• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson teases 'huge announcement' for Xbox BC on November 12th [Edit: Nope]

etta

my hard graphic balls
Considering he was responding to a question about what game he was most looking forward to coming to backwards compatibility, I would be very surprised if it was anything else.
🤔 we gotta DetectiveGAF what Xbox 360 game Larry likes enough and that isn't already BC.
Larry does love Mass Effect, so 2 and 3 alongside multi-disc digital would fit.

Jawmuncher

It's probably just more popularly requested games

With Red Dead BC, and Skryrim having a remaster. Seems like the biggest titles are already accounted for. Like the current top 20 games are really rather redundant at this point. Bolded games that are BC now or Remastered. Can see any of the games here being worth hyping up a huge announcement.

Black Ops 2
Skyrim - Remastered
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Mass Effect 3
GTA IV
Mass Effect 2
Batman: Arkham City
BioShock Infinite
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Assassin's Creed III
Battlefield 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
GTA V
Oblivion
Halo 4
Halo 3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
BioShock

Sadly either this or multi-disc games on the marketplace are probably the likely reveal.

Would love a 60fps NG2 with the original stair section.

Digital Releases of multi-disc games would probably be able to count as a "huge" announcement.

Aswitch

Please be PC support. I'd be so happy

I WOULD FUCKING FREAK!!! I'd be that weird person that would play Counter Strike on the OG Xbox and Halo 2 Multiplayer JUST for the Nostalgia LOL......but i would think it would just be the Single Player components. Not going to get my hopes up for multiplayer.

The Flash

Banned
No stop ✋ don't you mess with our faux hype train ��.

With Red Dead BC, and Skryrim having a remaster. Seems like the biggest titles are already accounted for. Like the current top 20 games are really rather redundant at this point. Bolded games that are BC now or Remastered. Can see any of the games here being worth hyping up a huge announcement.

I'm open to being wrong but I'm not getting my hopes up either.

When you figure out a way to emulate the cell processor on the PS4 CPU make sure to give Sony a call. :)

Anyways my first thought for this was original XBOX BC.

Screw PS3. I bought a million PSOne games that should work on PS4. Ps3, PS Vita, PS TV, he'll even PSP can run them.

Sony.... Just do it, ASAP

I'll limit my expectations to 360 games that aren't on the service yet. I'd love OG Xbox or PC support but I think that's setting hopes too high.

They've hit a lot of the big favourites but November 2016 is the 10 year anniversary of Sonic 06.

I'm struggling to think of a title worthy of hyping.

I would love og Xbox support but would publishers have to sign off on making their games backwards compatible like they seemingly have to now? Seems like that would limit a lot of it.

My guess is a massive dump of titles being added all at once.

Xbox anniversary is the 15th.

Announce on the 12th to launch 3 days later. Makes sense.

Well done. I think that's it.

Original Xbox launched on November 15th 2001. 15 years later - to the day - it will be a part of Xbox One.

WZXCFmE.gif

KageMaru

Phil said top fan requests are coming to BC in November
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/793946964257689600

Do we have a list of top requested titles? I don't really keep up on BC news.

Screw PS3. I bought a million PSOne games that should work on PS4. Ps3, PS Vita, PS TV, he'll even PSP can run them.

Sony.... Just do it, ASAP

Yeah I'd be happy enough if they ported over their PSone emulator. I have a ton of PSone games purchased on the PS3.

etta

my hard graphic balls
But wait N7 day is a week before this "announcement", so wouldn't ME2/3 get announced on N7 more likely?

It won't be PC support guys, it's one of the best features of the Xbox console. Besides, if it was PC, it would be behind the Windows Store so then the cycle begins again:

*Microsoft giff your games on PC you bitches
*Microsoft puts games on PC
*Ewww Microsoft you douchbags Windows Store hisss booo you can keep your games, fuckers

It will be OG Xbox probably.
You should take a look at Origin, as an example of how a publisher went from having a universally reviled not-Steam to a platform that only the most hardcore of Valve stans still hate.

It's not because it's not-Steam, it's because it's shit. Ridiculous patch sizes. Downloading errors that cause huge re-downloads. Poor DX12 performance on early titles. Uncompetitive pricing. Lack of admin options.

Origin is none of those things and EA put a lot of time and effort into making the platform as not-irritating as possible.

But I suspect you already know this.

Anyway, OG XBOX on XB1 or 360 on PC would be great.

Dsyndrome

If they announce OG Xbox, Shenmue better be the first damn thing out of their mouths.

Most likely the remaining 360 CoD games though. 🙁

It's got to be Original Xbox. Spencer said OG Xbox was on his wishlist and it's a "big" thing for an anniversary too.

If so, I'm buying an X1 again.

Even Xbox 360 couldn't do back comp with OG Xbox very well. OG Xbox's consoles didn't age well with faulty disc drives and leaky caps, and it never got a slim revision.
Another reason to do this is it will add more games to X1's library (in a way).

Tirod

I honestly just want a big rollout of lots of BC titles.

Still waiting on Civ Rev and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

M3d10n

I skipped the 360, so there's a large amount of games I would instantly buy of they brought 360 "virtual console" to PC, like Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, Silpheed, etc.

But I suppose there would be tons of licensing issues, due to publishing agreements probably not foreseeing this. So I guess OG Xbox is more likely.

Welfare

I honestly just want a big rollout of lots of BC titles.

Still waiting on Civ Rev and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
Civ Rev would be my "That is enough for me" game. Would love to sink more hours in that since we won't get another console Civ game :(

Top Bottom