• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi sends notice that The Year of Luigi never ended...

iMX0hlpacYwYP.gif

Poor Morton.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
wasn't sure what to expect given the thread title.

but man that op. well done sir. bravo.

MisterHero

Dude animations are graphics, WTF are you talking about?
Making characters emote is art direction. They can be achieved with simple graphics. While it was more obvious in later games, Mario and Link were very expressive in their N64 incarnations.

Powerful hardware alone can realize a lot of things. Good art direction isn't one of them.

And according to the rhetoric of some, Wii U is severely underpowered, so I don't know what they're trying to prove. Are they saying that Wii U is, in fact, capable?

Celegus

Oh man MK8 really is pretty! These gifs are the first time I've actually seen it. Nintendo slowly making a case for me getting a Wii U...

Jamie OD

I wonder what we will get when people find out honking your horn next to another driver makes them hop in the air in freight.

Haunted

This is excellent stuff. I knew the slow-mo feature would lead to great things as soon as I watched my first highlight reel. :D

Really wish we had more .webms in here and less shittily compressed ghetto .gifs.

I've watched that Ridin' Dirty video more times than I care to admit. I think what also cracks me up is how there is just a faint moment of that happy-go-lucky music before Chamillionaire cuts in.

Imagine the video and then a shot to the game box and the Wii U bundle with an announcer: "Rated E for everyone."

I can't wait til Nintendo uses
and ruins
this in a future Direct.

Nintendo is like that one old person who posts ancient memes on Facebook and thinks they're amazing. My body is no longer ready because they've used that fucking meme too much.

Nintendo could really make a killer commercial out of these instances. Throw some "epic", contrasting music in the background with Luigi clobbering everyone and sliding by with the zoomed in glares and smiles.

This. A mashup of mario kart moments of Luigi taking out racers to flight of the valkyrie... at the end it just says "Year of Luigi ends when HE wants it to."

MisterHero

What if, alongside my original Super Luigi Galaxy theory, that this game actually takes place in Baby Mario's time? That's why there's so many babies. All the grown up characters are there to decide who will change the future forever.

This epic race ends with Baby Luigi constantly being in 2nd place. Adult Luigi has come back to help his younger self win and thus take control of the future (and by extension, the universe).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The debris from the shell is casting shadows on luigi

goddamn nintendo

I know, right? I have tried to see if the coins reflect the characters driving by because the coins reflect the track itself but havent gotten any good shots

Top Bottom