• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PC/PS4/XB1, Reboot, DICE, Q1 2016) officially announced

Lol, I was watching on my phone and the video was running at LQ resolution at first. Took me until the quality jumped up to realise it wasn't the actual game.

DIRECTED / EDITED / MOVEMENT CHOREOGRAPHED BY:
Claudiu Voicu | twitter, ig @claudiuvoicu | www.claudiu.co.uk

And the shadow is clearly a dude.

No one should be fooled, but it's very cool though. Pretty amazing how he pulled that off.
Glad to know I'm not going senile. The last couple of minutes was mote obvious than the first few. Plus I think that a real trailer will have the runner's sense turned on.

She looks like Emma Stone more than Emma Stone does

tumblr_inline_n5cmsjq3rX1qafrh6.gif

Amir0x

Banned
One day, Mirror's Edge will look like that :(

I wouldn't want that actually. As good as it is, it wasn't quite colorized the stylistic way Mirror's Edge really is, and I vastly prefer its stylistic flourishes to a merely bold-color version of real life.

I never really played the first game aside from the demo, but one take way from the game was the amazing theme song, Still Alive. I really hope they incorporate it into this game as well.

Jhn

I honestly can't tell if people are being serious in here or not. It's immediately obvious that's live-action.

Faith

First I thought it was gameplay, but after 10 seconds I realized it's live action :D

I hope games will look like that in 10-15 years.

PaulloDEC

It's a great bit of work, but even ignoring the fairly obvious gopro footage, did people not notice present-day London in the opening? It even mentions Croydon in great big letters (and I should point out that I'm not from the UK, nor have I ever set foot there).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wonder if online is still a major component like I was told a year ago.

I'm just looking at this and wondering how nausea-inducing the VR support is going to be for Catalyst.. If it's not in by default, you know SOMEONE'S gonna try hacking it in.

EDIT: Like they did with the first one.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I honestly can't tell if people are being serious in here or not. It's immediately obvious that's live-action.

Not to me it wasn't. I didn't figure it out until the 1:30 second point lol.

A-V-B

wtf @ people arguing the face?

I've met actual people who look like her, and yeah, they're really asian. She's more realistic in that image, less stylized. I like the stylized look too, but the new one doesn't bother me.

That gigantic map of the city on her right arm, though... eh...

Zambayoshi

People arguing about Faith's face should remember that there is pretty much the same variety in skin tone and bone structure in Asians as there is in Caucasians. Hair colour in Caucasians is more varied, but that's about it.

To me, the debate about the face change is pretty much the same as the debate surrounding Lara's face change between the last-gen Tomb Raider and current-gen 'definitive edition' Tomb Raider: yes, there is a difference, but it's still the same character.

I liked old Faith and I like new Faith. It's Faith. She will kick arse and run like the wind. End of.

A-V-B

ME1 is still a looker...7 years later. Captured these a few weeks ago after I built my pc

Mirror's Edge is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. The use of color is out of this world. Especially those waiting rooms. Jesus god in heaven.

No matter how good MEC looks technically, I just can't believe it will match the original in that regard.

Mirror's Edge is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. The use of color is out of this world. Especially those waiting rooms. Jesus god in heaven.

No matter how good MEC looks technically, I just can't believe it will match the original in that regard.

Agreed. Contrary to what the game wants you to do, often times I just want to stop and look around, admire the scenery.

Feep

Banned
Got to play it. Completed all objectives and even nailed a secret bonus thing!

Didn't really see any new moves minus contextual bits, like using pipes to whip ninety degrees. Lots of good new animations for stuff like hitting the ground from too high. Graphic fidelity is amazing. Movement is very similar to ME1.

Combat..well, it was set up so I had aerial drop-ins for almost all enemies, so I didn't get to play around too much. Seemed okay? There were two buttons (one was labeled "Perceptual attack" or something) , and a third button was another attack not yet unlocked.

You pick way points on the map and then your runner vision is used to highlight objects that will take you toward your objective, which is very cool and a good way to feel more linear focused paths in a wider, open city) which is called Glass, by the by). Early story seemed MUCH stronger than ME1, really felt competent.

Still walking around E3 but I'll be back tonight if anyone has any questions.

Didn't really see any new moves minus contextual bits, like using pipes to whip ninety degrees. Lots of good new animations for stuff like hitting the ground from too high. Graphic fidelity is amazing. Movement is very similar to ME1.

Combat..well, it was set up so I had aerial drop-ins for almost all enemies, so I didn't get to play around too much. Seemed okay? There were two buttons (one was labeled "Perceptual attack" or something) , and a third button was another attack not yet unlocked.

You pick way points on the map and then your runner vision is used to highlight objects that will take you toward your objective, which is very cool and a good way to feel more linear focused paths in a wider, open city) which is called Glass, by the by). Early story seemed MUCH stronger than ME1, really felt competent.

Thank you for this.

TripOpt55

Thanks for the info. I quoted you into this thread since more people seem to be looking for info there: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1063561

I'd be curious what the objectives were like if you want to elaborate. I hear there is a time trial/speed run type one? Was it similar to the first game's? Did it just give you a start and end point or were there different markers to hit along the way?

I believe one of the missions is the billboard one? Was it tricky to figure out how to get there?

Are there little collectibles in the world (I think I saw them in the first footage)? If you can't answer these I understand! I'm just starved for info on the game.

Top Bottom