• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeleton

Banned
18qf5hn35wy9xgif.gif

peggle 3!!!

5:30PM for me though, looks like a 15 minute early leave from work that day will be needed.

Problem with this is that the conference is just so... bland.
There was no charm last year at the MS conference. It was game after game after game then done.

They may as well just put a bunch of gameplay footage and trailers on YouTube.

thats the way it should always be just game after game maybe some ecosystem announcements (although i think they'll announce more of that throughout the week after sonys show)

just keep it that way all the other stuff is fluff

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Problem with this is that the conference is just so... bland.
There was no charm last year at the MS conference. It was game after game after game then done.

They may as well just put a bunch of gameplay footage and trailers on YouTube.

Yeah, exactly my problem. It was good but unremarkable. It desperately needed a 'one more thing...' megaton.

Yoday

Nice! It is early enough that I can watch it before going to bed after work. Hopefully Sony's is late again this year so I can catch that when I wake up.

Realistically, can MS even get major third-party exclusives of the scale that would be a megaton?

Last year's EA-MS exclusivity three-peat with TF,PvZ and P2 was quite unprecedented, and even then, 2 of said timed exclusives are nowhere close to the big EA titles and Titanfall was a unique case of an EA Partners title that had to be salvaged by a first-party.

Stuff like No Man's Sky, I can definitely see the possibility. If Capcom is willing to let MS fund games they wouldn't pay for otherwise, that as well.

But Mass Effect/Red Dead tier of titles? Even 3 months exclusivity sounds insane for titles of that scope, from the top publishers.

(I'm talking realistically. MS has the money to make it happen, but something like that is literally burning cash that's probably far, far more than the entire sum they paid for TF)

Aight, my thoughts: Mass Effect: ______ shown at at Microsoft's presser to ensure franchise recognition with the Xbox brand, some kinect stuff, then demo'd a second time at EA's presser straight after.

I think that and then the COD Gameplay reveal will be their usual two big multi-plat showings.

Sony will likely have Destiny and Assassin's Creed

Yes, like a video. A real person would never make jokes as he does.

Awww man, really? Now I'm hyped.

I wonder what OG Xbox game they are going to unveil other then HA2.

Yeah, when I first saw phil spencer switch his display on twitter to the original xbox I figured it would be a return to the original . . . now what games they'll be bringing is the question we already know one is halo but how deep will they dig.

the show is pretty short as well so i also expect some new game info to come out this month and then some more even after the show..since im guessing some stuff wont fit in.

Axass

Ha, calling it 'Game On' seems like a statement of intent. Looking forward to this.

Well, frankly they had the most games to show last year as well, but that didn't really help them in the long run. Especially since they showed stuff like Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, new Halo and Project Spark, which were very far from release.

I'm eagerly awaiting to see what they cook up this year.

So they're making the first move again. Interesting, after last year :)

They've got balls.

Things didn't go poorly for them last year because they went first. Things went poorly for them because they announced their high price for no damn reason, and they had dumb policies in place which made them vulnerable to being embarrassingly mocked.

jem0208

The game just SCREAMS "thanks to the power of the Microsoft cloud....."

Oh yeah, didn't think about that. It would be perfect for cloud integration. Especially with all the semi-multiplayer stuff they've been talking about.

If I was MS I would offer Azure for free for both X1 and PC as long as No Man's Sky is a console exclusive.

harSon

Banned
I'd do unspeakable things for a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day and a continuation of the Live and Reloaded multiplayer

Dabanton

Going first is cool. Not much Sony can do,other than with their own game announcements last year they got MS with the price but both consoles need games now.

That's whats going to turn heads as we head into autumn. Lets hope MS is not full of hot air in regards to having so many games some had to be cut.

I would also hope that we don't see lousy CG trailers.

Linkhero1

I will be at work so I won't be able to watch this until I get home. I just hope they make the One more desirable with lots and lots of game announcements and less feature announcements.

TriGen

So it seems everyone will be keeping with their traditional slots. That's fine with me.

I'm very Hyped for this E3. Let's do this.

Not gonna happen.

Red Dead doesnt have to be exclusive, exclusive but some exclusive DLC and whatnot. Similar to the GTA4 deal

If we are talking big 3rd party exclusives I bet they will get another out of EA and some random Japanese pubs

No Mans Sky just kind of makes sense since the studio would get free / cheap servers out of it and MS needs indie games.

Im dreading it.

What third party multi plats have they tied up this year (AAA or indie).

How many of the exclusivity deals remain from the 360 days.

LowerLevel

I called this in the predictions thread. Only problem is I'd want multiplayer for crimson skies!!!

"drooling"

Even slightly updated with faster load times on Morrowind, RSC2, Crimson Skies, etc.... Sucks to dream sometimes because of the following disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom