• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

CzarTim

I'm gonna put this out there - there's no point in checking blawl. It's a waste of a night action.

I'm inclined to agree. Both claimed roles should check who they think is most likely scum. That's how we confirm both of you, catch scum. And preplanning is never a good idea when we don't know if the scum team has a switcher or something.

UltraJay

I'm inclined to agree. Both claimed roles should check who they think is most likely scum. That's how we confirm both of you, catch scum. And preplanning is never a good idea when we don't know if the scum team has a switcher or something.

These are good points. Confirming both Flume and Blawl isn't going to do much of anything if the poop gets all fudged up. Use your powers outside of what mafia thinks is going to happen. If you guys are town then make use of your powers before scum decides to take you out.

UNVOTE

I just wanted time to answer my questions but they've been lost to the wind. I'll put my vote on whoever needs it the most when I get back from work. Putting one on Hyper now is only going to add to the dogpile. They know what's up. Just gotta see if they will post anything of merit instead of just a photo of notes. You can write up a post with those notes, ya silly!

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Hyperactivity & kingkitty (8)
Hyperactivity .373 .542
CzarTim .669
Never Forever .920
Kawl_USC .934
Boo Boo'n .1025
Kyanrute .1033
LaunchpadMcQ .1121
Gorlak .1128
Ty4on .1202

Boo Boo'n & UltraJay (2)
Never Forever .515 .920
kingkitty .532
Coppanuva .551 .727
Kyanrute .755 .887
cabot .1029 .1030
cabot .1030

Sophia & Ty4on (2)
LaunchpadMcQ .1056 .1121
Blargonaut .1081
FluxWaveZ .1083

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (2)
Flame_AC .353 .559
Boo Boo'n .521 .680
Karkador .733
Zippedpinhead .789

Gorlak & LaunchpadMcQ (2)
cabot .264 .372
FluxWaveZ .788 .1083
*Splinter .792 .802
Blargonaut .814 .1081
Giant Panda .1045
batsnacks .1230

Kyanrute & Retroid (1)
*Splinter .751 .792
*Splinter .802 .992
Sophia .852 .888
Flame_AC .917
batsnacks .1149 .1230

FluxWaveZ & Timeaisis (1)
Coppanuva .279 .484
*Splinter .295 .297
*Splinter .301 .387
Camjo-Z .319
Rest .434 .921
*Splinter .444 .451
LaunchpadMcQ .796 .1056
UltraJay .864 .1254
Ty4on .880 .1202

El Topo & Giant Panda (1)
cabot .388 .1029
Gorlak .842 .1128
*Splinter .992

CzarTim & NeverForever (1)
Coppanuva .484 .487
Coppanuva .487 .551
Karu .749

No Lynch (1)
Retroid .1145

Coppanuva & Flame_AC (1)
batsnacks .393 .1149
*Splinter .451 .751
FluxWaveZ .537 .616
Hyperactivity .542
Ty4on .689 .880

*Splinter & cabot (0)
kingkitty .267 .386
Gorlak .401 .842

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (0)
Flame_AC .559 .917

Karu & Rest (0)
FluxWaveZ .257 .432
Sophia .888 .1032

Camjo-Z & TL21xx (0)
Coppanuva .727 .844

Karkador & Zippedpinhead (0)
FluxWaveZ .432 .537
FluxWaveZ .616 .788
Coppanuva .844 .900
Giant Panda .966 .1045

No active vote for Day 1:
Coppanuva (has previously voted)
El Topo
MagnumBoy20xx
Sophia (has previously voted)
Timeaisis
TL21xx
UltraJay (has previously voted)

Day 1 ends:
red_1455818400.png

16 votes for majority

*Splinter

Show of hands, who's using retro's bookmarklet?

I will bet exactly no one, not even retro. The bookmarklet only works if everyone types out a person's full screen name every time they refer to someone. Anyone who is actually playing the game would know most people refer to others by abbreviations or team abbreviations.

Why isn't mafia cashing in on what should be an easy lynch? It's because retro is mafia.
I dunno, that's certainly what this argument looks like.

And I would certainly be using his script if all my posting weren't from mobile. It's there to use, would be silly to ignore it.

And no it's not alignment indicative, nor has he or anyone ever tried to push that. I think he posted or before the game even started? Or as his very first post? You're argument that he spent time on a script that should have been time spent scumhunting is god awful.

cabot

Speaking of serial killers, it would be funny if a neutral-aligned SK came along and opened the game with a Miller Tracker claim to avoid suspicion for their kills and keep mafia off their tail.

How long would that last for? They've claimed an actual PR. They start getting things wrong/claiming they're constantly being blocked then they're gonna die.

Reads from day one aren't useful from my experience, they can all be chalked down to "It was day one, it's hard to get reads on day one". Reads might be better then no reads, but it's hard to grasp at things when there is no hard evidence (see PR abilities) along with the soft tells.

I mean specific reads from day 1 are pants, but the line of thinking that are put through them are very useful. People aren't specifically looking for your views on all players, they're examining your thought process behind them, it tends to be very different if you're town trying to figure everything out against scum who have a significant information advantage early on. Think about it.

Also I feel as thought lots are over analysing on day one. This external communication between partners is making things overly complicated to the point where I think mafia might have a huge advantage being that now everyone has to get their stories straight.

Again, this is day 1. Of course there will be over analysing. It doesn't excuse you're relative lack of action and thoughts. There's been so little from you in terms of game chatter. What benefit does talking about the pros and cons of day one have over actually talking about the game itself?

It's easy to talk mechanics and meta and such, because its high level and you don't need to talk about things you may know more about (such as you know, the other players)

I'm really struggling to positively read you and Kyan, but stuff like you choosing to vote No Lynch is making me uncertain you're scum. Neutral maybe?

Kyan has also got a bid of a blender vibe going on, pointing to something other than town.

cabot

Now I feel like saying we won't do that to see who lynches us because of it.

Life's expendable.

Ask him, Flame, not me. I dunno, he's probably not too into it seeing how he wanted to lay low. But self-preservation is lame.

I don't know how this specifically reads alignment wise, but if I was your partner and you behaved like this Flux, I'd be pretty fuckin angry. You're lovers, not masons. There's a shared responsibility because you die together. Your reckless actions have completely ignored what Time wanted and now apparently you just want to pull the pin off the grenade and see the results.

To do this as scum would be absolutely insane, so I'm still leaning town on you two, but this is pretty selfish play in a game where you need to work with your partner.

*Splinter

To do this as scum would be absolutely insane, so I'm still leaning town on you two, but this is pretty selfish play in a game where you need to work with your partner.
I dunno man, he's playing the expendability card pretty hard here.

"Look how unconcerned by death I am, such a very townie trait amiright guys?"

I still don't care about this until tomorrow though. Flux stop hogging the limelight pls

*Splinter

I'm trying to see who brought the conversation back to Fluxtime again, looks like it was Karkador?

Kark, why do you feel this is a priority? It seems certain we'll have something more solid to judge them on tomorrow, even if it's just a claim that they were blocked.

Retroid

Some thoughts :

- FluxWaveZ and Timeaisis
- First day, interested to see where the claim goes, don't see the benefit
- Claims cop that sees role name, not alignment (interesting?)
- Seem uncoordinated
- Neutral (Will wait for more)​
- \*Splinter and cabot
- REALLY active, good discussion points
- Bringing up good potential reasoning for actions
- Most towny pair​
- Hyperactivity and kingkitty
- Some good reasoning
- Neutral​
- Flame_AC and Coppanuva
- Flame seems pushy/aggressive, threatening votes pretty early on, pushing for day 1 lynch like there is no other option
- Bad vibes here​
- Camjo-Z and TL21xx
- Not sure, seems to have similar mindset?
- Neutral​
- Blargonaut and Kawl_USC
- First day, interested to see where the claim goes
- Claims miller and tracker
- Seem very coordinated
- Neutral (Will wait for more)​
- Gorlak and LaunchPadMcQ
- Seemed to adapt to the game throughout the day (responding to peoples discussion)​
- Zippedpinhead and Karkador
- No thoughts here​
- Karu and Rest
- No thoughts here​
- Sophia and Ty4on
- No thoughts here​
- MagnumBoy20xx and batsnacks
- Aggressive, but with good intentions, don't really agree necessarily
- Good analysis/thought process
- Town vibes​
- Giant Panda and El Topo
- Nothing significant of note​
- CzarTim and Never Forever
- No thoughts here​
- Boo Boo'n and UltraJay
- Nothing significant of note​

Throwing the vote on Flame_AC and Coppanuva. Surprised at the number of votes on Hyper/Kitty.

VOTE: Flame_AC

*Splinter

Oh good, I was just about to prod you Retroid.

A few blanks is fine, but can you give me some opinion on So4ia? It's not like they have a lack of posts to consider.

Neutral is fine, but I'd prefer to know why nothing they've said gives you any stronger opinion

Retroid

Oh good, I was just about to prod you Retroid.

A few blanks is fine, but can you give me some opinion on So4ia? It's not like they have a lack of posts to consider.

Neutral is fine, but I'd prefer to know why nothing they've said gives you any stronger opinion

I didn't really pick anything up on my re-read, I will look over their posts specifically quickly. I am going to go to bed after this as it's very late.

Retroid

Not really a whole lot for them from me, Sophia at least seems to prod town pretty well but there's really nothing to come of that at the moment. Neutral?

Retroid

As there are only 8 hours left for me to sleep, if I don't make it down in time before the night comes, I trust in you Kyan <3

*Splinter

Not really a whole lot for them from me, Sophia at least seems to prod town pretty well but there's really nothing to come of that at the moment. Neutral?
Hmm, ok thanks.

In light of the recent discussions on So4ia this feels a little like playing it safe. Specifically you seem to have similar thought in me/Cabot but come to a very different conclusion.

I should have asked about Kark too, he's said enough by now that a null read stands out.

Also I know you're gone for now but could you explain what you meant on your Launchpad read? I'm not sure what conclusion you draw from that comment

kingkitty

the way my day is shaping up there's a very good chance (71.2 percent) i won't be around until after the deadline

so in light of that, i have good faith that hyper will keep this boat from sinking in my absence

good day

cabot

He did reply:

Cabot, if I may ask; why keep the vote on me?

I've already listed my grievances with the team of Kingkitty and Hyperactivity, I only added the vote because I simply forgot to vote after I had unvoted.

Yes he posted in that order, I was confused as to why he asked me why I kept the vote on him first before clarifying the drive by vote, the reason I put the vote on him.

I'm not sure I have any confidence in my vote. There's at least one pair that stands out to me right now, but I'm positive I won't get any traction on it and all it'll do is make me look bad, regardless of how Hyper kitty flips. Let's get this lynch out of the way.

I guess we won't be seeing a last minute role claim from them, huh?

*Splinter

I'm not sure I have any confidence in my vote. There's at least one pair that stands out to me right now, but I'm positive I won't get any traction on it and all it'll do is make me look bad, regardless of how Hyper kitty flips. Let's get this lynch out of the way.

I guess we won't be seeing a last minute role claim from them, huh?
Would you say it would make you look more or less bad than this statement?

That sounds sarcastic but isn't. What I get from this post is that you are suspicious of someone, but "looking good" takes priority over lynching or at least pressuring them.

El Topo

I'm honestly still baffled that people want to lynch anyone but Flux/Time today. Role-claiming cop on D1 is an absolute no-go.

batsnacks

What's the case on hyper/kitty team? I think Tim said that kitty wasn't emotional enough and I think early on someone made comments about their activity level but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Would you say it would make you look more or less bad than this statement?

That sounds sarcastic but isn't. What I get from this post is that you are suspicious of someone, but "looking good" takes priority over lynching or at least pressuring them.

Well, would it make you feel better if I said it was you and cabot? I'm just saying, I like you guys more for a lynch. I'm not going to get those votes before day end. I'm not certain enough that HyperKitty is not mafia and moving my vote could make me look suspicious if they flip any which way.

But alright, you've made your point. I have a bad habit of going meta on myself, and you're seeing something to read into there that isn't really there.

VOTE: *Splinter

I'm not a fan of the way you two have been controlling the flow of the thread.

Karu

I'm honestly still baffled that people want to lynch anyone but Flux/Time today. Role-claiming cop on D1 is an absolute no-go.
Other than that... did you ever adress your super non-committal preliminary read-list?

I'm only 200 posts in with my thorough reading, but a few remarks:
1)Way too much fluff/nonsense. It's distracting.
2)Role-claims on D1. Distracting, annoying, pointless.
3)A certain player votes too often.
4)Certain players seem intent on lynching someone based on supposed inconsistency and minor things. I don't like that attitude.
5)Some players seem to deliberately fly under the radar and not take a stance.
6)Way too many posts. Maybe an odd complaint, but we seem to be on track to have way more posts than most (all?) previous Mafia games. Makes it hard to properly catch up.

I just wanted to give a few preliminary thoughts. Hopefully the remaining....oh God...550 posts will be more helpful.
Because I would like to hear your remaining thoughts.

cabot

So you're thinking is kill a name cop as punishment for claiming early? Seems a bit of a classic 'cutting nose off to spite face' situation. Do you see scum there? If no, Then why should we policy lynch a claim?

Launch just let it out, it's not productive to sort of tip toe around the issue. Shit or get off the pot. You worrying about putting your opinion out there is scummy.

cabot

Well, would it make you feel better if I said it was you and cabot? I'm just saying, I like you guys more for a lynch. I'm not going to get those votes before day end. I'm not certain enough that HyperKitty is not mafia and moving my vote could make me look suspicious if they flip any which way.

But alright, you've made your point. I have a bad habit of going meta on myself, and you're seeing something to read into there that isn't really there.

VOTE: *Splinter

I expected this, you've been clear before which doesn't explain why you suddenly were weary,

Not much else I have to say on this but if you want to kill some of the most active players on D1, then I think thats stupid and hope more people come from my line of thinking than yours.

Unless you think we're some sort of super scum that has an ability that must be stopped on D1, fair enough.

batsnacks

You hinted at this earlier and I asked you about it and I think you ended up saying it was more of a tone thing. Could you be more specific about how they're controlling the thread? Some examples would be good.

*Splinter

Citation needed.

Most discussed topic of the day is Fluxtime, something both Cabot and myself have stated we aren't particularly interested in until tomorrow.

Current vote leader is HyperKitty. Our opinions here have ranged from "mildly town" to "very mildly scum", and at this point I'm arguably defending them.

Karkador

Banned
How long would that last for? They've claimed an actual PR. They start getting things wrong/claiming they're constantly being blocked then they're gonna die.

Yeah, I'll give you that; it's gonna meet some hurdles soon. On the other hand, an SK is dealing with possibility of their presence being apparent after N1.

Even if it's wrong, I wanted to put the idea out there.

I'm trying to see who brought the conversation back to Fluxtime again, looks like it was Karkador?

Kark, why do you feel this is a priority? It seems certain we'll have something more solid to judge them on tomorrow, even if it's just a claim that they were blocked.

It's because I saw Timeaisis in the thread and felt like he's the guy who has barely commented on his pair's ordeal. He's coming off like he has no idea WTF is going on. It's hard to believe.

Also has Zipped even posted lately or is he really leaving it all to Kark?

I do wish he'd post more, but he's mostly been good about coming around our chat and answering my lists of speculation. I figure he just has more of a life than I do, although he seems to play every single one of these gafia games.

He agrees with his partner man, he doesn't need to say anything have some respect.

I laughed

cabot

1)Yeah, I'll give you that; it's gonna meet some hurdles soon. On the other hand, an SK is dealing with possibility of their presence being apparent after N1.

Even if it's wrong, I wanted to put the idea out there.

2)It's because I saw Timeaisis in the thread and felt like he's the guy who has barely commented on his pair's ordeal. He's coming off like he has no idea WTF is going on. It's hard to believe.

3)I do wish he'd post more, but he's mostly been good about coming around our chat and answering my lists of speculation. I figure he just has more of a life than I do, although he seems to play every single one of these gafia games.

1) Fair enough, bringing up potential outcomes to situations and discussing it openly in the thread is pro-town, no complaint here.

2) Again, bringing it all back to TimeFlux when I've decided to kick the can down the line is unfortunate, but your reasoning is solid. Time has been oddly aloof about it all, and you did get him to be a bit more specific.

3) This is where you whisper sweet nothings in his ear so he gets the confidence to post more, you're still a decent town read for me in the game so far. God knows I have misread zipped in the past but he should be throwing his words down.

El Topo

So you're thinking is kill a name cop as punishment for claiming early? Seems a bit of a classic 'cutting nose off to spite face' situation. Do you see scum there? If no, Then why should we policy lynch a claim?

Role-claiming as the cop on D1 is probably the worst play possible for town. The following is a brief train of thought I gave Panda:

1)He is the cop. In that case he would have made the worst play possible. Very hard to believe, even if he is only a "name cop".

2)He is town, but not the cop. In that case he has caused a lot of chaos, which is generally advantageous to mafia. They have a group chat, can plan and coordinate their actions. Further complication due to miller/tracker claim. He also draws attention from power roles in general, which is again not good, not to mention the risk of causing the actual cop to slip up. Also causes problems as the game goes on. Very risky gambit.

3)He is not town. Very risky gambit.

All options seem problematic to me. When the best explanation I can come up with is "the gambit is so bad they cannot be scum/neutral", that's...problematic. I don't know. I...guess it is unlikely that they are scum, although I really have no good read on them and I don't think I have a good track record when it comes to reading people. I'd like to hear Panda's opinion on this, or maybe someone can go through all the possible scenarios to assess whether or not lynching Flux/Time is reasonable.

I expected this, you've been clear before which doesn't explain why you suddenly were weary,

Not much else I have to say on this but if you want to kill some of the most active players on D1, then I think thats stupid and hope more people come from my line of thinking than yours.

Unless you think we're some sort of super scum that has an ability that must be stopped on D1, fair enough.

Uh, yeah, this reasoning is what's stupid. You're saying that I should leave active scum alive, just because they are active? I mean, it even sounds like you're admitting to it.

For you, Splinter, I would say that even though Fluxtime has been the topic of discussusion, you two have been directing how that has unfolded. Yet, very keen to keep yourselves from the majorities when it comes to voting - distancing yourselves for when the players flip town, perhaps?

cabot

Role-claiming as the cop on D1 is probably the worst play possible for town. The following is a brief train of thought I gave Panda:

1)He is the cop. In that case he would have made the worst play possible. Very hard to believe, even if he is only a "name cop".

2)He is town, but not the cop. In that case he has caused a lot of chaos, which is generally advantageous to mafia. They have a group chat, can plan and coordinate their actions. Further complication due to miller/tracker claim. He also draws attention from power roles in general, which is again not good, not to mention the risk of causing the actual cop to slip up. Also causes problems as the game goes on. Very risky gambit.

3)He is not town. Very risky gambit.

All options seem problematic to me. When the best explanation I can come up with is "the gambit is so bad they cannot be scum/neutral", that's...problematic. I don't know. I...guess it is unlikely that they are scum, although I really have no good read on them and I don't think I have a good track record when it comes to reading people. I'd like to hear Panda's opinion on this, or maybe someone can go through all the possible scenarios to assess whether or not lynching Flux/Time is reasonable.

so option 2 will most likely be confirmed on D2, because frankly even if they are rolebocked and are the legit name cop, quite obviously we'll flip them because their use to us is zero at that point, and the flip would clear up all the noise of today.

For option 3, I'm very inconsistent with reads but in a game that is effectively 15 people, 3 (max 4) are scum and to pull this gambit off as scum considering these circumstances......I just don't see that happening. it's absolutely batshit. The cub theory is the only thing I can see where this .......could make sense (doesnt make sense on D1 tho) but I'm not confident that is the case.

Here's my thinking for option 1 (which currently I believe):

a) Terrible play. Completely agreed.
b) they target someone N1
c) if they die, we know what they are on flip and mafia didnt want the risk of the name cop check, which implies
i) loveless is in their role name
ii) There probably isn't another cop if that's the case
d) they do a n1 check, they survive and claim it. This is probably the most vague option, because it depends on the results what happens next.
e) They do a n1 check, claim its blocked. I'd probably flip TimeFlux in this situation, as said it ends all this shit from D1, removing noise and it would also confirm some form of block or switch which would be very likely scum aligned.

This gives you a better idea of why I don't want to kill TimeFlux today.

Who else would you lynch if not TimeFlux? there has to be some other suspicious targets you're considering.

Kawl_USC

Just checking in to say I'm here and should be available through day's end in case there are some last minute swings or a need to break a tie. Otherwise, I'm glad to see some of the lower activity people have posted more, even if their contributions haven't been mind blowing that's understandable for D1. Nothing has been particularly noteworthy enough to change my vote. I'm content to let it ride on HyperKitty barring shenanigans, and see what TimeFlux can offer us D2. They come up blank in terms of a name and I will 100% be pushing for them as my top target.

cabot

Uh, yeah, this reasoning is what's stupid. You're saying that I should leave active scum alive, just because they are active? I mean, it even sounds like you're admitting to it.

For you, Splinter, I would say that even though Fluxtime has been the topic of discussusion, you two have been directing how that has unfolded. Yet, very keen to keep yourselves from the majorities when it comes to voting - distancing yourselves for when the players flip town, perhaps?

No if you want me to give you the list of what we've done so far in this game it'll probably look like the behaviours you'd expect of a townie.

I didn't think I'd have to go that far.

I'm also weary of your behaviour so far that if you actually got us to flip on this day phase, you'd not be very helpful to everyone else afterwards because you're dead wrong and I suspect you'd lose a lot of confidence in yourself.

No if you want me to give you the list of what we've done so far in this game it'll probably look like the behaviours you'd expect of a townie.

I didn't think I'd have to go that far.

I'm also weary of your behaviour so far that if you actually got us to flip on this day phase, you'd not be very helpful to everyone else afterwards because you're dead wrong and I suspect you'd lose a lot of confidence in yourself.

Am I somehow supposed to be able to divine what your role is?

And you're getting a little jumpy there. The reason we're having this discussion is because I probably wouldn't have been able to get the votes to lynch you; nobody is really stacked against you, yet. However, you're making yourself look pretty suspicious since I brought you guys up again..

cabot

Am I somehow supposed to be able to divine what your role is?

And you're getting a little jumpy there. The reason we're having this discussion is because I probably wouldn't have been able to get the votes to lynch you; nobody is really stacked against you, yet. However, you're making yourself look pretty suspicious since I brought you guys up again..

I'm sorry this is just a difference of opinion, I said it myself earlier in the thread, if I see players that are showing to be scummy on D1, but I know them to be active/they've been active so far then I will spare them because D1 is an absolute mess of noise and guesses.

I said it about you and Gorlak. I found you both scummy but I said I'd hold off until later because you're both going to be around, and if you suddenly drop off then its more suspicious. I do lean more town on you specifically now though, despite your misguided opinion.

This is all related to Woof 2, which lost three of the top posters in a single night phase, and everything went to shit afterwards. This is why I don't want to waste active players early, when information is scarce. This is why I hit the less active/hard to read people.

I'm sorry this is just a difference of opinion, I said it myself earlier in the thread, if I see players that are showing to be scummy on D1, but I know them to be active/they've been active so far then I will spare them because D1 is an absolute mess of noise and guesses.

I said it about you and Gorlak. I found you both scummy but I said I'd hold off until later because you're both going to be around, and if you suddenly drop off then its more suspicious. I do lean more town on you specifically now though, despite your misguided opinion.

This is all related to Woof 2, which lost three of the top posters in a single night phase, and everything went to shit afterwards. This is why I don't want to waste active players early, when information is scarce. This is why I hit the less active/hard to read people.

You say it's a difference of opinion, as if you respect it, then you call it misguided because you don't agree.

Frankly, I don't care what happened in Woof 2 because I wasn't in Woof 2. If I were, I would be saying the same thing now - I don't care how active you are. I'm here to catch scum, not serve a better play environment. however much good it can do, it can cause just as much bad (see NX, Sorian). So, yeah, I'm going to disagree with your opinion - and I want to lynch your lying ass.

*Splinter

and on that note

VOTE: Coppanuva

Started strong (and scummy), got heat, then went into hiding. Right now they're scummy AND hardly contributing.

Top Bottom