved into the details of cryptocurrencies, but I remember some form of tracking was used when Silk Road was busted.

Another example of the fine, young capitalists of America. The system works!

Sephzilla

Yeah, uh, if you think "they" can easily track international cryptocurrency transactions, you probably think hacking is >Send spike >Spike sent.

If the feds won't make a real effort to go after them for grounding a plane, they're not gonna go after their Dogecoins.

Sianos

It says on their TOS that you cannot use it to DDOS any server associated with Lizard Stresser. #sadface

I'm curious if they actually hardcoded in a way to prevent that, and how easy it would be circumvent the script kiddies handiwork...

Portugeezer

How would this work? These things tend to be done underground, I don't see it being too successful if they're making it publicly available.

Nice scam I suppose.

Oppo

When script kiddies sell a service to take down other paid services, you are reminded that you really are living in a state of late-stage capitalism.

Heh. That's well put.

I do wonder if we will see more "white hat" script kiddie type tools appearing. like imagine if you could dedicate your computer to fighting off a DDoS or other type of attack, somehow.

It says on their TOS that you cannot use it to DDOS any server associated with Lizard Stresser. #sadface

cannot or should not? there's always a loophole...

TO THE INLINE SKATES!
hackers_1995_rollerblading.jpeg

Remark

Banned
lol these are just booters lol. i use to have one in like high school use to boot people off xbox live thought i was the shit to lol.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Business 101.

Build a reputation.
Gain a lot of publicity.
Release a product to your target market.

There is new gridlock in Washington over how to address LizardSquard. Kill a successful start-up, making new jobs or, allow it to flourish?

Top Bottom