• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

I'm so happy that the ability to pause and resume downloads is now available. Now we won't have to hear about it in practically every PS4 thread. The next step is friend notifications.

Wereroku

That isn’t true is it? Doesn’t it automatically stop downloads going on to prioritise the online game? Same as if you turn off your PS4 while downloading, it stops it automatically until you log on again.

Nope it will keep going in the background. It can cause some lag if you don't have the best bandwidth.

Ban Puncher

2376216-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

Stability 2.0

Looks amazing, can't wait. Those new streaming features are great. Gotta buy that camera one day, maybe when my internet improves.

aember

whats wrong with the messaging?

Sometimes (fairly often from my experience) it takes minutes to load up new messages, which is pretty ridinky-donk.

Hover's around 97-99% for awhile before sending the message off.

I wouldn't say that that's too much of an issue. As soon as you click Send and the progress bar appears you can just double click the PS button to go back to your game and enjoy your experience.

Bakoery

Clearly you haven't been using it, lol.

Searching PSN for a name to message, adding/removing people from friend list, receiving messages but taking minutes (or days) to be able to actually see them....

It's a giant clusterfuck right now.

Have no problems here

Pennywise

Searching PSN for a name to message, adding/removing people from friend list, receiving messages but taking minutes (or days) to be able to actually see them....

Yeah, everything but messages are fine for me.
However the messages take ages to send and recieve them...it's really a pain sometimes.

Cornbread78

PS Vita and PS TV Update

Also available tonight is a new system software update (v3.35) for PS Vita and PS TV, which includes 4-player Remote Play support for PS TV, as well as the Live from PlayStation app, which allows you watch game streams from PS4 on both your PS Vita and PS TV devices. A full features list and instructions for updating PS Vita and PS TV can be found here after the update goes live.

Hell fucking yeah. Live entertainment right on my VITA while my wife watches stupid TLC shows....

This is awesome; bring on the European strippers!

EDIT: Can I stream myself on the LIVE app with teh front camera on my Vita? Not becaues I want to, but just because I want to knwo if I can...

I just thought of another feature that I hope made it in. The option to check for a game update manually without starting the game.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781

lolwut?

CREMSteve

Have no problems here

Since Destiny came out, it's been unbearable. Worked perfectly prior. Doesn't matter if it's the PS4 or the PSN app, you'll get a notification that you have a message, but won't actually see it until it finally loads in later on.

Ramza

Banned
Since Destiny came out, it's been unbearable. Worked perfectly prior. Doesn't matter if it's the PS4 or the PSN app, you'll get a notification that you have a message, but won't actually see it until it finally loads in later on.

Yeah, it's been pretty bad.

Bold One

anyone ever say why this is the case?

Since the release of Destiny, there seems to be a slow down in the OS

biteren

Hell fucking yeah. Live entertainment right on my VITA while my wife watches stupid TLC shows....

This is awesome; bring on the European strippers!

EDIT: Can I stream myself on the LIVE app with teh front camera on my Vita? Not becaues I want to, but just because I want to knwo if I can...

this is what i could afford, theyre rentals

pole-dancing-robots.gif

im most hyped up for the usb music thing! i need to make a list of the most mismatched collection of music to play AW to.

Mine does this automatically when I turn my PS4 on. Do you have your auto-updates on?

I'm talking about the first time you put a new game in. Start the game and THEN it begins downloading an update. Quit game, wait for update to finish downloading, reboot game. That little song and dance is ridiculous. Just went through it last night with Driveclub.

Cess007

I don't message that much from the PS4 (i mostly use the app), but when i use it, it don't really take that much. I wonder if it's a bug after a certain amount of message or something like that. It sounds dreadful :/

CREMSteve

anyone ever say why this is the case?

Since the release of Destiny, there seems to be a slow down in the OS

Not that I've been actively looking for it, but I've not seen one single mention of it in the media or on twitter. So I'm not holding my breath here.

This day is shaping up to be amazing.

Sunset reviewing well, pause and resume downloads on PS4 and I found a nutella dip and go cup at lunch time.

#blessed #amazingday #youdungoodbigguy

Ramza

Banned
Not that I've been actively looking for it, but I've not seen one single mention of it in the media or on twitter. So I'm not holding my breath here.

They probably haven't mentioned it because it will be backend improvements and wouldn't require a firmware update.

Do the mp3s need to stay on the USB or can I upload them onto my PS4 HDD?

They stay on the USB. I have a feeling it's due to the weird partitioning system the PS4 uses.

Top Bottom