• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard squad unmasked by another hacker group.

Derp

Shit they're... They're literally children. Like, literally...

Anyways this is great news. Justice has been served!

Angry Fork

that's one of the dumbest things i've seen. why?

People kill themselves in random sweatshops to avoid making the tech for these companies because profit>human rights, and the FBI since it's inception has routinely surveilled and murdered political dissidents like the KGB.

The worst thing lizard squad people did is swatting, which is really really bad, and for that they deserve to be shat on, but I'm assuming more people are upset because they couldn't play GTA online for half a day.

Savitar

The only thing more hardcore than gamers is hacker gamers who get pissed their services to said games is interrupted.

saunderez

How can I be sure the guys they've doxed are the real Lizard Squad and not innocent people?
What motive would they have to dox innocent people? It's pointless because if they are innocent we'll find out soon enough when they go to the press about their ordeal and then we'll have someone else to hate.

They'll get a year community service at the most because their defense attorny's and parents will say that video games warped their minds and have become victims to their violent nature. So the video game industry will be hit again in the media once the story gets mass press.

The only thing that has me wondering if this is legit or not - that one tweet.

"yoooo Police are at my door"

Why would anyone stop at that point and make a tweet if that was really happening?

Kind of reminds me of....

It reads, "Here may be found.....the last words of Joseph of Arimathea: "He who is valiant and pure of spirit...may find the Holy Grail...in the Castle of Aaargh."

What?

"The Castle of Aaargh."

What is that?

He must have died while carving it.

-Come on!

-That's what it says.

Look, if he was dying, he wouldn't bother to carve "Aaargh." He'd just say it.

-That's what's carved in the rock.

-Perhaps he was dictating it.

-Shut up!

Nokterian

Is this all true? Is this really happening? Well at least there are good ones in the bunch exposing these kids and getting punished for it.

Hah brilliant.

B4q1AJcIAAIdNBi.jpg:large

I THOUGHT THIS WAS JURASSIC AMERICA!

ISP e-mails constitute as being a grown up? Same with a University or College based e-mail? When I was a lurker I swear I've read that some members on the Gaf are 16 years old.

Probably are 16 year olds, or younger, minimum age according to ToS are 13. I was 17 when I joined, and probably 16 when I applied.

Xater

Why are people shocked about these idiots being children? They always struck me as dumb script kiddies that obviously had nothing better to do than to fuck with lots of people with DDOS attacks. They are kids with no idea what they are doing and no concept of what the consequences could be.

Should I remove it? Happy to remove it if I am violating some rule?
Not sure if that violated the ToS and that wasn't an attempt at backseat modding. It's just that IMO two wrongs don't make a right and I consider that kind of public display to be wrong, nevermind that they'll send angry Internet mobs against kids.
That wasn't a dig at you as a poster specifically, mate.

Props for the edit!

Why would anyone stop at that point and make a tweet if that was really happening?

Twitter would be the last thing on my mind in that scenario, but if someone else answered the door and he was already on Twitter, I could see someone tweeting that.

jesu

They'll get a year community service at the most because their defense attorny's and parents will say that video games warped their minds and have become victims to their violent nature. So the video game industry will be hit again in the media once the story gets mass press.

Yes, because that's what happened to lulzsec when the FBI got involved. /s

Not sure if that violated the ToS and that wasn't an attempt at backseat modding. It's just that IMO two wrongs don't make a right and I consider that kind of public display to be wrong, nevermind that they'll send angry Internet mobs against kids.
That wasn't a dig at you as a poster specifically, mate.

Props for the edit!
Nah, I'll back you up on this. I only mentioned it (as well) to the OP because I didn't want to see him get in trouble. Pretty sure Gaf frowns upon any posting of personal information, whether its a real crummy person or not. It could probably hold them liable for damages, I imagine.

That said, the OP wasn't posting info per se, its just the link he did post had some of that info in there. No backseat modding intended.

The idea of cyber warfare and hacking seemed pretty cool to me in the early days of the net, kinda like this romantic cyber-punk thing.

Now as an adult I see these literal children on twitter pretending they're from the hood like it's 1994, calling in swat teams to people houses and bringing down video game services and I feel like the teenage wonderment inside me has truly died.

The future sucks man, it wasn't supposed to be like this..

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

Nah, I'll back you up on this. I only mentioned it (as well) to the OP because I didn't want to see him get in trouble. Pretty sure Gaf frowns upon any posting of personal information, whether its a real crummy person or not. It could probably hold them liable for damages, I imagine.

That said, the OP wasn't posting info per se, its just the link he did post had some of that info in there. No backseat modding intended.

Yeh thanks for that. I actually wasn't aware of all the personal info when I posted it. Whilst I agree it steps over the line a little I am happy it probably embarrasses them further and hopefully more punishment comes from it (mums and dads would be realllllyy pissed)

Really not hard to find it again if people want todo that but yeh.. :)

saunderez

Why are people shocked about these idiots being children? They always struck me as dumb script kiddies that obviously had nothing better to do than to fuck with lots of people with DDOS attacks. They are kids with no idea what they are doing and no concept of what the consequences could be.
Oh they knew what they were doing alright. Annoying the entire customer base of several companies. They didn't think there were any consequences because they thought they were so good that they couldn't be caught. That was always going to lead to their eventual downfall.

jesu

Before the internet, the police came to my door once.
Before I answered, I opened my bedroom window and put The 4 Skins A.C.A.B on the record player.
Kids do the silliest things.

Akai__

And now these guys aren't so tough anymore. Love "hacker group" vs hacker group fights, even if I don't support making all the information public. I mean, they could have just e-mailed all this information to local authorities and be done with it.

Just LMAO at this Jordie guy pretending to be a black dude with all clichés possible and then in the end he is a 14 year old white little boy. The stuff he posted on Twitter were really racist, inhuman and just dumb in general. He even posted his law enforcement documents to Twitter, when he was a suspect in the PAX bombing thing...

True but to actually see some of their faces and just how young they really are is weird. Puts it all into perspective in a way

Not really do you really expect a group of adults to be doing the childish things they were doing? Kids these days think they are untouchable it's about time someone brought them down to earth.

Not really do you really expect a group of adults to be doing the childish things they were doing? Kids these days think they are untouchable it's about time someone brought them down to earth.

Well adults do some stupid shit too. My point was that I always assumed they were kids and knew that but to actually SEE that they're 100% confirmed kids is still weird.

jesu

I expected them to be late teen/early twenties.
I haven't seen the pictures, but I'm assuming the were early teen?

Seyavesh

honestly the thing i'm thinking the most is "damn i am truly incompetent if literal children understand how internets and computers work infinitely better than i do"

Top Bottom