• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 2 potentially back soon - no hacked PS3 required

https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=255&p=1202#p1202

Looks like the savemgo guys have finally cracked it wide open. You've been able to play it for a couple years but you needed a jailbroken PS3. Now it looks like they're getting round to being able to let anybody play, even on current official firmware.

Thought I might as well post the news here for any MGO2 fans who, like myself, weren't really keeping up with the project.

This is accomplished by restoring a custom backup from USB.

This method uses files to spoof MGS4's Game Data version to 2.00, to circumvent the Trophy update, and to replace the URLs within the game to connect to our servers.

This update will include the 1.36 update, as we currently aren't able to use the original in-game updater.

All you will need is a USB flashdrive with enough space for the backup (about 6GB, may increase later), and a copy of NA MGS4 or EU MGS4

If its legit and Sony isnt banning people over it, rip my free time.

Mgo2 was one of the most unique and addictive games I ever played (Despite all of its jankiness). Wonder if Tournament and Survival will be back on their schedules as well

Rellik

This is accomplished by restoring a custom backup from USB.

This method uses files to spoof MGS4's Game Data version to 2.00, to circumvent the Trophy update, and to replace the URLs within the game to connect to our servers.

This update will include the 1.36 update, as we currently aren't able to use the original in-game updater.

All you will need is a USB flashdrive with enough space for the backup (about 6GB, may increase later), and a copy of NA MGS4 or EU MGS4.

Nice.

If its legit and Sony isnt banning people over it, rip my free time.

Mgo2 was one of the most unique and addictive games I ever played (Despite all of its jankiness). Wonder if Tournament and Survival will be back on their schedules as well

They do say in the link that survival/tournament will require a significant amount more work. But even free battle is pretty great.

aember

Damn!

There's so many great titles coming out this year, but this might be the highlight for me. I never got around to playing it myself unfortunately, but I watched so many videos that I felt like I knew the game just as well as anyone playing it.

Excited to finally play it myself!

Damn!

There's so many great titles coming out this year, but this might be the highlight for me. I never got around to playing it myself unfortunately, but I watched so many videos that I felt like I knew the game just as well as anyone playing it.

Excited to finally play it myself!

I don't envy you going in as a complete noob haha

-Deimos

Already a thread on this but who cares, MGO2 is coming back.

tumblr_m4k3pneruy1roaszgo1_400.gif

Top Bottom