• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

Yoday

A free Destiny and CoD AW theme for everyone, that's nice. Hopefully more themes start to pop up for free with PS+ like they would do on the PS3.

USC-fan

Banned
Really liking these new live stream features. Wonder if you follow someone on twitch do you still need to follow on ps4 too?

newsguy

When are they going to fix the HDMI audio issue? The only way I get true 5.1 is through optical. If I try via HDMI it only outputs 2.1 no matter what I tell it.

Jaxx

Banned
Is there a list of themes being added to the store? I'm hoping for a good halloween or Journey theme.

Lucifon

Hopefully that clock in background is real time clock. Anyways, if this theme comes to EU. Going to buy it.

Considering the time on the clock doesn't match the time in the top right I'd say it's not.

Been using Plex through the web browser on mine, works flawlessly.

Second video file I threw at it wouldn't play. WiiU however played the exact same file through the browser from Plex perfectly fine. I've never had a file that wouldn't play on the WiiU browser through Plex.

Mikey Jr.

The fact that they don't advertise pause downloads makes me hopefully for lots of small annoyances that they don't bother to mention.

killatopak

Gold Member
No, those were revealed at TGS with the Toro dynamic theme. I really hope that theme becomes available with this update; it is pretty great.

Toro-theme.gif

This is really neat!

Catdaddy

When do they usually roll out the upgrade? Off work tomorrow afternoon and while I want the enhancements, don't want to sacrifice an afternoon of updating and possible issues with the patch. I know that rarely happens
*cough*

Loving the update.

Today has been a pretty good gaming day. SO getting good reviews which should make Insomniac happy, MS is going balls to the proverbial wall with pricing which I'm sure the devs are happy about (and people waiting to upgrade as well)

And this update comes tomorrow with some alwek features and a great indication that the big updates will contain big features (and hopefully more sword themed naming conventions)

Its a damn fine Monday.

Now all I need is a Wild ARMs related announcement.

Here's hoping for a stealth Remote Play fix for PSTV and some Remote Play improvements for Vita.

If they are adding in four play support I imagine there has to be a fix.

Yoday

The fact that they don't advertise pause downloads makes me hopefully for lots of small annoyances that they don't bother to mention.
Yeah, I'm hoping that removing items from the Library (demos and betas) is in there as part of the sorting options. I kind of doubt it, but I'm hopeful.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
jeez this update is huge. next few will definitely be stability upfates I'm sure. Then another minor update with a few new features probably. This is how it will be from now on I guess.
It was done this way for PSP, PS3,and PS VITA so I don't see why players expected Sony to change their modus operandi just because you have to pay for PS+ to get online on the PS4 or because the PS4 is selling well.

Ramza

Banned
Here's hoping for a stealth Remote Play fix for PSTV and some Remote Play improvements for Vita.

If they are adding in four play support I imagine there has to be a fix.

Considering the Vita and PS TV are getting firmware updates to coincide with this, I'd expect some fixes for both.

What's the big deal about pausing and resuming downloads?

My friend tried to play BF4 with me last night, but was downloading the DLC maps for it at the same time, which resulted in him lagging everywhere and not being able to play. He had to leave and wait for his download to finish, when he should have just been able to pause it.

But rejoice, he will never have to suffer the same fate again.

Krakn3Dfx

Pause and resume downloads? MEGATON!

Considering the time on the clock doesn't match the time in the top right I'd say it's not.

Second video file I threw at it wouldn't play. WiiU however played the exact same file through the browser from Plex perfectly fine. I've never had a file that wouldn't play on the WiiU browser through Plex.

That's weird, I haven't had anything not play on it yet, all the work is done by the Plex server, transcoding, etc., so the PS4 browser shouldn't have any effect on what will play and what won't.

daveo42

Banned
Anyone else thinking about powering down tonight in the offhand chance they need to recall this update? I'm sure it'll be fine, but this is one hell of a massive update for the system.

NickFire

I hope the PS4 lets you connect to a tablet wirelessly even if you connect to the net via wired connection. I also would really like the ability to hide the beta's out of sight.

Top Bottom