• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 delayed to 'Spring 2016'

Do you care about online modes in this game? Did you back this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phazeta

Neo Member
I honestly thought this was going to be a joke thread... I'm not laughing sadly. If all of this problems come from Inti Creates which is a developer with many games developed I guess Red Ash will be an even bigger disaster than MN9 already is.
Inti Creates is not developing Red Ash. They are doing Bloodstained however.

TimmiT

Well, good thing I threw enough money at this that I got to play the demo. So I didn't have to wait for the final release to find out that it's just kind of a mediocre Mega Man fangame with a combo mechanic that isn't actually all that fun.

Also holy shit the reason for the delay is online multiplayer? The thing people will probably stop playing after a week? They could have just delayed the online multiplayer and have added in an update later on as well.

Spaghetti

Shit doesn't always go as planned, news at 11.

And considering this game has a ~simultaneous physical release as well, I doubt they want to release this game in parts, they'd probably rather have all of the features on the disc
instead of patching stuff into the game later on.
This is likely the reason they opted for delay over releasing piecemeal.

MrBadger

I think it's more damage control of "KS GAME LAUNCHES UNFINISHED" type headlines which poison the well for any future crowd funding.

To be honest, I think all of the delays, the second kickstarter, Red Ash and the disappointing art style have already done that damage

I'm surprised Kamiya's tweet hasn't been posted as per usual! I still can't believe the game isn't done yet. I'm doubtful at this point that backers will think this was worth it

Liamc723

And considering this game has a ~simultaneous physical release as well, I doubt they want to release this game in parts, they'd probably rather have all of the features on the disc instead of patching stuff into the game later on.

That doesn't stop the majority of games releasing with large day 1 patches.

This game's development has been nothing but a train wreck.

klee123

Even though I didn't back Mighty No. 9, I'm rather worried about Bloodstained since I pledged $250 for it.

Let's just hope Bloodstained doesn't suffer the same fate.

Spaghetti

To be honest, I think all of the delays, the second kickstarter, Red Ash and the disappointing art style have already done that damage
Probably. I'm already of a mind that the simultaneous physical release is the cause for going the delay route now anyway.

This was a mistake.
I backed for $250

No it's going to be the best video game of all time. You'll see.

I gave Inafune $400 (ಥ⌣ಥ)

sy2gcBq.gif

Kickstarter was so innocent back then.

We need a support group.

Famassu

I honestly thought this was going to be a joke thread... I'm not laughing sadly. If all of this problems come from Inti Creates which is a developer with many games developed I guess Red Ash will be an even bigger disaster than MN9 already is.
The problems seem to stem from having problems with online features on so many completely different platforms. So when there are problems in the online code that affect all platforms, it takes time fixing those problems on all platforms since the fix is different on all (or most) of them. It's not like Inti Creates is the first ever quality developer to have had problems with online portions of their game. A lot of developers have had problems even when their game is only on a single platform, let alone when shit is on as many platforms as MN9 is.

That's like the easiest scapegoat ever. Of course shit never goes as planned. I'm one of the most tolerate people of delays when it comes to video games. I'm patient.

What I'm not cool on is the flippant nature of Infaune and his awful planning skills. Part of being a seasoned veteran developer is learning to schedule your shit properly. It's also up to him to not make promises and statements that could later backfire.

People spent money invested in this product. They have a right to be upset that it's not delivered on time.

And considering this game has a ~simultaneous physical release as well, I doubt they want to release this game in parts, they'd probably rather have all of the features on the disc instead of patching stuff into the game later on.

How does having a simultaneous release block them from being able to patch the game? All of the platforms they are releasing on have the ability to patch games.

It's not even in parts. It's like the single player mode and all the extra stuff, and then the online portion, which isn't all that big in the first place.

wrong. the impressions from people/sites (eurogamer for example) that played it have been pretty positive.

Um, I didn't say anyone was saying the game itself was bad. I was saying the development and everything around it has been a shit-show. And uh... It has.

jett

D-Member
Why does this game even have online modes? Tough break for them I guess. At this rate I think this game will only be successful if it gets widespread critical acclaim.

tkscz

I honestly completely forgot this game even existed and I guess they want to make sure it stays that way.

Dude, this has happened multiple times already, it's time to stop defending it so hard. It's understandable that shit may not go as planned, but this is twice now that the game has been 2 weeks out from launch and it suddenly gets pushed months away. Pushing a game months ahead, multiple times, isn't something that just "some small issues" causes, like they continue to say. Something clearly is not going right with something other than the SP that was the focus of this campaign in the first place, yet they continue to bullshit people by saying "it's just small issues". Beyond that, the last 2 delays have been because of an online component (if they are to be believed) that literally no one asked for. At some point it's probably time to look at things and decide if maybe said feature wasn't such a good idea and just get the game out there so that your company doesn't become even more of a joke.

Berordn

Why does this game even have online modes? Tough break for them I guess. At this rate I think this game will only be successful if it gets widespread critical acclaim.

Will that even be possible now that any publicity it gets is going to be marred with reminders of the delays and other oddities?

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I feel like that's what we'll end up remembering about this whole thing.

Famassu

That doesn't stop the majority of games releasing with large day 1 patches.

This game's development has been nothing but a train wreck.
Game's might have day 1 patches but those usually just fix some bugs that have been found after the game went gold. Sony wouldn't release something like DriveClub completely without its online portion with a promise that it's coming some day.

And lol, this is far from train wreck level of development. The game's content seems to be complete and it seems fairly polished & of decent quality at least (whatever you might think of the art style). Having problems with online features is extremely common, so to call this a train wreck just because they don't want to release a game with broken net code is stupid hyperbole.

correojon

I started following this when the real game screens showed up and were nothing like the concept art. Apart from the 2 previous delays, what other things have happened for people to be saying the development has been horrible?

tuxfool

Banned

That is the questionable part of all of this. It wasn't something people wanted. By most accounts the game itself is pretty ok, besides the art style people who tried it had mostly positive impressions.

FLAguy954

Maybe they think delaying it will make it good eventually. But they aren't Nintendo.

Inti Creates generally does a great job at the games they develop. I think the management is at fault here (Innafune as a publisher to be exact :/).

I just read the email.
Why don't just release the SP game and work in whatever it is after that?
I'm really regretting giving them my money, I would never backup Inafune ever again

This. I wouldn't mind getting the single player part of the game first with a multi player patella that came later.

This delay doesn't bother me as I backed the minimum to get the game ($15) and I have plenty of other games to hold me over while I wait (as I have done for the previous delays as well).

Dio

Banned
That is the questionable part of all of this. It wasn't something people wanted. By most accounts the game itself is pretty ok, besides the art style people who tried it had mostly positive impressions.

It was a stretch goal. This delay could have been avoided if the kickstarter made less money.

Oreiller

I love how they keep delaying a game because of an online mode that no one cares about and that almost no one will use.

Game's might have day 1 patches but those usually just fix some bugs that have been found after the game went gold. Sony wouldn't release something like DriveClub completely without its online portion with a promise that it's coming some day.

And lol, this is far from train wreck level of development. The game's content seems to be complete and it seems fairly polished & of decent quality at least (whatever you might think of the art style). Having problems with online features is extremely common, so to call this a train wreck just because they don't want to release a game with broken net code is stupid hyperbole.

The game is content complete, as you say.

it's just missing the online portion that's necessary for most here.

And yet, two weeks from release, they decide to label it "Spring 2016".

It's like you say the words, but the possible realization is not there.

Inti Creates is not developing Red Ash. They are doing Bloodstained however.
Yeah, what I meant was that if a developer with many games worth of experience is having so much trouble I can't see Hyde doing any better with Red Ash. But I'll be happy to be wrong because I still want to see how Red Ash ends up being (if it wasn't obvious by my Avatar pick :p).

Famassu

Dude, this has happened multiple times already, it's time to stop defending it so hard. It's understandable that shit may not go as planned, but this is twice now that the game has been 2 weeks out from launch and it suddenly gets pushed months away. Pushing a game months ahead, multiple times, isn't something that just "some small issues" causes, like they continue to say. Something clearly is not going right with something other than the SP that was the focus of this campaign in the first place, yet they continue to bullshit people by saying "it's just small issues". Beyond that, the last 2 delays have been because of an online component (if they are to be believed) that literally no one asked for. At some point it's probably time to look at things and decide if maybe said feature wasn't such a good idea and just get the game out there so that your company doesn't become even more of a joke.
I guess Uncharted 4 will also be pure, total & utter shit & it's a total joke from the highly incompetent Naughty Dog with no good reason given for said delays since it's been delayed multiple times already as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom