• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ME3, NG3:RE, Batman, EM2, WO3, BLOPS2, Darksiders 2 have technical issues on Wii U

Hiltz

Here's the basic summary of the comments from various staff of Vigil Games +THQ Montreal Team on porting Darksiders 2 to Wii U dating back to E3 2011:

- June 2011 (Wii U port was already announced at this point) from Vigil technical director Colin Bonstead:

Yeah, just because the hardware is more powerful and it will have some extra features that I think will actually be useful to people playing the game. With it’s controller, [the Wii U version of Darksiders II] might be the best version of the game.

- July 2011 (now in position of 2nd gen dev kits) from Game Director Marvin Donald:

There’s plenty of horsepower there, so we’re not going to have to make any visual concessions at all for Darksiders 2. At a minimum on par (with 360/PS3), for sure. Whether or not we can go one step further, that might be driven by what’s available on the PC and whether or not that is easy to translate to the Wii U hardware, because there are most likely going to be resolution choices for the PC version of the game. We know some gamers are just going to have more horsepower at their disposal. It’s probably going to be the same graphically, regardless of any minor or major horsepower improvements on the Wii U. But, in all honesty, if the Wii U turns out to be this ridiculously powerful machine, we will probably make changes to our budget and scope to take advantage of that. But that’s currently not the plan. It’s going to be a direct port. That’s what we’re planning on. But that’s based off of what we believe the hardware’s going to be like.

We’re definitely going to do the obvious stuff, like making the inventory available and showing maps. But as far as more game oriented elements, more reactionary things or things happening while you’re in combat or while you’re traversing and getting the controller involved in that, I don’t really know. We just haven’t taken that step yet. The first thing we needed to do was get what we had already working and make sure it was solid. There are still some issues we have to work out. The game doesn’t run perfectly on the Wii U as it is now. There are some things we have to deal with. But it’s to be expected because the hardware’s been changing and, also, there’s really no precedent for it.

The last version of the controller [GamePad] we had was literally a giant Game Boy. It was very clunky. The shoulder buttons were really high, so they were out of reach, so you had to shift your hand to use a shoulder button. In the middle of combat that’s just not an option. The controller we saw at E3 was not what we had.

It just worked out so when we thought we’d be done should roughly coincide with the Wii U launch. I’m sure there are going to have to be some adjustments, but it’s a great opportunity to have something like this available on day one for a new console. We like to think a lot of people will pick it up for the Wii U whenever they buy one. I’m sure the Wii U will be very popular. But I’m sure that will be driven by the pricing, too. But Nintendo’s usually relatively inexpensive. We’re excited about that. But because we don’t know exactly when the Wii U is coming out, it’s definitely affecting our release as well.

November 2011 - General Manager David Adams & Technical Director Colin Bonstead:

We got the word from corporate, ‘Can you guys pull this off in time for E3?’ And we were like … sure. We weren’t really sure we could do it [create Darksiders 2 Wii U tech demo]. But once the team got a handle on the Wii U’s foibles, they found it quite accessible.You can tell [by] the way the software’s organised, the way the APIs are written, very shortly it’ll become an easy platform to developer for. From a pure programmer point of view, it’s definitely a lot easier than, say, the PS3 was. It’s probably on par with 360 as far as ease of API, simplicity of how you interact with the hardware.

It probably took us a week to get our base libraries to where we could actually run the game on the console, without any graphics or anything, that’s just getting it booting up. And then there was probably another week and a half of just getting the graphics to a state where you could see something on the screen and we could actually play the game.Start to finish it took us about five weeks, from when we found about it to the last day before the show.

When you work on something on Xbox or PlayStation 3, every problem has been solved, you just need to go search on the newsgroups, or email support. [On Wii U] we were literally finding things and telling Nintendo about them. ‘Hey how does this work?’ ‘Well, I don’t know.’ So we were finding the solutions ourselves sometimes. It was kind of like a new frontier.

March 2012 - from Games Game Director Marvin Donald:

We have limitations based on Nintendo's progress. But, the only problem that's been for us is not having an actual release date. But once we know when Nintendo has committed to a firm date, we will be able to commit to a date for Darksiders 2, but we're planning on it being a launch title, and so far everything's been smooth sailing.We got the game running on their hardware pretty quickly, and the controller's been great to work with. Now it's just down to deciding what we really want to do to make it a unique experience on the Wii U; taking advantage of the extra screen and the touch capability and all that. So, we'll have a few new features for sure, but I think visually, for the most part, it'll be pretty much the same.

So far the hardware's been on par with what we have with the current generations. Based on what I understand, the resolution and textures and polycounts and all that stuff, we're not going to being doing anything to up-rez the game, but we'll take advantage of the controller for sure.

May 2012 - Associate Producer Jay Fitzloff:

The visuals will be the same [as PS3 & Xbox 360]. It's still a work in progress. But I know, at least as good is the way to say it.[Getting Darksiders 2 working on Wii U] is not as challenging as you might think. Getting it working was not any issue on the Wii U. It's just the control scheme. It's new territory. It's a new frontier. It's not getting the game working on the system. It's getting a cool control system that feels correct. And that's where we're at now.

When we first got it up and running, you can have the game download to and run on the GamePad, and everybody was like, that could take a while, little worried. It took a programmer [spent 5 weeks up to E3 to get working version of Darksiders 2] two lines of code in five minutes. Working with it is not difficult. Any game would have their inventory on the controller screen. But even that little simple thing is a big difference because you never have to stop the game on the main screen. That will change people's perceptions because you've never had a game where you didn't have to.

- July 2012 - from Vigil Games Lead designer Haydn Dalton:

It’s going well. Obviously we see builds pretty regularly, and from what they’re doing with the game [THQ Montreal], we’re pretty happy with it, yeah. Oh yeah! It’s the same game, but then obviously we’ll be taking advantage of the unique power that the Wii U has to offer us.

- August 2012 from Ex- Vigil Games UI Designer Xander Davis:

note: Vigil Games accused him of being "let go off for poor performance." Davis was angry at Vigil for not having his name mentioned in the staff credits of Darksiders 2. He did not specifically work on the Wii U port.

Read more on his complaints and details of his involvement while employeed at Vigil Games here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...s-II-Studio-Denies-Missing-Credit-Allegations

I’ve not worked on any Wii U version of anything (luckily). But, y’know, I very early on raised my major concern about this. Anybody buying any Wii U game that’s a port is probably buying it almost exclusively and specifically for how it can play differently through the Wii U’s alleged innovated UI. I’m already a known skeptic on whether the interface paradigm is at all anything but idiotic. But if you’re gonna do it? Fine. Then, you HAVE to do it right. You HAVE to innovate on the UI. You HAVE to enhance game mechanics and gameplay in a MATERIAL way that justifies all the hassle and a $400 Xbox 360 seven years late.

I can’t comment on THQ / Vigil specifically. However, just in general, I doubt any studio or publisher is truly giving it the kind of proper UI design and thinking it deserves. Hell, apparently this is a huge leap for regular triple-A console releases. From what I’m hearing from people who have actually played a Wii U as recently as a month ago, the games pretty much suck and the tablet is pretty much a complete gimmick. Still tethered, not wireless. Maybe publishers can pull off something clever. But won’t it just kind of be clever for a little bit, then not really worth your $60 dollars and just annoying afterwards? Kinect comes to mind. PlayStation Move comes to mind. Motherfucking Wii comes to mind. But, sure, we’ll have to wait and see… I can’t comment on specifics. I can only speculate, but as a UI Designer applying experienced critical thinking to game mechanics UI and the Wii U tablet, none of it makes sense to me to truly add value to gamers, even if you try.

- October 2012 from Lead Designer Haydn Dalton:

Technically, it's [Wii U] one of the easier platforms to develop for. We had our core game up and running on it in a very short amount of time. There were no major problems for us developing the Wii U version, other than making sure we had a dedicated team to do it justice. For a new platform, it was surprisingly easy to port it to the Wii U.

Initially, the base code port was tackled by our internal tech team, but as Darksiders II started to ramp up heavily, we handed ownership over to a separate team at THQ Montreal. The Montreal team sent us regular updates and documentation about how they were going to implement the unique elements of the Wii U's hardware.

piteru

Banned
What I can't understand from gaf is why they have already put the final coffin on wiiu,with the machine being out for a couple of days,with an upcoming e3 full of reveals from all the big3,with a shitty economy worldwide that affects the buying habits of everyone and without having the other two competitive consoles launched.don't get me wrong,I'm and with all the shitty ports of wiiu , but shouldn't we give it some..time?is it more than confirmed that it will fail?or is it set that ps4/x720 wil have perfect launches and destroy everything on their path?

number47

I must be the only one who remembers how bad all launch titles look. ill let all these PORTS pass with their framerate dropping. orange box on ps3.done.

King_Moc

Banned
What I can't understand from gaf is why they have already put the final coffin on wiiu,with the machine being out for a couple of days,with an upcoming e3 full of reveals from all the big3,with a shitty economy worldwide that affects the buying habits of everyone and without having the other two competitive consoles launched.don't get me wrong,I'm and with all the shitty ports of wiiu , but shouldn't we give it some..time?is it more than confirmed that it will fail?or is it set that ps4/x720 wil have perfect launches and destroy everything on their path?

The 360 and PS3 have always looked poor in comparison to PC's, but i don't remember anyone saying they'll fail as a result. Same with the next gen consoles. Wii U will be great for Nintendo games and whatever third party exclusives it gets, only this time it won't look like crap on my TV. End of story.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I must be the only one who remembers how bad all launch titles look. ill let all these PORTS pass with their framerate dropping. orange box on ps3.done.
But the PS3 didn't go on to get the best version of all the multiplatform ports after devs released its untapped potential and it went Super Saiyan. Which is the expectation for the Wii U, for some reason.

number47

But the PS3 didn't go on to get the best version of all the multiplatform ports after devs released its untapped potential and it went Super Saiyan. Which is the expectation for the Wii U, for some reason.

My original point is that new systems are still in a development phase for about two years. I don't get why people think everything will be perfect. This is a new age of technology for gaming,where it has gotten really hard to consistently get no glitching in their games. the wii u is a unique system which requires TWO OUTPUTS WHILE TAKE TWO INPUTS. processing it from a WIRELESS controller. thats insane.

piteru

Banned
The 360 and PS3 have always looked poor in comparison to PC's, but i don't remember anyone saying they'll fail as a result. Same with the next gen consoles. Wii U will be great for Nintendo games and whatever third party exclusives it gets, only this time it won't look like crap on my TV. End of story.
I believe like every nintendo console,we will see the best games coming from nintendo themselves,we ll some some very good exclusives from developers that actually want to try the hardware,we will sure see a lot of crappy ports, but as for the 3rd party support well have to see how the new superhd twins are going to sell before saying that wiiu will not have at least a decent support.apart from wii,who developers lost a very big opportunity, publishers tend to go where the money is.the industry is changing and personally after seeing the juggernaut Sony what kind of problems had/have with ps3/psv I am prepared for everything

omonimo

Banned
My original point is that new systems are still in a development phase for about two years. I don't get why people think everything will be perfect. This is a new age of technology for gaming,where it has gotten really hard to consistently get no glitching in their games. the wii u is a unique system which requires TWO OUTPUTS WHILE TAKE TWO INPUTS. processing it from a WIRELESS controller. thats insane.

The point is about 2 years, when wiiU will have at the best just slight better multiplat (but I'm not guarantee at all imho), ps4 & next xbox will destroy everything on wiiU in the past, in the present & in the future. & yes, Quake 4 & Half life 2 struggle in fps but those are 720p.

Seance

Banned
ill never understand "next gen" being determined by power instead of time.

because who draws the line and where?

the next generation has started. 360 and PS3 are last gen, pretty much.

Time would make sense if these consoles are released at the same time, but the aren't. Next-gen is no more than a pair of buzz words to describe a generational progression in power/feature-set.

Ere-go, WiiU is not a next-gen system.

Time would make sense if these consoles are released at the same time, but the aren't. Next-gen is no more than a pair of buzz words to describe a generational progression in power/feature-set.

This post did not make any damn sense.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired of the power obsession when it comes to consoles. If you want power, buy a PC.

Reiko

Banned
This post did not make any damn sense.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired of the power obsession when it comes to consoles. If you want power, buy a PC.

There's been an abundance of crappier framerates in games compared to last gen.

Maybe with more power we can have optimal framerates.

AzaK

Generational progression? Well Wii U being the first console that is GPU centric where significant processing is meant to be on the GPU (GPGPU) seems to fall in line with a generational bump by your definition. Shit if the Orbis/Durango leaks are accurate, then those aren't generational leaps too as they're gimping their CPU's in favour of a GPU centric philosophy.

Wii U is what Wii U is.

Oh I see. They were totally in the same generation then. Everything on the Wii can be described as being in the same generation as the Xbox 360 and PS3. When the Wii was revealed to be a gamecube in disguise, people were just being unreasonable when they claimed it was not a generational leap. The expectations of a technological leap in line with the rest of the industry was unwarranted and inherently ridiculous as this has never been the case with any technological field ever. Next-generation has always and will only ever be what the next iteration of a console is.

Wii U 2 has the exact same hardware with games that look identical to the Wii U/Xbox 360/PS3 but with a power glove while the competition has at minimum quadrupled all specifications. Hey same generation.

Wii U 3 has the exact same hardware with games that look identical to the Wii U/Xbox 360/PS3 but with new VR helmet while the competition has quadrupled all specirfications and once again, any games that happen to appear on Wii U 3 are totally next-generation even if the Wii U 3 simply cannot run any current engine and must use engines created and perfected for the Xbox 360 and PS3 era.

Gotcha.

CPU and GPU generations are not defined solely by power. they never have been. it's simply not true to claim that *power* is how they are defined. as far as games go, the Wii U can do everything a Wii can and more. it can do everything the 360 and PS3 can, and more.

it's a new device that plays new games and it features more advanced technology inside it (even if it isn't capable of more FLOPS). a DX 10.1 level GPU is not in the same generation as DX9 level one, even if both are putting out the same final product.

But even they are worse than their HD-twin counterparts.

Are they? do we know for sure when it comes to AC3? I've been waiting for some proper analysis on that one. It's on my list of 'maybes'. If you've got a link to some analysis or feedback, or can at least point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

As far as BLOPS2 while it's undoubtedly better on 360 than Wii U, MP is better on Wii U than PS3 (given that it has the same IQ and framerate as the 360 version), and while I (and most people) would probably agree that the loss of performance in SP is not outweighed by the addition of vsync or being on par IQ wise with the 360 version, when compared to the PS3 version, campaign isn't a total wash either.

You know if Shin'en and Nintendo can make gorgeous games in 60fps, why don't more devs do so? Wouldn't most people be wowed by a silky framerate coupled with fantastic graphics while not burdening the console affecting the framerate? Shin'en with Nano Assault Neo alone should be a lesson to devs... AND IT'S ONLY 50MB!!!

fallagin

CPU and GPU generations are not defined solely by power. they never have been. it's simply not true to claim that *power* is how they are defined. as far as games go, the Wii U can do everything a Wii can and more. it can do everything the 360 and PS3 can, and more.

Eh, lets not get hasty. We still have yet to see this.

sk3tch

Generational progression? Well Wii U being the first console that is GPU centric where significant processing is meant to be on the GPU (GPGPU) seems to fall in line with a generational bump by your definition. Shit if the Orbis/Durango leaks are accurate, then those aren't generational leaps too as they're gimping their CPU's in favour of a GPU centric philosophy.

Wii U is what Wii U is.

GPU-centric has always been the norm - but the CPU has also been spec'd up to match it (in a relative sense). The Wii U basically has a much better GPU than Wii and a marginally better CPU. Much different than comparing it to what the PS4/720 are doing or will be doing (much better GPU and CPU than past "gen"). They're doing it right. That's the main diff.

Quake 4 was a xbox port?
These smart ass comments are really annoying;

No, it wasn't; but it doesn't mean 360 didn't get any game looking better than Quake 4 or run every better looking game terribly.

You know if Shin'en and Nintendo can make gorgeous games in 60fps, why don't more devs do so? Wouldn't most people be wowed by a silky framerate coupled with fantastic graphics while not burdening the console affecting the framerate? Shin'en with Nano Assault Neo alone should be a lesson to devs... AND IT'S ONLY 50MB!!!
For the same reason that the best looking PS3 exclusives look better than best looking 360 games, but most multiplats run worse

Reiko

Banned

No, it wasn't; but it doesn't mean 360 didn't get any game looking better than Quake 4 or run every better looking game terribly.

For the same reason that the best looking PS3 exclusives look better than best looking 360 games, but most multiplats run worse

It wasn't a last gen engine though.

I wouldn't cry foul from fps drops in original Wii U games.

Since the arrival of Gears 3, Halo 4, Forza 4, Forza Horizons... That playing field has been evened out though.

Basically, you couldn't tell how powerful 360 games are just by judging it based on the launch titles. Even Gears of War is not among the better looking 360 games anymore.

It wasn't a last gen engine though.

I wouldn't cry foul from fps drops in original Wii U games.

Since the arrival of Gears 3, Halo 4, Forza 4, Forza Horizons... That playing field has been evened out though.
Sure. I do not expect Wii U to run next gen games honestly; maybe it can run the engines and heavily downgraded version of those games; but that's basically about it.

However, we may see exclusives or optimized games that look noticeably better than current efforts [like how much better UC3 looks compared to UC1, or Halo 4 to Halo 3, etc. and they are 1st party games and not even 3rd party efforts]

Eh, lets not get hasty. We still have yet to see this.

It can run late gen individually impressive multiplatform titles like AC3 and BLOPS2 (even if it suffers a lesser framerate). It adds new features that the other consoles can't do (such as CODs two players each with their own screen thing).

If at launch it's running these games well enough then I think it's fair to say it can do all the PS3 and 360 can and more. It just might not be able to do all the PS3 and 360 can *quite* as well ;)

Reiko

Banned
Basically, you couldn't tell how powerful 360 games are just by judging it based on the launch titles. Even Gears of War is not among the better looking 360 games anymore.

It was a high end console exclusive. Some of the effects in Gears 1 was scaled back in Gears 3. The rain effects for example.

netBuff

What you claim:
As far as BLOPS2 while it's undoubtedly better on 360 than Wii U, MP is better on Wii U than PS3 (given that it has the same IQ and framerate as the 360 version), and while I (and most people) would probably agree that the loss of performance in SP is not outweighed by the addition of vsync or being on par IQ wise with the 360 version, when compared to the PS3 version, campaign isn't a total wash either.

What DigitalFoundry wrote:
meaning that you get an experience that is very, very close to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game.

Extreme framerate losses are very noticeable, and hinder gameplay much more than a lower resolution. From the analysis provided so far campaign certainly doesn't seem to be "a wash"

And let's not even bring up the paltry player counts on Black Ops 2 Wii U multiplayer.

It was a high end console exclusive. Some of the effects in Gears 1 was scaled back in Gears 3. The rain effects for example.
That's details; it is so obvious to me that current offering on HD consoles look considerably better than the early efforts, that I rather not to participate in such a discussion because I suspect the intentions behind it.

The point, as others have pouted out, is that Quake 4 may have not been a homerun but it was clearly better than anything else seen in the previous gen of consoles.

fallagin

It can run late gen individually impressive multiplatform titles like AC3 and BLOPS2 (even if it suffers a lesser framerate). It adds new features that the other consoles can't do (such as CODs two players each with their own screen thing).

If at launch it's running these games well enough then I think it's fair to say it can do all the PS3 and 360 can and more. It just might not be able to do all the PS3 and 360 can *quite* as well ;)

Oh yeah, definitely in terms of features. We just need to see if performance gets to the same level and above.

Edit: It also probably depends on what the main development platform is. There are some multiplatform games that run better on ps3 than xbox 360 because ps3 was the main dev platform.

The point, as others have pouted out, is that Quake 4 may have not been a homerun but it was clearly better than anything else seen in the previous gen of consoles.
Anyone that thinks a $300 console that is almost breaking even on production costs and includes a Gamepad can be much more powerful than a $200 360 or PS3 is seriously out of touch with reality, because Nintendo should have used magic to make a generation leap in hardware while keeping the costs the same.

We are at the point that if actually Wii U is as powerful as 360 or not.

What you claim:

What DigitalFoundry wrote:

Extreme framerate losses are very noticeable, and hinder gameplay much more than a lower resolution. From the analysis provided so far campaign certainly doesn't seem to be "a wash"
I didn't say it was a wash. I said it wasn't a wash, in that, there are pluses for both titles. I agree that the performance disparity outweighs the improvements the Wii U version offers over the PS3 version, I just point out that the Wii U version does some things better than the PS3 version. Like multiplayer, which runs on Wii U with equivalent framerate AND BETTER IQ than the PS3 version.

the 360 version is undoubtedly the best. undoubtedly. campaign is I believe better on PS3 than Wii U, even though Wii U does have some things over the PS3 version here it isn't enough to outweigh the performance difference. in MP the Wii U version beats the PS3 version.

so it isn't a wash for the PS3 version over the Wii U version. it is debatable which is the better of the two there, and so the Wii U version isn't unquestionably inferior to the PS3 version.

nothing I'm claiming contradicts digital foundry.

And let's not even bring up the paltry player counts on Black Ops 2 Wii U multiplayer.
right. lets not. even tangentially, because they haven't got anything to do with the technical discussion being had at hand.

Maybe, but you could tell how powerful the first xbox was when it ran perfect ports of third party ps2 games..

what about when it didn't? MGS2. SH2. I'm sure there are others.

Maybe, but you could tell how powerful the first xbox was when it ran perfect ports of third party ps2 games..
Yes, but it wasn't this complicated last gen;

The best example can of course be comparison of PS3 and 360; after more than 6 years some multiplats like ME3 run much worse on PS3 [like 30%] or Skyrim [basically unplayable], while we have games like UC3 or Beyond on PS3, or some multiplats like BF3 which are actually better on PS3.

So it is quite reasonable to expect that depending on the efforts and familiarity of the developers, we can get much improved results. And honesty, if I was a publisher, I wouldn't really care to spend resources on optimizing BOps 2 on Wii U even if it was possible, because most of the people will not notice the difference anyway, specially those coming from Wii.

PBY

Banned
Anyone that thinks a $300 console that is almost breaking even on production costs and includes a Gamepad can be much more powerful than a $200 360 or PS3 is seriously out of touch with reality, because Nintendo should have used magic to make a generation leap in hardware while keeping the costs the same.

We are at the point that if actually Wii U is as powerful as 360 or not.
The Xbox is seven years old and launched at 400.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I don't remember Dreamcast launch games doing this.

I don't remember Xbox or Xbox 360 launch games having this much problems.

I don't remember Wii launch games doing that either.

This isn't even an argument. Of course they did. Step off the high horse for a little and let someone else on.

I'm pretty sure the original xbox did not come out in 2007..

You've lost me. You said you could tell the original Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 when it ran perfect ports of PS2 games. I didn't misunderstand that did I?

Not all of the ports of PS2 games it got were perfect. The original Xbox version of MGS2 and SH2 were not perfect ports. I am not talking about the HD rereleases on 360.

Some Wii U multiplats are reportedly technically better than the PS3 and 360 versions (Sonic All Stars and Trine 2). Some are obviously not.

So I don't know what that tells us.

As far as I remember, 360 didn't have a Gamepad, used conventional DVDs, had a failure rate of 60%, had several other hardware issues like noisy drives, was posting loss each year, etc.

Wii U hardware is more similar to PS3, but with a Gamepad, much more efficient in power consumption and size, and almost breaking even.

Log4Girlz

it's a new device that plays new games and it features more advanced technology inside it (even if it isn't capable of more FLOPS). a DX 10.1 level GPU is not in the same generation as DX9 level one, even if both are putting out the same final product.

It is a last generation product with a new peripheral. It is as next gen as the kinect

It is a last generation product with a new peripheral. It is as next gen as the kinect

no. it is not. you keep ignoring me when I point out the CPU and GPU generations are not based solely on power. the GPU in the Wii U is from a couple of generations later than the ones in the 360 and PS3. it is more advanced technology even if it is not more *powerful* technology.

PBY

Banned
no. it is not. you keep ignoring me when I point out the CPU and GPU generations are not based solely on power. the GPU in the Wii U is from a couple of generations later than the ones in the 360 and PS3. it is more advanced technology even if it is not more *powerful* technology.
So what's the point then lol ?

Reiko

Banned
This isn't even an argument. Of course they did. Step off the high horse for a little and let someone else on.

Name a lot of them. I've been trying to figure it out myself with the launch games in my collection. Please show me the error of my ways.

Most of the Dreamcast launch were 1:1 Naomi ports just to get started.
Virtua Fighter 3 looked and performed 99% worse than the arcade version.
Sonic Adventure had good performance for a new engine made from the ground up.
Power Stone was 60fps madness.
Crazy Taxi? Arcade perfect.
Shall I keep going?

PBY

Banned
Name one. I've been trying to figure it out myself with the launch games in my collection. Please show me the error of my ways.
There aren't any. There was a lot of stuff like Gun or tony hawk, but those games still looked better

netBuff

With inflation, that $400 are the equivalent of about $470 today.

There are many things people can criticise with the Wii U, but I really don't think the price is unreasonable. Really doesn't seem all that expensive to me.

I'm not sure this should matter to any buyer looking for great multiplatform titles: The Wii U won't get many.

PBY

Banned
With inflation, that $400 are the equivalent of about $470 today.

There are many things people can criticise with the Wii U, but I really don't think the price is unreasonable. Really doesn't seem all that expensive to me.

I'm not sure this should matter to any buyer looking for great multiplatform titles: The Wii U won't get many.
It's not expensive. It just doesn't provide value for what I'm looking for, when I stop and see that it has the same power as a 7 year old system that I can get cheaper.

Edit- I will buy one, just won't at launch like I did the wii. It'll be my Nintendo box and that's cool.

Top Bottom