• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto: "A new kind of Mario is coming", announcement possibly next E3

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mario will be their Christmas 2017 game, I bet.

Though I am curious what they have for launch, since I am betting it is not only Zelda.

Among the other launch titles, I'm still gonna say Mario.

Super Mario Maker port

thefro

I think this will be their 2017 Holiday game and hopefully teased before NX launch with a big blowout at E3 next year.

Super Mario 3D World was in 2013 and Captain Toad in 2014.

Ansatz

Don't mess with my EAD Tokyo obstacle course 3D Mario template (the last four games), it's literally the best thing in gaming.

The Boat

Mario will be their Christmas 2017 game, I bet.

Though I am curious what they have for launch, since I am betting it is not only Zelda.

I'm bracing for the possibility that Zelda won't be ready at launch, their wording has been very clearly saying that Zelda launches in 2017 for Wii U and NX simultaneously, not that it launches with NX.

orioto

Good Art™
Again, more clues:

_Ubi: Nintendo will bring back wii audience, target family
_Reggie: Mention red ocean
_Zelda is defined as a WiiU title first. That means it won't be the leader or the showcase of the NX.
_Mario won't be at launch

Everything seems to point at the NX being defined by a concept new ip ala wii sport.

Oregano

Smash makes sense, Pikmin 4 might compete with Zelda a bit too much.

I am way less confident about a Super Mario Maker port than I am other Wii U ports.

I imagine Pikmin 4 will probably be the big post-launch game as Pikmin 3 was. I am interesting in when a new console Animal Crossing is happening considering the mobile game is supposed to tie into the console game(s).

I'm so back in.
All it takes is Zelda and Mario plus HOPEFULLY Metroid and I am back to loving Nintendo again. I know some of you found enjoyment out of the Wii-U but that thing was such a utter disappointment to me. I think it might be the worst console I have ever personally owned.

Nintendo has a Retro game, potential ports/sequels of Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Pikmin, plus additional games that could come out near or after launch to bridge a gap to an actual Mario game during the holidays.

Also I imagine a re-imagining of Super Mario 64 could work very well.

Again, more clues:

_Ubi: Nintendo will bring back wii audience, target family
_Reggie: Mention red ocean
_Zelda is defined as a WiiU title first. That means it won't be the leader or the showcase of the NX.
_Mario won't be at launch

Everything seems to point at the NX being defined by a concept new in ala wii sport.

Buh

Mario wasn't at launch for the Gamecube, 3DS, or Wii

It was at launch for the DS and Wii U

This data basically tells us nothing.

Chaplain

After seeing the new Zelda, I am hoping that an open world game is what Miyamoto means by "a new kind of Mario." ^_^

KingBroly

Banned
I'm so back in.
All it takes is Zelda and Mario plus HOPEFULLY Metroid and I am back to loving Nintendo again. I know some of you found enjoyment out of the Wii-U but that thing was such a utter disappointment to me. I think it might be the worst console I have ever personally owned.

Yeah......um......about...that......

They didn't even show or talk Federation Force during E3. That really tells you where they're at right now with Metroid.

Ridley327

They didn't even show or talk Federation Force during E3. That really tells you where they're at right now with Metroid.

I think it tells us where they're at right now with Federation Force more than it does with the series as a whole.

Wavebossa

After seeing the new Zelda, I am hoping that an open world game is what Miyamoto means by "a new kind of Mario." ^_^

Yeah, the most fun part about Mario 64 was just playing around with his amazing movement in the world that was presented.

If it was a vast, open, connected world.. i'm finding the highest cliff and triple z-slide jumping to my death.

Don't judge me, you'll do it too.

I think it tells us where they're at right now with Federation Force more than it does with the series as a whole.

Come on breh... its time to accept it

They could be attempting to retool it. Or, from a marketing perspective, there is no reason to send it out there to get beaten up on. If Tanabe is confident it is actually a good game and does not show well, maybe the best course of action would be to release it and see.

Poyunch

If Breath of the Wild is just Nintendo catching up with modern open-world games, I expect Mario to take cues from logical choice, Souls games.

As you go through levels you collect stars and if you die, you lose those stars and have to retrieve them at the level where you died. Oh yeah there will also be a stamina system because it's all the rage in Nintendo now and it couldn't be a Souls-Mario without it.

Top Bottom