• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

Try these things (after unplugging it, obviously).

1) Put it in rest mode, but make sure you leave your TV on until the orange bar comes on your console.

2) Turn the "stay connected to internet" rest mode feature off, and enter rest mode. See if that works, then turn it back on and see if it still works.

I did both of those things and it's okay now, but I don't know which (if either) of them "fixed" it.

Just going to quote this for the new page. If your PS4 isn't turning on from Rest Mode, and your orange bar constantly pulses, try these things and see if they fix it.

Gacha-pin

∧_∧ 
( ・ Ψ・) finally, got toro & kuro on my PS4 menu...a bit pricy though.

XzPopO2.jpg

FwehBak.jpg

Boke1879

Rest Mode isn't realiable. Sometimes you won't be able to turn your ps4 back on from it.

Honestly this is terrible. This is why Sony needs to move their FW team to the US and employ people who are much more skilled in this area.

Seriously get a team in the west that can pump out updates and bug test them at the same time. Hell even hire a third party company to do it.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Stream quality seems to have dramatically improved. I avoided Live from Playstation before because of the gross compression but now it looks great. Not sure if it's a change on my end or the update.

Stream quality seems to have dramatically improved. I avoided Live from Playstation before because of the gross compression but now it looks great. Not sure if it's a change on my end or the update.

good because I noticed ages ago that watching the same stream on playstation live and a laptop in the twitch browser, on the same internet connection, the twitch web stream had much better quality. So something was up there.

Paganmoon

I've got 3 people online (on the Playstation App), lots offline, and 2 that are marked with a yellow dot. Online but inactive/afk? that's new right?

buckeye13

Banned
I know it's petty, but I can't believe that we are still confined to the same limited gamer pics for our avatar, that were available on the ps3.

Mengetsu

Everything is working ok so far but me linking my Youtube account to share my videos it just signs in but then ask me to sign in again at the share clip menu. I dont dare use rest mode now till the issue is resolved.

Pretty good update from what Iv seen so far.

The hold PSbutton for certain notifications works well,if just a bit slow to get to the item in question,theres a notable 2-3 second pause when going to trophies for me.

The youtube app is a godsend as I found using the Youtube TV option in browser to be a poor substitute for a dedicated app, still unable to link my account though.

I haven't been able to get the USB music player to work, not sure if its my memory stick or my file formats.

Finally being able to pause downloads is great,being able to cut down the game/app list to 15 is good though iv since reverted back to the big long list because I just seem to prefer it to going through the library and themes are a nice yet fairly uninteresting addition for me.

Sure,these features aren't as great or exciting as the "System software stability during use of some features has been improved" updates,but i suppose itl do.

Everything is working ok so far but me linking my Youtube account to share my videos it just signs in but then ask me to sign in again at the share clip menu. I dont dare use rest mode now till the issue is resolved.

Is rest mode a widespread issue?

We really need a thread just for it, if so.

I put mine in Rest Mode when I left for work this morning since I didn't see anyone mentioning it in the thread until I got to work.

Dragon

Banned
So it still tries to download everything at once, now you can just manually go through and pause things. This is still worse than the PS3 that would only download one thing at once. We should at least have an option.

darkwing

I put mine in Rest Mode when I left for work this morning since I didn't see anyone mentioning it in the thread until I got to work.

Isn't rest mode like standby mode? No problems for me since it was called standby

Vroadstar

Rest mode is very reliable for me, Youtube is working great and vids are automatically in HD, Got 3 free themes and most of all, Shareplay is awesome! It's a game changer in my opinion

This update is golden - sorry for those experiencing issues. What I did when the update installed was to turn off my PS4 and unplug, waited a couple of minutes, then boom everything is working as advertised.

Mengetsu

I'm just personally scared because I've seen more than 5 people here talk about it. I may not have the issue but i don't wanna have to unplug my PS4 and hurt it.

Top Bottom