• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Flame_AC

Which is why I felt I couldn't come clean yesterday. It would almost certainly lead in a lynch for us. However, it may have been better to do it yesterday and take the L than end up lynching our two True Lovers. It's something I weighed yesterday, but decided against it.

So I mean, what do you think we should do with you. You (Flux) kind of deserve to be lynched and damaged Day 1. I don't know if we should lynch you, but it seems kind of like a thing that will just happen due to the gambit.

FluxWaveZ

Claiming cop is really good way to not die on D1.

Just for future reference. It's terrible for pretty much anything else.

Yeah, with your claim, there was no way you could be lynched. It would look horrible for everyone who voted you. You would have had to say you were faking it all to get lynched.

Pretty much anything else is whatever, but I definitely lacked the experience to know that a claim like that would remove our team from being a good D1 lynch target. There were some who were adamant about it, though.

Mainly, however, I wanted our team to be killed on N1 instead of a Power Role team. The way I see it, Ordinaries are expendable compared to the PRs. If there's a chance for either a PR to die or an Ordinary, the latter should take it.

There was obviously a point to it, though, right? If it wasn't to stir shit up, what was the purpose of lying?

Other than what I've said already (fun, concrete discussion point, suicidal purpose), no.

You're giving me all sorts of bad vibes, by the way.

Karkador

Banned
Ordinaries aren't really that expendable when voting #s still count, and they can push the discussion. It's also entirely possible for PRs to waste their night actions on useless stuff.

FluxWaveZ

So I mean, what do you think we should do with you. You (Flux) kind of deserve to be lynched and damaged Day 1. I don't know if we should lynch you, but it seems kind of like a thing that will just happen due to the gambit.

We deserve it. but there was no way we could be lynched? Your questions have been consistently weird, Flame. Why are you asking him what people should do with our team? If the consensus is we're Mafia, lynch us. If the consensus is otherwise, do whatever else. Just like any other team. That's a stupid question.

FluxWaveZ

Ordinaries aren't really that expendable when voting #s still count, and they can push the discussion. It's also entirely possible for PRs to waste their night actions on useless stuff.

No, this is wrong. If one has to die, the Ordinary should take the priority, especially if the situation is such that the skill of both players is 1:1. Wasteful actions or not, the Ordinary can't do anything but vote. Anyone can vote.

Flame_AC

We deserve it. but there was no way we could be lynched? Your questions have been consistently weird, Flame. Why are you asking him what people should do with our team? If the consensus is we're Mafia, lynch us. If the consensus is otherwise, do whatever else. Just like any other team. That's a stupid question.

You're in a weird position. I don't think you are mafia, there's no way a mafia team would allow this gambit to happen and for it to be so unorganized and such a mess. However, I can't rule out the possibility of you being a neutral or something anti-town and so I'm conflicted. You made a play which I haven't seen before and I don't know what to do with you. For this reason my vote isn't on you, but I do want to hear what other people think we should do with this situation.

I think it's also important to not focus all our discussion on this topic however. Did you receive any type of notification during the night which might make you think you were targeted by the mafia?

Timeaisis

It's up to you whether you believe me or not. I can only be honest with you right now, and let you guys decide what happens to us today. I'm not disagreeing that our play on D1 was a mistake, it's pretty obvious.

My biggest fear is that this entire day is spent examining Flux and myself, leads to an early lynch, and nothing else comes of it. I'd say if you do intend to lynch Flux and myself today, bring it to time, utilize the whole day to scum hunt so D2 isn't wholly in vain.

In the meantime, I'll keep playing and seeing where the game takes us.

Flame_AC

My biggest fear is that this entire day is spent examining Flux and myself, leads to an early lynch, and nothing else comes of it. I'd say if you do intend to lynch Flux and myself today, bring it to time, utilize the whole day to scum hunt so D2 isn't wholly in vain.

I mean I buy your side of it Time, I just don't know whether you should be policy lynched for such an insane move to get rid of uncertainty or if we should just leave well enough alone.

Honestly, if ending D2 without dogpiling on another bystander Town player means letting Time/Flux go, I'm okay with that.

Do you mean lynch them by letting them go? Or what, I don't understand your post.

Sophia

I mean I buy your side of it Time, I just don't know whether you should be policy lynched for such an insane move to get rid of uncertainty or if we should just leave well enough alone.

I don't want to lynch them. If we do and they flip town, then we're just giving the mafia another shot at a night time kill.

Flame_AC

I don't want to lynch them. If we do and they flip town, then we're just giving the mafia another shot at a night time kill.

True, but then what do you think of Kark's idea of ensuring a calm end of day?

I think they're town, seems too genuine to be faked. Though I can't be sure and it might be necessary to eliminate such a distraction eventually.

FluxWaveZ

True, but then what do you think of Kark's idea of ensuring a calm end of day?

I think they're town, seems too genuine to be faked. Though I can't be sure and it might be necessary to eliminate such a distraction eventually.

Wait a second, let me get this straight here: are you saying a calm and calculated end of day is better than a chaotic, unpredictable one?

Flame_AC

Wait a second, let me get this straight here: are you saying a calm and calculated end of day is better than a chaotic, unpredictable one?

I'm using Kark's words, he says he wants to avoid what we had on Day 1 and so I'm asking Sophia how she reconciles that with her idea.

Personally, I'm against the lynch as I've stated, at least right now.

FluxWaveZ

I'm using Kark's words, he says he wants to avoid what we had on Day 1 and so I'm asking Sophia how she reconciles that with her idea.

Personally, I'm against the lynch as I've stated, at least right now.

You're not answering my question. In other words, I'm redirection the question to you.

Camjo-Z

I think it would be a bad idea for a cop to come out until Day 3 or 4, any earlier and the mafia will be able to get them before they get to do some work. Town would want a cop to lie low for awhile, gather results, and then have a blowout day later on, anything else helps scum.

Cop could easily be dead by Day 3. If we could leave wills I'd agree with you, but as it is I think it'd be a bad idea for them to stay hidden another day. And like I said, the presence of a doc/roleblocker means that they don't have to worry about getting attacked tonight.

FluxWaveZ

Cop could easily be dead by Day 3. If we could leave wills I'd agree with you, but as it is I think it'd be a bad idea for them to stay hidden another day. And like I said, the presence of a doc/roleblocker means that they don't have to worry about getting attacked tonight.

Why are you convinced we have a cop?

Flame_AC

You're not answering my question.

Oh, I thought I did, at least indirectly. I think in the long run it is more beneficial to have chaos at end of day as it allows people's true desires to be shown in terms of the end of day lynch. I was away for the end of Day 1 and missed out on it, so I never really got to participate in that part of it. Having too much chaos though, will make discussion pointless and so we want to try and keep calm for as long as possible.

Cop could be dead, but by the bolded that you said, supposedly they don't have to worry about being attacked tonight, meaning they can make it to Day 3. Right? I think that having the cop reveal themselves right now only makes it more likely for them to die tonight, if they stay secret for another day or so, they'll have two results (like 15% of the game) and can say their piece (peace). Right now, mafia doesn't have anything to work off of as to who the cop is, them claiming obviously ruins that.

Karkador

Banned
We've given another day period without a night time death, and we have at least one power role saying they have information. Lets make use of it.

We're going to have a N2 no matter what.

My issue is that we ended D1 with 3 people suddenly getting tied with ~5 votes, and town swinging their votes around on impulse. That's not how we make a reasonable lynch decision.

Camjo-Z

Cop could be dead, but by the bolded that you said, supposedly they don't have to worry about being attacked tonight, meaning they can make it to Day 3. Right?

No - they wouldn't have to worry about being attacked if they out, because the person who made last night's save would know to be on them. If they don't out, that person will just have to pick blindly again with no guarantee the cop will live to D3.

Karkador

Banned
Another reason to lynch Time/Flux is that we need to test their claim, as it seems to me like they're still trying to save their own asses.

Flame_AC

No - they wouldn't have to worry about being attacked if they out, because the person who made last night's save would know to be on them. If they don't out, that person will just have to pick blindly again with no guarantee the cop will live to D3.

Ah, I see what you mean, but can you rule out a roleblocker? Although then the mafia wouldn't know who to roleblock, so I see your point I suppose. Still think it would be dangerous for a Day 2 cop claim though, I think that just means our cop, if there is one, won't make it more then a couple of days more.

FluxWaveZ

Another reason to lynch Time/Flux is that we need to test their claim, as it seems to me like they're still trying to save their own asses.

Policy lynching and all that is fine, but did you miss the part where I expressed my desire to be killed multiple times on D1?

Even now, that's still better than lynching a PR again, or losing one on N2.

kingkitty

alright i just got home, give me a lil bit to write up some hot takes

takes will be dished out before midnight eastern standard america time at the latest

Camjo-Z

Policy lynching and all that is fine, but did you miss the part where I expressed my desire to be killed multiple times on D1?

> "i'm going to fake a cop claim to get myself killed and save a PR!!"
> lead the lynch on a PR

giphy.gif

Ah, I see what you mean, but can you rule out a roleblocker? Although then the mafia wouldn't know who to roleblock, so I see your point I suppose. Still think it would be dangerous for a Day 2 cop claim though, I think that just means our cop, if there is one, won't make it more then a couple of days more.

Well, it's up to the cop ultimately. Do what y'all think is best, coppers.

Karkador

Banned

This right here is why we're frustrated with your statements. Why play as if you're giving up on the game? If you don't have a grand gambit in mind, there's no reason to tell us to kill you. You appear to have no plan whatsoever, besides skew the daytime discussion in weird ways. At best, you're ruining the game a bit for others by throwing in the towel. At worst, you're scum who's up to no good.

It's not a policy lynch, it's a "I'm tired of this bullshit" lynch.

Karkador

Banned
> lead the lynch on a PR

giphy.gif

lol, seriously. It's like...I really don't want to be mean to someone if they're just bungling a game out of newbie error, but WTF is Fluxwave even doing?

FluxWaveZ

> lead the lynch on a PR

giphy.gif

Yeah... well, it's not like I'm happy about what happened there. But, let's not forget that people were denying that getting them lynched was my responsibility at the end of D1, so let's not pin the whole thing on me now.

FluxWaveZ

This right here is why we're frustrated with your statements. Why play as if you're giving up on the game? If you don't have a grand gambit in mind, there's no reason to tell us to kill you. You appear to have no plan whatsoever, besides skew the daytime discussion in weird ways. At best, you're ruining the game a bit for others by throwing in the towel. At worst, you're scum who's up to no good.

It's not a policy lynch, it's a "I'm tired of this bullshit" lynch.

It's less about giving up, and more about, "if there's no better lynch target, I should die in anyone else's place because my objective is for Town to win and me dying instead of a PR is better for that win condition."

It gets dicey because this is a team effort (sorry about that, Time), but will you deny that CzarTim's team wasn't suspect? They got lynched for a reason, and I was obviously convinced something was up, which is why I decided that they should be lynched. If I was throwing in the towel, I'd self-vote or something like this was Heist again.

Karkador

Banned
It's less about giving up, and more about, "if there's no better lynch target, I should die in anyone else's place because my objective is for Town to win and me dying instead of a PR is better for that win condition."

It gets dicey because this is a team effort (sorry about that, Time), but will you deny that CzarTim's team wasn't suspect? They got lynched for a reason, and I was obviously convinced something was up, which is why I decided that they should be lynched. If I was throwing in the towel, I'd self-vote or something like this was Heist again.

How did we go from "I should die for the team" to "Don't blame me for thinking NeverTim should have died for the team"?

Pretty much anything else is whatever, but I definitely lacked the experience to know that a claim like that would remove our team from being a good D1 lynch target. There were some who were adamant about it, though.

Mainly, however, I wanted our team to be killed on N1 instead of a Power Role team. The way I see it, Ordinaries are expendable compared to the PRs. If there's a chance for either a PR to die or an Ordinary, the latter should take it.

Other than what I've said already (fun, concrete discussion point, suicidal purpose), no.

You're giving me all sorts of bad vibes, by the way.

I sympathize then, Flux. I did something very similar in my last game here, albeit I was way more up my own ass. I believe you.

As for me, I have nothing to hide, but I've somehow gotten really good at playing somewhere where people don't see me as scummy enough to lynch, yet the mafia believe I'm scummy enough to stay alive. I won't say I always do it on purpose, it just kind of turns out that way. In the past, I've even thought that it would have been best if people had actually lynched me.

Karkador

Banned
I just asked you why you go from stating that you should offer yourself as a town sacrifice before a Town PR, and then decide to go lead the charge on another player (without knowing anything about whether they're a Town PR or not).

You can't start the day drawing attention to yourself "to draw attention away from potentially valuable players", and then end the day drawing attention to another player.

I'm the obtuse one here?

FluxWaveZ

I just asked you why you go from stating that you should offer yourself as a town sacrifice before a Town PR, and then decide to go lead the charge on another player (without knowing anything about whether they're a Town PR or not).

You can't start the day drawing attention to yourself "to draw attention away from potentially valuable players", and then end the day drawing attention to another player.

I'm the obtuse one here?

Putting aside the fact that it was random and not really planned out, if the goal was for me to die, I would have made sure we died. If I have to attribute the sacrificial reason to it, it was to set up a reason as to why we would be a good lynch candidate at the end of D1.

But like I'm saying right now—and I hope to hell I don't have to repeat this multiple times for you to comprehend it like people had to do for you on D1—I wasn't giving up, especially not with a teammate in tow (though I dunno how active they would have been, since Time was mostly in the shadows in Werewolf 2 and wanted to lay low here too). I was convinced that CzarTim's team were scum or at least a neutral, so obviously I wanted them dead because that's how I win.

Camjo-Z

I'm sorry, you're not making sense. Explain it to me again. Why claim a false role to draw attention to yourself?

It's pointless to keep asking this. His reasons are nonsensical and weren't backed up by his actions D1. First he was claiming just to generate discussion and reactions, then he had a secondary motive, then he actually didn't and that was just to make his claim look legitimate, and now he was apparently trying to save a PR despite actively getting one killed himself. He's either a borderline-gamethrowing townie who has no clue what he's doing, or he's maf tricking us this whole time. Even if he's the former, you can guarantee he'll be kept alive the rest of the game to keep us constantly second guessing, because ultimately what other purpose can he serve? Until further developments, here's my vote.

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

Maybe if we're lucky he'll turn out to be a Virgin or something.

HEY BLARGONAUT!? WHAT'S THIS?!

foundTeamRocketJessietalkingaboutdisgustGIF_inactualitythiswasmeantasajokeGIFpostinreferencetothewholeIfWeCouldOnlyLynchJustFluxAndNotTime_butduetoarecentpostbySophiathisGIFstextcouldbeinterpretedasunnecessarysnarkdirectedatSophiabutittrulyitwasntintendedtobeandIsincerelyapologizetoSophiaifitlooksthatway.gif

oh, hey Blarg

oh, that

well, look, I'm sorry, k

whatevs

I guess

...like, genuinely though

sorry if :(

*hands in pockets, looks down, shuffles feet*

~
V5xmY8c.gif

Yeah, that's how to handle it!

That's right, kids! Don't get yourself into an apologizing mess by doing what Blarg didn't!

Always remember to check your post surroundings before deploying a GIF! Things might have changed and advanced while you were away typing!

Inadvertently, you might hurt someone's feelings if it's taken in the wrong context, so be smarter, and look around! Tell 'em you didn't mean it, and be courteous!

And that goes for any post!

Top Bottom