• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft details E3 2015 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taker666

From their description, This year's Xbox Daily live sounds like Treehouse LIVE!

On a basic level..sort of but not really...it's only on 1 hr a day.

Treehouse LIVE had about 21 hrs of live coverage over 3 days last year..and it's supposed to be expanded this year.

Snorlocs

I hope ms bring a solid platformer or a great rpg (western or japanese, so long as it's good). Those are my E3 wishes. Doubt its gonna happen that way though

2 days after i graduate... i might fuck around and try to get a ticket but knowing my luck and how shitty LA traffic is i'll probably be too late

Dlacy13g

Rolling into this E3 is the first E3 I feel like most of the reveals are still secret with the exception of Gears of War Ultimate Edition. I am ready to jump on the hype train. Whoot Whoot baby!

As a ps4 owner with no plans on getting an Xbox one in the foreseeable future, I am really looking forward to this still.
From what we know will be shown or highly likely to appear, I think Microsoft have potentially the best show of the three console manufacturers. At leat in terms of exclusives.
Who knows, this might be the show that convinces me to buy an Xbox one sooner than anticipated. But please Microsoft, don't show games that are years from release like you have made a habit of doing in the last few years.

Leyasu

Banned
Not an insider, Steverulez is having an anuerysm hearing you say that lol. To be honest, I know nothing about any conference this year, but am excited about the MS one for all the reasons listed above. It's like the Xbox One counter punch.

Just pulling your leg dude

Chobel

After yesterday I don't know man. Xbox is still marketing Madden

My guess is Joe Montana Football doesn't have NFL license, so they can advertise both games.

---------------------------------------------

And why do some here think Rare is developing a new IP?

link1201

I am really anxious about what they'll show for Halo. I hope it's an extension of what we saw in the beta. I don't want to see any kind of bait a switch.

Not an insider, Steverulez is having an anuerysm hearing you say that lol. To be honest, I know nothing about any conference this year, but am excited about the MS one for all the reasons listed above. It's like the Xbox One counter punch.

Oh how things change ;)

mclem

Xbox will give 500 lucky fans a one-of-a-kind ticket for E3 week, the gaming industry’s biggest showcase. The Xbox FanFest Ticket will include:

- Entry into the Xbox E3 2015 Briefing on Monday, June 15th, 9:30 am PT, at the Galen Center in downtown Los Angeles.

The Galen Center seats about 10k. a rough estimate suggests that they'd use about 80% of it, since the central stage would mean a big chunk is lost to the backdrop. So, around 15% or so of the audience will be brought in from outside the press corps.

Just prepping that for the point that always happens during a conference where someone (often me!) questions just why the audience are whooping so loudly :)

I wonder if they'll put much more effort into Xbox Daily this time around given the reception Treehouse got.

drigosr

Don't disappoint me, please!

sb_01_thumb.jpg

Leflus

Only one hour?

Seems pretty short for an E3 conference
One and a half. Standard Xbox conference length.
This year, we have an amazing games lineup to share (who knew it’d be so hard to pack all of our exclusive E3 premieres into an hour and a half?), so we’re saving a lot of exciting reveals for gamescom in August. It’s already shaping up to be a great year.

This is Microsoft's opportunity to finally get me to buy a Xbox One.

I'm already tempted by SO and Ori but that's no enough for me to have an additional big lardy box next to my PS4, when I'll be playing all the third party games on PS4 anyway.

But Scalebound and Quantum Break? New Gears? New Halo? Crackdown? Suddenly things get tempting and that's just the stuff we know about.
Only one hour?

Seems pretty short for an E3 conference

90 minutes which is standard for MS every year. It's Sony's conference which drags on and on for 2+ hours, usually due to a really long and boring Ubisoft gameplay demo halfway through.
Got a feeling Rare's game is one of them that got moved to Gamescom, but hope I'm wrong.
Yeah I'd expect it to show up at Gamescom instead, because it's the natural fit. But if MS has confidence in the title and wants to get Rare back on the map, I'd suggest they give the game a big unveiling at E3 tbh.

Got a feeling Rare's game is one of them that got moved to Gamescom, but hope I'm wrong.

Simon Woodroffe (Rare Creative Director if others dont know) said Gregg Mayles game at E3 but also said "E3 and beyond" for announcements iirc.

I feel very confident in saying they have at least two games on the go, maybe other projects, I could see Unity -> Battletoads at E3, UE4 -> New IP? Banjo? Something at Gamescom

Like the Xbox Daily events, especially that they will be "interactive" on Xbox One. I'm expecting something lame like polls and questions, but how awesome would it be if they provided some demos or exclusive content for watching (pipe dream, ya, ya)

Can't wait for this conference, especially since this is the first E3 I'm attending in person...it is sounding like a good year to be introduced to E3 :p

MacrosTheBlack

Neo Member
Please give us a handheld with the likes of Halo & Gears of a War. Sony keeps f*cking up how to create & market a handheld. There still has to be a market for dedicated handhelds done right.

Zedox

Halo 5 Guardians
Quantum Break
Gears of War HD Remaster
Gears New*
Crackdown
Fable Legends
Forza 6
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Scalebound
Rare (New IP)
Joe Montana Football
Hololens games
PC Games

My.Body.Is.Ready.

No, they don't.

It's called Windows Mobile now.

Incorrect, it's called Windows 10 Mobile. :p

Chris1

"Get ready to see the greatest games lineup in Xbox history."

Bold words, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't have potential with the games we know of.

li bur

Nah, show games that you've announced first instead of showing new games altogether.

*sobbing and rewatching phantom dust trailer

JaggedSac

Halo 5 Guardians
Quantum Break
Gears of War HD Remaster
Crackdown
Fable Legends
Forza 6
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Scalebound
Rare (New IP)
Joe Montana Football