• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Media briefing dated - Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matush

I really hope that Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive delivers. These are the only (announced) games that can get me to buy XOne.

AdanVC

I like their "Game On" slogan. Hopefully they focus 100% on games and not Kinect, TV and sports things. That stuff leave it for another occasion, not E3.

http://youtu.be/V_8k1p4_8Zo

I made this E3 Trailer for anyone interested. It's an annual thing and covers a whole bunch of games including MS.

Looking forward to seeing what MS brings this year. They seem focused on the hardcore and Phil Spencer seems to be a great fit so I'm sure it'll be a pretty big show for them.

Capella

LOL whats the last MS owned exclusive to come to the PC!

Alan Wake came to PC in 2012. I think a couple of smaller games have come over to PC and, if I'm not wrong, Max The Curse of the Brotherhood is supposed to have a PC release.

It wouldn't be that surprising if Quantum Break at least made the jump to PC.

Aight, my thoughts: Mass Effect: ______ shown at at Microsoft's presser to ensure franchise recognition with the Xbox brand, some kinect stuff, then demo'd a second time at EA's presser straight after.

That early? I haven't seen the next gen thread on the front page for a while but I thought they wanted to focus on dragon age?

Don't toy with my heart EC...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hoping for a repeat of last year.

shady.

ibheDqyJGgmo8t.gif

rrc1594

Alan Wake came to PC in 2012. I think a couple of smaller games have come over to PC and, if I'm not wrong, Max The Curse of the Brotherhood is supposed to have a PC release.

It wouldn't be that surprising if Quantum Break at least made the jump to PC.

They didn't own the rights, MS hardly every puts AAA games on PC these days

Dunlop

Hoping for a repeat of last year.

"Next gen" consoles were not launched and being detailed at E3 which was a HUGE factor in the insanity on these forums last year.

Can't wait, but last year was my first console launch on this site and was quite an eye opener. I'll stay away from the gaming section during the same window in 5 years or so when the next systems launch, this place was terrible.

I'm not quite sure what I want MS to announce lol, both people charging for online changes my usual buy every console mentality. I might just stay PS4/WiiU

DrZeus

I'll be off that day. Day 1 of e3 is a gamers holiday. I enjoyed ms conference last year. I have total faith in them bringing it again this year's.

I'll be missing their conference then. Got summer school. I'm hoping Sony goes later that afternoon with Nintendo doing their thing Tuesday morning as usual.

x-Lundz-x

I really want to play Quantum Break, it's really the only announced game for the XB1 that really makes me want to get it. I'll give Remedy my money any day of the week if I can. I need that price drop though MS.

In order for me to get excited this has to happen:
1. Drop the Kinect, and give me a cheap option for the console. ($349.99)
or
2. Keep the Kinect, drop the price to $399.99 - $449.99 (But you better show me games that use the Kinect in such an amazing, mind blowing way it can't be lived without.)

I'm thinking option #1 is really the only thing that can happen to get me to buy in, I just don't see what they could show at E3 with Kinect to make it worthwhile to me.

Capella

They didn't own the rights, MS hardly every puts AAA games on PC these days
Wasn't MS the publisher of Alan Wake? From my understanding, a PC release was originally cancelled and a couple of years after the release Remedy continuously asked MS to allow them to release the game on PC. MS allowed it despite the fact that an exclusive agreement had been made for the Xbox version.

I'm not saying it's going to happen but if Remedy really wanted to, I could see them convincing MS to allow them to release the game on PC a year or two later again. Especially if MS really means it when they said they are committed to PC gaming this time around. Though I have no idea how that would work out with the TV show stuff or if it's an integral part of the game.

I'll have to catch it Tuesday after Nintendo's presentation since I'm busy all day Monday.
Not looking forward to a damn thing from MS anyway.

level44

LOL whats the last MS owned exclusive to come to the PC!

Alan Wake was also developed by Remedy Entertainment and also published by Microsoft Studios and that came out on PC. Stands to reason that we may very well see this on PC too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom