• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard Squad launches DDoS tool that lets anyone take down online services

TechOne

Trying it on cia.gov brb.

iEdH7db.gif

Marcel

At least we're moving closer and closer to the Shadowrun dystopia. I look forward to doing runs with my fellow GAF chummers.

Lenardo

Banned
you all know they- should- have NEW version of this software because, you know damn well that sony, MS, Blizzard, EA etc will be buying the software to attempt to immunize their networks.

I'm starting to believe these guys are getting funded by North Korea...or some other shady Sony hating backer. They just attack MS just to seem neutral.

How the fuck are these guys still around?

Some keep saying the FBI this and FBI that but apparently whatever they've done so far, and I'm guessing this as well, is not FBI level shit so can we just stop with that?

Losers of the highest order and fucking sociopaths at that. Just not giving a fuck about all the normal lives they're disrupting for their stupid ass agenda.

Marcel

I'm starting to believe these guys are getting funded by North Korea...or some other shady Sony hating backer. They just attack MS just to seem neutral.

How the fuck are these guys still around?

Some keep saying the FBI this and FBI that but apparently whatever they've done so far, and I'm guessing this as well, is not FBI level shit so can we just stop with that?

Losers of the highest order and fucking sociopaths at that. Just not giving a fuck about all the normal lives they're disrupting for their stupid ass agenda.

lol i was waiting for the kooks to come out and was not disappointed

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm really confused as to why nothing is being done about this. If they're actively selling a product, then it's traceable.

Chris1

Most likely, greed and that one time when they slip (they always slip)

How can they withdraw from PayPal anyway if there real bank details are tied to a real bank account

Makes me wonder which country these guys are in
They don't have to withdraw, they can lose to themselves on purpose via gambling sites that allow paypal (poker for example)

Loakum

Banned
Like I said before and got labeled a "tin folded hat wearer", this will be the kind of shit that will enable the government to regulate the internet! All in the name of cyber security. Watch.

Marcel

I'm really confused as to why nothing is being done about this. If they're actively selling a product, then it's traceable.

If you think they're using Paypal or something easily traced for receiving money, you're definitely confused, yeah. "Following the money" is harder in an era of sometimes obtuse cryptocurrency.

FLEABttn

Banned
If you think they're using Paypal or something easily traced for receiving money, you're definitely confused, yeah. "Following the money" is harder in an era of sometimes obtuse cryptocurrency.

Harder, not impossible. Every transaction on the blockchain is public, mind you.

Alx

The only outcome I can see from such "services" is that it will speed up the regulation of the internet. There's no way it can stay as free as it is right now if it can be disrupted so easily. It was fun while it lasted...

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The only outcome I can see from such "services" is that it will speed up the regulation of the internet. There's no way it can stay as free as it is right now if it can be disrupted so easily. It was fun while it lasted...

At this point I'm fine with it.

Okay this may be just my fault since I only read the first page... but how do they make this service not trackable? They have to upload the tools to somewhere right? I am damn sure the Feds can get the info if they wanted to... or the NSA...

mike4001_

I am interested what Sony or MS would do if they got daily (or even weekly) attacks.

Close their online department ?

Basically nothing they could do about it.

Top Bottom