• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

Once I confirm which YT account I want to link to my PSN account it just goes into a sign up loop. Annoying.

Strange thing is, I signed into the new PS4 YT app with my primary YT account without being prompted which account I wanted to use. It just signed me in automatically. So I am assuming accounts are connected but something is just not working as regards to direct YT uploads.

I've manahed to log into the Youtube app and upload a video to Youtube. No problems here

Ryuuga

Banned
Also messages STILL forever to update and send for me. The most I wanted out of this update was a boost in performance, but I guess even that was too much to ask.

Also stuck in rest mode. :-( I hope this doesn't continue.

Try these things (after unplugging it, obviously).

1) Put it in rest mode, but make sure you leave your TV on until the orange bar comes on your console.

2) Turn the "stay connected to internet" rest mode feature off, and enter rest mode. See if that works, then turn it back on and see if it still works.

I did both of those things and it's okay now, but I don't know which (if either) of them "fixed" it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My PSN Friend List finally works! I'ts blazing fast now! @__@

#TeamDarkBlueTheme

Loudninja

Is this in the EU Blog my good man? If possible send me the link, please. Thank you for your good work on delivering these news. Also, is the FAQ in the Share Play thread also mentioned by them?
Thanks it wasn't really me me though real it was others posting this stuff like FeiRR.

This isn't from the blog btw.

J 0 E

Amazing update with a lot of requested features including Share Play which works perfectly most of the time but I didn't like the accounts region restriction

Have you tried using Share Play with an account from a different region?

GVA1987

Try these things (after unplugging it, obviously).

1) Put it in rest mode, but make sure you leave your TV on until the orange bar comes on your console.

2) Turn the "stay connected to internet" rest mode feature off, and enter rest mode. See if that works, then turn it back on and see if it still works.

I did both of those things and it's okay now, but I don't know which (if either) of them "fixed" it.

Thankyou!

shield

It's probably already been asked somewhere in here, but is there any way to remove stuff from your Library like the Battlefield Hardline and Destiny betas?

FeiRR

Banned
Is this in the EU Blog my good man? If possible send me the link, please. Thank you for your good work on delivering these news. Also, is the FAQ in the Share Play thread also mentioned by them?

I was reading quickly through release notes. Here's a screenshot of those in English. You can get them before you agree to install the update.
DhLqwq9.jpg

How will they change?

Can Twitch be used for private broadcasts? Seems like the only way it would be preferable to use share play for something like spectating matches, If clans want to discuss strategy or something without anyone else being privy to their discussions. Also voice chat is a bit easier, although its not hard to pull up Skype on a computer.

biteren

i also had a issue getting my ps4 to turn back on from rest mode, i did a turn off from holding the power button down, then it told me the ps4 was turned off incorrectly. was very strange and worring

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Could be cause there aren't many people online atm either. (updating or stuck in rest mode?)

Im sure the servers are getting hammered.... which is something that PSN doesnt like too much!

shareplay works
but you need a testable upload speed in excess of 768 kbit possibly twice that nor sure. Definitely under 768kbit, blocks hosting,

if latency is a factor, control is drunken. duh. nobody is gonna platinum anything on west coast to east coast.

video quality settings are medium or high. medium is blurry but not macro blocked to hell and frame rate is honest.

Of course it does. Even though Sony didn't want to recommend any particular connection speeds when using SharePlay, they do recommend an upload of 1mbps for RemotePlay, which uses the same tech. So I will assume anything below that will not yield the best results.

Gazkapop

Anyone know if there's a way to delete games that you no longer have installed from the library? I don't need to know that I played the Battlefield Hardline beta or Destiny Alpha months ago.

Amazing update with a lot of requested features including Share Play which works perfectly most of the time but I didn't like the accounts region restriction

Have you tried using Share Play with an account from a different region?

Hm, what do you mean region and account. My account is US, but in Australia I did share play with an Australian PSN+ person.

it was crap, because they had to use mobile internet to get over the upload cap most people here have, and then latency killed the experience. But it worked. Sort of.

Share play won't be a toy for 95% of australian users, excepting those lucky enough to be on fiber.

Also messages STILL forever to update and send for me. The most I wanted out of this update was a boost in performance, but I guess even that was too much to ask.
That's not promising. My issues that I hope this update fixes:
- Friends list doesn't show up sometimes, gives error. Have to turn off/turn on, sign out/sign in.
- Messages sometimes coming in late.

I really hope these issues are refined. It's nice that I have to ask Sony to fix minor bugs like this a year into the system's release.
tumblr_mzmcrqA5Gb1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Of course it does. Even though Sony didn't want to recommend any particular connection speeds when using SharePlay, they do recommend an upload of 1mbps for RemotePlay, which uses the same tech. So I will assume anything below that will not yield the best results.

I know why, I just didn't know whether they would run a test and block, or just let people try and fail with pixellation.

So they run a test. Which is good. But based on some reports, the test is too generous because it does not block high latency and marginally acceptable uploads are allowed but the picture is too poor..

Why is the touchpad still used for fuck all in the PS4 OS? What a waste of valuable controller realestate.

-I should be able to quickly slid around left to right along my main bar.
-When over my friends list icon, scrolling up and down on the touch pad should scroll my friends list. I shouldn't have to click on the icon to then go into the list to then have to move up and down with the analog stick
-Clicking the touch pad should be a X button press

Nesther

In your library you can sort by most recently used.

That only applies to the library though.

Navigating through my home screen, whenever I go to TV/Video it forces me to see IGN and Vidzone, and Youtube is at the bottom. They really need to fix that. There's no reason for me to see apps on the homescreen that I don't even have installed.

I'm surprised not many are talking about Share Play.

What? The update dropped in the middle of the early morning, just a few hours ago. Its not like we have had multiple days of people setting up and planning to shareplay and comment on it.

It takes 2 to tango with SharePlay, a host and a guest, so its not like everyone can try it and comment on it without a host/guest to work with them.

These YT errors are starting to piss me off. Everything else about the update is amazing but goddammit let me link my damn YT account!
I should have known YT integration would lead to headaches..

If you use share play as a guest for a game you don't have, it leaves a full size game icon in your XMB as a memento :)
which of course can't be run.
cute.

Top Bottom