• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Margot Robbie is your Harley Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaika

Perfect choice.

Margot-Robbie.jpg

She should be Supergirl.

jelly

Good choice, think she could pull off that playful tease, straight but crazy persona.

A women with curves, thank god.

Solid casting. This and BvS should shove so much crow down the throats of those that think the Marvel way of world building is the only way to do it.

Such an absurd golden era this is gonna a be for everyone involved.

Penguin

Seems like I should stick to my principal of not sleeping so don't miss news

Interesting.

If nothing else, it should quiet some bellyaching on social media

Kouichi

That's a damn good choice. Will Smith as Deadshot would be even more awesome.

Man, I'm so happy that we're getting a Suicide Squad movie, especially after we got Guardians of the Galaxy not too long ago. My two favorite comic book teams on the big screen.

Penguin

I imagine it will be a costume between the two.

Nothing something extremely revealing, but it will show off some of Robbie's assets

Best Harley.

Edit: And let's be honest. Full body body snuggie Harley would look real dumb.

I guess, if you think that a mentally ill victim of psychological abuse looks best in a slutty outfit that shows off her gams. I don't really agree, though.

EDIT: That's not really fair. I'm not trying to say that's what you like, I more mean that I take issue with her being highly-sexualized for that reason, especially since her entire look, character, and outfit is based around the psychological hold Joker put on her.

Messi

Are there other Harleys? Aside from the impractical all-over spandex one, of course.

It's better if you don't look for others. You will only get hurt.

Although spandex Harley wouldn't work either. It's great in a cartoon/comic and not much else

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I guess, if you think that a mentally ill victim of psychological abuse looks best in a slutty outfit that shows off her gams. I don't really agree, though.

EDIT: That's not really fair. I'm not trying to say that's what you like, I more mean that I take issue with her being highly-sexualized for that reason, especially since her entire look, character, and outfit is based around the psychological hold Joker put on her.

Maybe Warner pulls an X-men By Fox and comes up with an entirely new costume for her!

I'm coming entirely from a visually appealing standpoint. I like her newer looks. They also translate to real life in a way that her older look does not (imo). You also can't hold comics to real world standards (re: issues of mental illness). There isn't a real person we need to "save". Harley, at this point, is less the victim of Jokers manipulations and more the end result of a person who takes moral free impulsiveness to its logical conclusion.

I'm coming entirely from a visually appealing standpoint. I like her newer looks. They also translate to real life in a way that her older look does not (imo). You also can't hold comics to real world standards (re: issues of mental illness). There isn't a real person we need to "save". Harley, at this point, is less the victim of Jokers manipulations and more the end result of a person who takes moral free impulsiveness to its logical conclusion.

That's fair, but it's not really about "saving" Harley. That's dumb. But I do hold comics to some standards, and I just find it a bit more morally repugnant to take a character like Harley and fetishize her. Plus, DC Comics aren't exactly worthy of the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the visual design of their female characters.

I'm glad Harley has moved beyond Joker's abuse. That's really cool. The last time I read a Suicide Squad comic, which was during Death of the Family, she still seemed to be pretty held back in that regard. I have no problem with portraying psychological abuse, though, if it's handled well. It's ENTIRELY the costume or character design by itself that I get wary of.

Kopite

The voice she pulled in Wolf of Wall Street when she was giving Leo blue balls would be a pretty good Harley voice.

Blader

Great casting. I've never been a fan of Harley tbh and have never been clamoring for her and Joker in a movie together (I'm quite fine with leaving Ledger's performance as the last word on that) but I'm getting more and more interested in this movie nonetheless.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
No way will they have so many big names in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom