• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

Jaxx

Banned
Can someone stuck in rest mode actually give this a go and see which of these, if either, fixes the issue? If it does, I'll start a new thread for people.

Wouldn't doing those things negate any reason for using "rest" mode? The point of it is to access the Internet.

Bold One

Get a USB stick, create a folder and name it "music" and then put all your mp3s in there. Once done, stick it to the PS4's usb and it will read it automatically and you will see a new tile on your home screen once it reads your USB stick.

One neat thing I found, while playing a game, just do a long press of PS button you can then access the USB music interface pretty cool and a nice touch.

thats awesome, thanks :D

Played a with a gaffer from Canada on tower fall, he was hosting and I am based in Ireland, worked very well for transatlantic.

Very impressed.

That's really good to hear. I'm going to test it out later with a friend of mine who is in NYC (I'm in Austria).

324 yen. Free for Japan PS Plus members also apparently for a couple of weeks starting nov 5th I think.

324 yen, roughly 3 US dollars

Thanks for the info, I'm actually rather tempted to buy it.

Wouldn't doing those things negate any reason for using "rest" mode? The point of it is to access the Internet.

I just posted what worked for me. I turned standby internet off, and rest mode worked. Then I turned it back on and it still worked. I don't know if that fixed it, or leaving my TV on through the whole process fixed it, or if it's pure coincidence.

Slixshot

Banned
Right after I updated and I was going through the tutorial of the new shit, my hard drive crashed (it made some funky sounds, then froze). Then it did it's self-scanning thing when I powered back on and now it's running fine. Still, just a heads up to the others who updated to the 2TB seagate hard drive. This might happen to you too.

My PS4 froze on the browser and shut itself down and rebooted, got me worried :S

Is your harddrive the 500gb preinstalled or is yours an updated one?

Oppo

Get a USB stick, create a folder and name it "music" and then put all your mp3s in there. Once done, stick it to the PS4's usb and it will read it automatically and you will see a new tile on your home screen once it reads your USB stick.

One neat thing I found, while playing a game, just do a long press of PS button you can then access the USB music interface pretty cool and a nice touch.

That player has always been there, it's the same system-level one as Music Unlimited.

This is why I think HDD playback of media is somehow tangled with their whole DLNA stack. The codecs and support have clearly been there from day 1, as you can play lots of things via the browser.

banagher

Was playing Driveclub and then went into the What's New section, only to be greeted with a list of other Driveclub streams that i could select and watch.

Really liked that feature.

hey onken.
I'm about to buy ps4 for the sole purpose of being able to play games with my own music :D so the new usb player it's pretty much the reason I'm pulling the trigger. Was going to buy it anyway for Arkham Knight.
Could tell me if the player works for EVERY game? I play Destiny all day, I'd like to know if there's some exception to the rule like PS3, or if the app extends to every title.

edit: was meant as PM XD

mp3 player works perfectly in destiny. It doesn't automatically mute the in-game music though (it seems only driveclub does that)

324 yen. Free for Japan PS Plus members also apparently for a couple of weeks starting nov 5th I think.

Could it be that it excludes Trial Members? I'm still in my 14 day Trial and it isn't free for me :(

Can you download Toro theme with an PS+ trial?

I can't :/

Other than that, I like the new update, no issues so far :) Though I haven't tried Rest Mode yet and confirmed no wallpapers is a bummer D:

I've been going in and out of Rest for the past 30 minutes with no issues.

To the people who reported an issue: did you actually give it time to finish? It seems like it takes a tad longer to prepare for Standby/Rest after the update, and I saw one post mentioned that the yellow light was still pulsing, which means it was still in the process of shutting down..

I'm guessing you can quickly toggle between the YouTube app and your game by double-tapping the PS button like you can between other things, right? I can see that being so useful for guides and such.

DieH@rd

Banned
Seems like it works great between two PS4's better than with Vita. Did they incorporate this into Vita as well or just Playstation TV?

SharePlay is only PS4>PS4 for now, but in its core, it is just Remote Play.

Remote Play supports PS4>Vita [who has to be WiFi], PS4>Xperia [who has to use WiFi] and PS4>PlaystationTV [who has LAN port :D].

Many thanks!

Played Fifa and DC via remote play, works well

10743317_10154798220375346_219393102_n.jpg

:D

leng jai

Trophies load almost instantly now. Prior to this update it would literally spin for over 15 seconds before they appeared on mine.

It's pretty cool how you can play music from a USB and then listen to that music by plugging earphones/headphones into the jack in your controller.

On Demand

Banned
yeah its annoying because you can't close that window, can you? so it continues, *with audio*, while you are trying to find something different to watch.

Yeah I don't get the point of that. Obvious I left the stream because I don't want to see it anymore. Not have it in a corner. Now I have to take an extra step and back out the section and re enter to get rid of it.

Robso

Getting errors all over myself. Can't install the Youtube update file, uploading saves to the cloud gets errors and when I'm on the store I'm told it's down for maintenance when I click the Youtube app.

Also, messages still take too long to send.

I've been going in and out of Rest for the past 30 minutes with no issues.

To the people who reported an issue: did you actually give it time to finish? It seems like it takes a tad longer to prepare for Standby/Rest after the update, and I saw one post mentioned that the yellow light was still pulsing, which means it was still in the process of shutting down..

It was going for over half an hour

panty

Read that Jeffy Rigby thread about how GTA was delayed because 2.00 enables some kind of coprocessor to give free AA, and DLNA functionality.
There's a lot of SDK stuff in there we'll never know about, hence why they names it Masamune.

I'm sorry what

cripterion

Man I gotta say the voice speech recognition works perfectly. It picks up everything you say I and don't even have to force myself to pronounce in a robotic way.

Compared to Kinect where I'm forced to shout "Anna" like 30 times before it brings me the GPS in Forza Horizon 2 it's quite refreshing.

Played Fifa and DC via remote play, works well

10743317_10154798220375346_219393102_n.jpg

Nice. Can the same thing be done on a Vita without the TV stuff? I mean using it as a screen and playing with the DS4?

btkadams

Man I gotta say the voice speech recognition works perfectly. It picks up everything you say I and don't even have to force myself to pronounce in a robotic way.

Compared to Kinect where I'm forced to shout "Anna" like 30 times before it brings me the GPS in Forza Horizon 2 it's quite refreshing.
I have NEVER gotten Anna to pick me up in FH2. I think that might be a game-specific issue, since other voice recognition with kinect seems to work pretty well for me.

Top Bottom