• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard squad unmasked by another hacker group.

MedIC86

At all the people who are saying i hope this is true etc, dont forget there are a lof of hacker-type people like finestsquad who are really annoyed when their fave game servers go down.

Saganator

If anyone of those kids "swatted" anyone, then I sincerely hope they get raided so they know what they were putting people though. Lizard Squad needs a healthy dose of reality.

This is great, I don't feel bad about any of their details being posted. At the end of the day if you want to go around doing something wrong and annoying huge amounts of people then you better expect to get caught.

I find it more amusing that disrupting PSN and XBL seemed like it was the tipping point here. They can go around doing whatever and nobody cared but they fuck with our games that's crossed the line so better release their details and stop these punks lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was talking about this the other day with a co-worker. I said these lizards are just amateurs. Watch them get busted by the big boys. As far as I know the truly elite hackers don't go around bragging about doing juvenile things.

geordiemp

Its like being a bully on a playground....

Eventually the bully will learn there is always someone bigger and meaner than you.

DDOS ers will learn there are people more ruthless than they are.

Good.

I assume this is in reference to John Smedley the boss at SOE had a plain turned round because of a bomb threat

And they were also harassing him about his deceased parents I want to say.

Harrased a Sony exec.. even posted pictures of his dad's gravestone.. threatened a bomb threat on the plane he was on making them turn back..

Jesus. Fucking scumbag kids. Hopefully this will make them piss their pants, give them a little dose of reality.

MUnited83

For you.
It's usually left open to be monitored and watched.

But damn those are some young hackers. If it wasn't for that dumb threat with the airplane they possibly could have even been offered jobs... .hell how do you think google and Facebook got a few people on there staff....

Could of had a future somewhere....good luck now.
Lol wut? Jobs? For doing DDoS? That's not being a hacker. Shit, that requires little to no knowledge to accomplish at all. They aren't hackers.

No, I'm in Los Angeles.

I'm a mid-profile developer, ex was streaming. The aforementioned hacker's MO was to target female streamers and threaten swatting unless they gave him nudes (apparently most will comply, which is sad). She didn't, so we got swatted. I talked it out with the team, and they were very polite about it. LAPD weren't able to do anything about the guy. Some friends did a private investigation that provided some information to Canadian law enforcement (identity and evidence), but apparently they didn't do anything with that either.

wat? these females given then nude pics for that? man sometimes hacker culture is fucked up

With the low down antics they were pulling it was obvious they were gonna get caught sooner or later.

GG to that hacker group

BTW can some one elaborate on what countries these (15/16?) kids are from? A fake twitter account suggested the majority were Chinese

Zabant

The idea of cyber warfare and hacking seemed pretty cool to me in the early days of the net, kinda like this romantic cyber-punk thing.

995HAC_Angelina_Jolie_076.jpg

Now as an adult I see these literal children on twitter pretending they're from the hood like it's 1994, calling in swat teams to people houses and bringing down video game services and I feel like the teenage wonderment inside me has truly died.

The future sucks man, it wasn't supposed to be like this..

So what happens to the underage ones? Terrorist threats seem pretty serious. Could they be tried as adults? It's so funny to me that they're literal script kiddies, but I guess most of us expected that.

I obviously don't understand law lol.

Good! Glad someone put a stop to their annoying bullshit. As long as it's not them joking or anything that is.

Apparently they had big plans for christmas to try attack youtube or google or some shit

Pungza

Looks like some have been doxxed before. Searches bring up paste bins from earlier in the year or last year with same info.

Lol wut? Jobs? For doing DDoS? That's not being a hacker. Shit, that requires little to no knowledge to accomplish at all. They aren't hackers.
It requires knowledge on how to use a computer, which in the smartphone age is getting rarer and rarer.

Actually, what's new here? People misused term "hacker" since forever. It even has a mention on Wiktionary for that.

May16

...we got swatted. I talked it out with the team, and they were very polite about it. LAPD weren't able to do anything about the guy. Some friends did a private investigation that provided some information to Canadian law enforcement (identity and evidence), but apparently they didn't do anything with that either.

To serve and protect.

Heysoos

So, it was mostly kids with too much time on their hands? Figures. Good riddance though, I have no pity, especially since it seems they also swatted people. Scum.

Angry Fork

Lizard squad are assholes with dumb priorities but I would pick their side over huge shitty corporations and the FBI any day.

saunderez

Well the network necessary to DDoS doesn't come out of thin air.

Setting-up a DDoS that actually works on a big scale network isn't as easy as some make it sound.

Note that I'm not saying that DDoS is hard.
Creating the network is easy too. Other people have done the hard work and created the trojans for you, all you have to do is distribute it via public torrents and Usenet by embedding it into pirated games and applications and wait. You cast a wide enough net you'll find plenty of unprotected computers and when you have enough all you have to do is coordinate them to perform the attack.

fritolay

When people that "are" from a hacking group, tweet that cops are at their door then later that they have a lot of info on them, and other stupid stuff, it makes you wonder. Are they that dumb or are they the people taking the fall.

TheContact

Get rekt?
Also... Some of these ppl are just kids. Wow.

Most of them are. That's one reason no one likes them. Besides he fact they take down servers that many people like to use. They call themselves hackers but all they do is ddos which required literally 0 hacking skills. Most of them are just bored 13 year olds with too much time on their hands. But they all deserve to be arrested no doubt.

When people that "are" from a hacking group, tweet that cops are at their door then later that they have a lot of info on them, and other stupid stuff, it makes you wonder. Are they that dumb or are they the people taking the fall.

C. They're 14 years old.

Anyway, this is great. It's wonderful to see karma come back around bite these punks in the ass.

Joyful

Well the network necessary to DDoS doesn't come out of thin air.

Setting-up a DDoS that actually works on a big scale network isn't as easy as some make it sound.

Note that I'm not saying that DDoS is hard.

you can buy DDOS time from botnet owners

thats how kids like this do anything nowadays

My only hope out of all of this, is that @pussysquirting will become available on Twitter...
my grandma can finally join.

Unfortunately because of their age, I highly doubt they'll get what they truly deserve. But cheers to FinestSquad for getting rid of these idiots.

Ushay

Where are these pictures?

Are these guys responsible for the Xbox and PSN outages recently, wasn't able to log into Dragon Age recently either, was that them too?

saunderez

nah, they were doing really immature shit. it makes sense.
Yeah, it might be Captain Hindsight on the case but all signs pointed it to being a bunch of immature brats with nothing better to do. Any real activist group would've had a cause, these guys had nothing.

Top Bottom