• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

Rest mode is very reliable for me, Youtube is working great and vids are automatically in HD, Got 3 free themes and most of all, Shareplay is awesome! It's a game changer in my opinion

This update is golden - sorry for those experiencing issues. What I did when the update installed was to turn off my PS4 and unplug, waited a couple of minutes, then boom everything is working as advertised.

Yeah, the YT app is pretty awesome. No buffering or anything, plays in the highest quality automatically, nice layout, speedy.

The only thing I dislike about it is the text bar for manual searching.

Dragon

Banned
Live from Playstation will randomly show games in different languages. No Evil Within but people are streaming Psycho Break. :jnc

How do you change the color of your background? Feeling real dumb here. Oops, never mind. Found it.

I don't think themes are live until the Store updates this afternoon. Which is pretty dumb IMO.

Vashetti

Banned
Now that I've had some time to mess around with the OS, they've refined a lot, and visually, everything looks awesome.

However, there's nothing really huge here, for me at least. It wasn't worth the wait and I don't think it deserves the big 2.00 title. This is a 1.90 update at most.

Hope we hear something about PS1/PS2 emulation soon. Also when can we sort Trophies by game name, and view them offline?

Cool little thing, if you at the time of your youtube upload click the twitter and facebook box. The video will show up on your facebook and twitter feed, embedded on both.

Kyoufu

Now that I've had some time to mess around with the OS, they've refined a lot, and visually, everything looks awesome.

However, there's nothing really huge here, for me at least. It wasn't worth the wait and I don't think it deserves the big 2.00 title. This is a 1.90 update at most.

Hope we hear something about PS1/PS2 emulation soon. Also when can we sort Trophies by game name, and view them offline?

SharePlay alone warrants the 2.0 title. It's really good.

Yep after spending some time with it i like this update .
Waiting for the 2.01 update that will fix "rest mode" , untill then it's turned off .
Thankfully the ps4 loads quite fast so it isn't an issue

ICPEE

Someone please tell me how to get to the fucking Themes on the Playstation Store please.
!!!
Under which section is themes?

Jburton

Banned

Share play is huge.

Easily a 2.0 update

Vlodril

Exporting to youtube worked fine(after the third time :p). 720p for some reason and not 1080p which is something i would like fixed. nice quality nonetheless especially when you compare it with the twitch crap.

Also everything is super fast now. trophies , friend list whats new everything. nice work.

Haxxona

Banned
Where do I find the themes? The store doesnt have a category for that
Exporting to youtube worked fine(after the third time :p). 720p for some reason and not 1080p which is something i would like fixed. nice quality nonetheless especially when you compare it with the twitch crap.

Also everything is super fast now. trophies , friend list whats new everything. nice work.
Its 720p because that is the current maximum that the ps4 records at

Rest mode is very reliable for me, Youtube is working great and vids are automatically in HD, Got 3 free themes and most of all, Shareplay is awesome! It's a game changer in my opinion

This update is golden - sorry for those experiencing issues. What I did when the update installed was to turn off my PS4 and unplug, waited a couple of minutes, then boom everything is working as advertised.
Where do you get the free themes?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
That's not promising. My issues that I hope this update fixes:
- Friends list doesn't show up sometimes, gives error. Have to turn off/turn on, sign out/sign in.
- Messages sometimes coming in late.

I really hope these issues are refined. It's nice that I have to ask Sony to fix minor bugs like this a year into the system's release.

Works better than ever for me :3

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Now we need full media to usb functionality, PS1 and PS2 software emulation, custom wallpaper backgrounds, actually being able to save your files on the PS4 harddrive, suspend resume, DNLA, share button allowing PNG files up to 1080p...anything i'm missing?

Noticed a timer on the whats new section for live broadcasts. A Friend was streaming Black Flag and it showed a coundown lower right. Dont remember seeing it before. I knew it timed out and sent you to Live but first time seeing the clock for me

Oh. My. God.

My controller actually turns off after 10 minutes of no use. I believe this is the first time its reliably happened since I got the damned ps4. This is a megaton for me, for sure.

Also the flow lines disappear when the controller is off. Cool.

Edit: holy fuck is the psn store quick. That shit is instant now. Amazing.

Oni Jazar

Some name changes I've noticed:

Standby Mode is now Rest Mode
Parental Controls is now Censorship
Display Settings is now Aesthetic Settings
Account Settings is now Person Settings
Remote Play is now Beam to Device
Share is now Show Off
System Update is now Improve Stability

This has to be a bug. Those changes sound awful.

Atedos

Yeah, the YT app is pretty awesome. No buffering or anything, plays in the highest quality automatically, nice layout, speedy.

The only thing I dislike about it is the text bar for manual searching.

I can't Sign In with new YouTube app for some reason (don't remember error code).

biteren

anyone know how to do the USB music thing? ive been looking for it like crazy

EDIT: found out, guess it doesnt like my USB stick

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
My consoles stuck in rest mode with the orange light flashing unable to turn on, I guess that's bugged as well.

Mine does this about 50% of the time since I upgraded my HD.

Top Bottom