• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's new (added) mandate is 'Make epic games,' Spider-Man is just the beginning

styl3s

I know Sony has the rights for the Spiderman movies, i didn't realise those rights also extended to the games.

I honestly am surprised that a Marvel franchise, such as Spiderman, would be exclusive to a single console platform.
Do we have absolute conformation this will only be on PS4 and it isn't timed exclusive and is coming to PC?

Maybe this isn't even the only spider-man game maybe this is Sony's exclusive for all me know Sucker Punch could be working on the Home Coming game that is multiplatform. Frankly, i am fucking ready for some great Marvel games i would kill to have a great avengers game or captain america game or a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Marvel Legends style game and no i don't mean that crappy online one which i would be shocked if that doesn't hit consoles in the next year.

Instro

Been waiting to hear Marvel say this. It made no sense that we had all this other Marvel stuff and no good games. Particularly when you see stuff like the Arkham games.

Neoxon

Been waiting to hear Marvel say this. It made no sense that we had all this other Marvel stuff and no good games. Particularly when you see stuff like the Arkham games.
Marvel vs. Capcom, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, & Lego Marvel/Lego Avengers say hi.

TreIII

So basically you guys want Marvel Super Heroes 2 made by Capcom.

This is what I've been saying since even before MvC3 was a thing.

But especially if they really are serious about a true "Marvel Gaming-verse", then the time for a legit MSH2 and they can just go wild with the roster (or within Marvel's rules, anyway), is what I most want to see.

Do we have absolute conformation this will only be on PS4 and it isn't timed exclusive and is coming to PC?

Maybe this isn't even the only spider-man game maybe this is Sony's exclusive for all me know Sucker Punch could be working on the Home Coming game that is multiplatform. Frankly, i am fucking ready for some great Marvel games i would kill to have a great avengers game or captain america game or a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Marvel Legends style game and no i don't mean that crappy online one which i would be shocked if that doesn't hit consoles in the next year.
Sony's publishing the game. It's exclusive.

It's 100% exclusive to the PS4 and published by SIE.

Neoxon

So no MvsC4 or rerelease of to the old ones on PSN either... Sigh.
Epic is another word for awesome. And judging by the fact that UMvC3 is still a tournament staple (albeit slightly less so than before due to its age), the series is definitely awesome. Keep hope alive, & maybe we can get Marvel to lift the stupid X-Men/F4 ban in time for MvC4 if we make enough noise.

Some Nobody

Marvel vs. Capcom, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, & Lego Marvel/Lego Avengers say hi.

- If you don't want a "LEGO-ized" version of your favorite characters
- Don't like fighting games, specifically unapproachable ones like MvC

You're left with MUA1. Okay then.

Neoxon

Long combos aside, MvC is pretty damn approachable. Near-universal strings (more so in MvC3/UMvC3 with the L-M-H-S-M-H-S combos) & a simpler button layout compared to the Street Fighter games help with this. There's just extra depth under the surface.....a ton of depth.

Toki767

WB/Netherealm should seize this opportunity and give us a Marvel vs DC fighting game.

It would be on the Injustice engine though. :(

Tizoc

Mvc series have easy input mode
I dont see how the game could be any less approachable

Long combos aside, MvC is pretty damn approachable. Near-universal strings & a simpler button layout compared to the Street Fighter games help with this. There's just extra depth under the surface.....a ton of depth.
You can practically just mash for fun.

Neoxon

WB/Netherealm should seize this opportunity and give us a Marvel vs DC fighting game.

It would be on the Injustice engine though. :(
I'd prefer my Marvel fighting games to last more than 2 years in the FGC, as good as NRS's games are. Only Capcom, Bandai Namco, & Arc System Works are capable of that.

Trup1aya

Cool mandate. marvel has been oozing quality as of late, let's not stop now...

I'm not really digging the Exclusive nature of the Spider-Man title, but if that's what it takes to make a good game, so be it I guess...

Some Nobody

Long combos aside, MvC is pretty damn approachable. Near-universal strings & a simpler button layout compared to the Street Fighter games help with this. There's just extra depth under the surface.....a ton of depth.

You get wrecked by anyone who even kinda knows what they're doing. And then once you get into it, you learn it's an unbalanced trashpile. I'm a scrub, and it wasn't very fun to me. And then I have friends who live and breathe fighting games and they just call it a salt factory and most of them put it down for MKX, KI, or SFV.

IMO, I feel like MvC (3 at least) caters to a very small, specific group of people and doesn't have a lot of appeal beyond that.

Neoxon

Guys, do you want someone at Disney to get fired for accidentally green lighting an X-Men or F4 game?
It'd be a worthy sacrifice. Or better yet, have the person get fired for allowing Capcom to include X-Men & F4 characters in MvC4, now that would be a worthy sacrifice that would last.

Toki767

I'd prefer my Marvel fighting games to last more than 2 years in the FGC, as good as NRS's games are. Only Capcom, Bandai Namco, & Arc System Works are capable of that.

Arc System Works would put out a new version a year later and then another version a year after.

Mesoian

Long combos aside, MvC is pretty damn approachable. Near-universal strings (more so in MvC3/UMvC3 with the L-M-H-S-M-H-S combos) & a simpler button layout compared to the Street Fighter games help with this. There's just extra depth under the surface.....a ton of depth.

Yup.

Marvel 3 is tough to master, but learning the basics takes an hour. The game is super easy to get into.

Arc System Works would put out a new version a year later and then another version a year after.

And I'd buy'em all.

::sigh:: I'll buy'em all.

Stiler

I really really want to see a new X-men action-adventure style game with co-op multiplayer.

Have Wolverine, Gambit, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Angel, Storm, Rogue, all the main x-men characters and have each of them be a playable character.

Give me an Iron Man game with a few open-world areas to do missions in, inFamous-esque controls (with flying instead of climbing)

Give me a level by level Cap beat-em-up.

And, dear Jesus, for the love of God, give me Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Neoxon

I really really want to see a new X-men action-adventure style game with co-op multiplayer.

Have Wolverine, Gambit, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Angel, Storm, Rogue, all the main x-men characters and have each of them be a playable character.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. The closest you'll get to that is an Inhumans game.

Neoxon

Let's be honest, the games would be too awesome to ignore. Granted, Capcom would still be my top choice for a Marvel fighter since they know what to do, but Arc System Works would be my 2nd pick.

Some Nobody

I'm amazed there are that many X-Men fans left. Marvel's spent the better part of a decade pretending like they don't exist outside of the comics, and basically torturing them inside the comics. (Currently, they've been rendered sterile by the same gas that creates the Inhumans, a gas which is also slowly killing every mutant that stays on Earth--so most of them have migrated to Limbo, a slightly less religious version of hell.)

It just goes to show how big these guys would be if Marvel could ever get their hands on them again.

Top Bottom