• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

anddo0

Issues so far-

-Corrupted data- had to re-install Injustice from the disc.
-Error message Ws-37504-9, when viewing friends list

About "Rest Mode"- my PS4 now wakes up almost instantly. The old "Standby" feature used to take almost 30 seconds.

where is the YT app?

Read that Jeffy Rigby thread about how GTA was delayed because 2.00 enables some kind of coprocessor to give free AA, and DLNA functionality.
There's a lot of SDK stuff in there we'll never know about, hence why they names it Masamune.

Secret Sauce? :p

Sorry, but rightly or wrongly that sort of talk just sounds awfully familiar. :)

Gazkapop

Now we need full media to usb functionality, PS1 and PS2 software emulation, custom wallpaper backgrounds, actually being able to save your files on the PS4 harddrive, suspend resume, DNLA, share button allowing PNG files up to 1080p...anything i'm missing?

Friend online notifications. The most basic of them all.

Moozo

Weird that they renamed Standby mode.

Why can you STILL not delete notifications? I've got some that are months old and don't even link to anything any more because I've deleted the content.

Playstation Live "favourite channel" and "archives" are pretty big IMO.
archives: if they are easily searchable, will be useful / well used.

Weird that they renamed Standby mode.

Why can you STILL not delete notifications? I've got some that are months old and don't even link to anything any more because I've deleted the content.

You've been able to delete notifications since forever? Just press options on the notification and select delete?

Tripolygon

Banned
I put my PS4 in rest mode and it wont wake up, i force it to shut down and start up, it checked for data error and boot up, i update sound shapes and playroom but when i launch playroom, sound shapes launch instead. Now i'm initializing my PS4.

Can someone stuck in rest mode actually give this a go and see which of these, if either, fixes the issue? If it does, I'll start a new thread for people.

Try these things (after unplugging it, obviously).

1) Put it in rest mode, but make sure you leave your TV on until the orange bar comes on your console.

2) Turn the "stay connected to internet" rest mode feature off, and enter rest mode. See if that works, then turn it back on and see if it still works.

I did both of those things and it's okay now, but I don't know which (if either) of them "fixed" it.

Cudder

Oh. My. God.

My controller actually turns off after 10 minutes of no use. I believe this is the first time its reliably happened since I got the damned ps4. This is a megaton for me, for sure.

Also the flow lines disappear when the controller is off. Cool.

Edit: holy fuck is the psn store quick. That shit is instant now. Amazing.
I'm pretty sure it was that way before because if the controller sensed any motion at all it would reset the 10 minute timer to shutoff. The controller had to be completely still for 10 minutes for it to auto off. I always hated that. If the controller now turns off after 10 minutes of no actual button input, that would be amazing.

My consoles stuck in rest mode with the orange light flashing unable to turn on, I guess that's bugged as well.

Just press and hold the power button for like 10 seconds. It'll beep and turn off. Now Press power again. It'll turn on and you should be good to go after that.

Edit: do you mean you've already updated and now have the issue, or you haven't actually updated yet? Mine had the pulsing orange light before I updated when I got home this morning. I did what I told you to do and it turned on and then installed the update. I have it in rest mode now but haven't tried powering it back up since then.

Fdkn

I've been testing shareplay and it works surprisingly good. I was hosting with a 100/10 connection tho.

When I tried to join my friend with an adsl 10/1 the system told us the connection was to slow for shareplay so I don't know what would be the min requirement for it to work.

EekTheKat

Huh, so the ps4 library bug where the game you pick from the library closes automatically back to the main menu has something to do with the library service on PSN itself after all. It was giving me maintenance messages. Good to know it wasn't something corrupt locally.

ron_bato

Played a with a gaffer from Canada on tower fall, he was hosting and I am based in Ireland, worked very well for transatlantic.

Very impressed.

Sounds great for those that are able to make use of shareplay.

Still stuck with ADSL upload speeds of 0.75 mbps here in my country so shareplay is but a dream for someone like me lol

driver116

I'm pretty sure it was that way before because if the controller sensed any motion at all it would reset the 10 minute timer to shutoff. The controller had to be completely still for 10 minutes for it to auto off. I always hated that. If the controller now turns off after 10 minutes of no actual button input, that would be amazing.

I would like a 5 minute option.

Vroadstar

I don't see any folders on my PS4

or where you joshing me?

Get a USB stick, create a folder and name it "music" and then put all your mp3s in there. Once done, stick it to the PS4's usb and it will read it automatically and you will see a new tile on your home screen once it reads your USB stick.

One neat thing I found, while playing a game, just do a long press of PS button you can then access the USB music interface pretty cool and a nice touch.

Can someone stuck in rest mode actually give this a go and see which of these, if either, fixes the issue? If it does, I'll start a new thread for people.

I tried leaving my TV on, also tried turning HDMI-CEC off. No luck. Although for now, it seems like rest mode works, but turning it on via the ps app kills it

Tsukumo

MP3 player is very slick, keeps playing when launching/exiting games, switching apps etc. Pretty surprised actually.

hey onken.
I'm about to buy ps4 for the sole purpose of being able to play games with my own music :D so the new usb player it's pretty much the reason I'm pulling the trigger. Was going to buy it anyway for Arkham Knight.
Could tell me if the player works for EVERY game? I play Destiny all day, I'd like to know if there's some exception to the rule like PS3, or if the app extends to every title.

edit: was meant as PM XD

Top Bottom