• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi sends notice that The Year of Luigi never ended...

Why is Luigi so pissed off? What happened to him between 3d world and Mario Kart? Is he pissed because the Wii U's failed sales are being blamed on the year of luigi? Has he finally snapped?

He is pissed because its still called Mario Kart although nobody ever uses Mario these days and it should be named Mushroom Kingdom Karting.

He just doesnt care anymore and destroys everything and everybody in his path to become the one and only survivor of this mayhem!

When Mario rebuilt the universe in Super Mario Galaxy 1 he accidentally made it so Luigi was the famous Mario Brother. Super Mario Galaxy becomes Super Luigi Galaxy. Year of Luigi happens. A Luigi's Mansion sequel. An RPG about his dreams. Mario Bros. replaced by Luigi Bros. 3D World full of Luigis. His own platformer with a green box. Miyamoto realized the mistake and sent Link back in time to fix it. Now Mario is back as #1.

Luigi somehow remembers all of it and plots to reclaim the universe for himself.

This actually makes sense? Whats going on!

Principate

Saint Titanfall
He is pissed because its still called Mario Kart although nobody ever uses Mario these days and it should be named Mushroom Kingdom Karting.

He just doesnt care anymore and destroys everything and everybody in his path to become the one and only survivor of this mayhem!

He has greater ambitions than that. This is only the beginning.

Luigi his reign begins!

valouris

Seems like the year of Luigi failed to bring him out in the mainstream spotlight...

Seems like it's time for him to take matters into his own hands

No more Mr. Nice Luigi

Ferulci

tumblr_n6eduiMkqI1qhcyveo2_500.gif

Ok I need a Wii U.

Crunch King

Neo Member
This thread is outstanding. Good to see my boy Luigi finally asserting himself. Now we just need a full heel turn - smack Mario in the head with a chair when his back his turned. BAH GAWD

Bought a Wii U on Friday pretty much just for Mario Kart (and Smash, down the line) and I've already played 20 hours or so over the weekend. The most fun I've had with a game in ages. It's glorious.

Rocky

Banned

I use Mario, just like I have for every other MK game. I don't think I've ever used anyone else, ever.

I'm linking to this thread next time someone says graphics don't matter.
If anything this thread is a testament that graphics don't matter and art direction and character is more important. This is being done on the console everyone makes fun of for being behind the times.

Blearth

Banned
If anything this thread is a testament that graphics don't matter and art direction and character is more important. This is being done on the console everyone makes fun of for being behind the times.

It's the new hardware that makes the art direction possible.

This wasn't remotely possible on Wii. It is possible on Wii U and it's amazing.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So to recap: Luigi is a murderous psychopath, Bowser hates babies, Shy Guys don't look at explosions, Roy is the bumbling nitwit of the Koopalings, Donkey Kong is a daring heartthrob, nobody likes Rosalina* and Ludwig looks dashing in everything he does.

* I like Rosalina. :<

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
So to recap: Luigi is a murderous psychopath, Bowser hates babies, Shy Guys don't look at explosions, Roy is the bumbling nitwit of the Koopalings, Donkey Kong is a daring heartthrob, nobody likes Rosalina* and Ludwig looks dashing in everything he does.

* I like Rosalina. :<

lol, pretty much accurate recap. i love Ludwig, he might very well become my main, it's just that one giant tooth and his sparkling hair, expecially when wet

It's the new hardware that makes the art direction possible.

This wasn't remotely possible on Wii. It is possible on Wii U and it's amazing.
The hardware has nothing to do with it. Luigi had just as entertaining facial expressions on Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS. The only difference is there isn't a hilarious context or slo mo replays for them in that game.

The graphics are what makes the expressions possible.

Timesplitters 2/Future Perfect and Second Sight had phenomenal character animation and expressions, and those were PS2 era games.

The character expressions all comes down to the animation team taking the time and effort to animate and articulate those expressions. If they'd had the time and resources, they would have been able to do similar animations for Double Dash.

The lovely graphics in this game come down to the lighting, textures, and framerate. The expressions of the characters comes down to the animation and artstyle, and that's a different department entirely.

GCX

MK8 is a great example of art direction and hardware power going perfectly hand in hand.

It looks great because the team put a TON of extra effort to animations and the smallest details but also because of all the extra power of the hardware.

Kup

the fire makes it even more hellish.

Decision of maining Luigi since SNES justified!

Feel gutted because I just changed Luigi from my main to Lakitu. Luigi was my main since the SNES. But after this thread I have to change back...

Timesplitters 2/Future Perfect and Second Sight had phenomenal character animation and expressions, and those were PS2 era games.

The character expressions all comes down to the animation team taking the time and effort to animate and articulate those expressions. If they'd had the time and resources, they would have been able to do similar animations for Double Dash.

The lovely graphics in this game come down to the lighting, textures, and framerate. The expressions of the characters comes down to the animation and artstyle, and that's a different department entirely.

Dude animations are graphics, WTF are you talking about?

Top Bottom