• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's new (added) mandate is 'Make epic games,' Spider-Man is just the beginning

Some Nobody

Marvel's characters are ripe for video games.

Thor's a fantasy RPG waiting to happen, what with several different "realms" for him to explore. Avengers is your Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3. And Guardians...well, in a perfect world Guardians would be a mix of FFT (for those gigantic scale battles from Annihilation and Conquest) and party-based action games for solo fights.

But honestly...I just want my boy Iron Man in a great game. That's all that matters, really. Preferably with a Hall of Armors that can have customizable loadouts.

Ok Marvel, now gimme Iron Man and Moon Knight games!

Marvel video game universe. Count on it.

Warner Brothers faces the same problem their movie division faced. Will they incorporate Superman with the Arkham universe, or reboot Batman again?

It could be the Arkham Universe but just drop the Arkham brand. It is tired.

Firstly, I'm super excited about the Spidey game and that Insomniac is making it.

Secondly, did the rumors about Spidey/Sucker Punch take form from sources/leaks about a PS4 exclusive Spider-Man game and people, understandably, assumed it was Sucker Punch making it? Or is it still possible that SP is making an exclusive Marvel game? (Daredevil?)

Neoxon

Really? "Make epic games" is the mandate and what you guys want is just a new iteration of pre-existing stuff?
Because the Marvel vs. Capcom series is awesome. The fact that it's still being featured at EVO is a testament to that. Granted, we'd lose a ton of veterans on the Marvel side, & maybe it'd be worth it for Capcom to wait a bit longer for Marvel & Fox to settle their differences. But that aside, it should happen.

TreIII

Time for an expanded remake/successor of the CPS2 classic, "Marvel Super Heroes", Marvel and Capcom.

You can have it out in time when the Infinity Gems arc really gets under way in the movies.

Neoxon

That could very well happen if only Capcom hadn't botched Street Fighter V so bad.
Lack of content aside, Street Fighter V is a solid-ass fighting game. And Capcom's well aware of why it underperformed sales-wise (& it didn't miss the mark by much).

Falchion

Black Widow game in phase 1 of the Marvel Interactive Universe?

Seriously though this is awesome because there could be so many cool projects with the characters they have.

Slaythe

op7pcYD.gif

Aw yess

Maybe a new deadpool game?

I don't think you legit could have worse hopes if you tried.

No Xmen and Deadpool games until Fox gives up the movie rights.

Mesoian

Hopefully that includes Marvel vs. Capcom 4.

Marvel, Disney, & Capcom pls

It won't.

It's all I want.

Lack of content aside, Street Fighter V is a solid-ass fighting game. And Capcom's well aware of why it underperformed sales-wise (& it didn't miss the mark by much).

I think his point is, aftering seeing what Capcom did when Sony foot the bill, why would disney, a company that is completely sheepish on video games in general, offer to foot that bill again?

Really? "Make epic games" is the mandate and what you guys want is just a new iteration of pre-existing stuff?

Seeing as the "pre-existing stuff" was the greatest comic book playground in video game form every created, yes.

In fact, you can keep the Capcom characters. I'd kill for a 2016 edition of Marvel super heroes.

Squire

Banned
TT is gonna get something really narrative focused. If they gave Spidey to Insomniac, they're not going to have TT do Avengers.

Freeman

Banned
Avengers coop-game where you face different challenges and can compare results with what other teams managed to do.

Quotient

I know Sony has the rights for the Spiderman movies, i didn't realise those rights also extended to the games.

I honestly am surprised that a Marvel franchise, such as Spiderman, would be exclusive to a single console platform.

Dabanton

About time, I mean Marvel has a rich IP lineup. Just seeing them doing Lego games (as successful as those were) was a bit surprising .

Give me a Heros for Hire game in the vein of Arkham City and a Wolverine game by Platinum.

I own all consoles, but feel its a real bummer for those who don't own a PS4. Insomniac is such an amazing dev, very few misses and you can just tell this one is gonna be magic. I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Neoxon

About time, I mean Marvel has a rich IP lineup. Just seeing them doing Lego games (as successful as those were) was a bit surprising .

Give me a Heros for Hire game in the vein of Arkham City and a Wolverine game by Platinum.
As stated earlier, Wolverine's banned from appearing in games made after Contest of Champions. The closest you'll get is a Black Panther game.

Gurish

Amazing news, sounds like Marvel are starting to put some big money on consoles like they did with cinema, Spiderman seems like a big production AAA, not just a cheap cash in.

Top Bottom