• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto: "A new kind of Mario is coming", announcement possibly next E3

KingBroly

Banned
I'm not entirely sure you're wrong about them giving up on the franchise but people would be moaning about how completely tone deaf and arrogant Nintendo were if they were still trying to promote it. If they do have a new Metroid in development it'd be for NX so they clearly can't announce it yet. What else are they supposed to do? Cancel it like that embarassing petition wanted them to?

If another Metroid game was in development, I think it'd look like a Wii U game at this point, so there'd be no point in not showing it off to quell the flames of disgust/hate over Federation Force. But I don't think they have one, because they haven't even pulled a Pikmin 4 and said 'yeah, we got one in development.' And Pikmin 4 is obviously an NX game at this point.

Rambler

Let's bring back the original Mario design from the Donkey Kong arcade cabinets.
You mean this guy?

zzCl1Ji.jpg

dziruHG.jpg

I think Shiggy's being a bit coy. I'd be kind of surprised to not see this game at the NX reveal this fall.

Though I also don't think it's coming before the end of 2017.

Lijik

If its open ended, I wonder if they'll pull a Zelda where theres a lot of mini linear challenges in the vein of 3d Land/World levels to find in the world. Thatd be a great way to have both cakes of open ended exploration and tightly designed obstacle courses.

So it's NX launch next March, along with Pikmin and Zelda and some other stuff, and their big game for the holidays will be new Mario eh.

Man, its been 3 years since 3D World, about the difference between SMG1-SMG2-SM3DL/3D World. So Im really shocked we might not see this shit until 2018

True, well we don't know what they've been working on. It also depends on when they nailed the concept for this Mario.

LQX

Hopefully a less violent Mario. Also next E3 seems so damn far way considering the NX will launch before then. No Mario at or near the launch makes me sad.

Neifirst

I'm not even sure what I'd want to see in a Mario game any more. I am surprised to hear that a new Mario "may" show up at the next E3. Wonder what they'll be showcasing alongside Zelda when they do the NX showcase later this year...

daTRUballin

I'm definitely interested in seeing what it would be. We haven't had a mainline Mario game since 2013, so this is pretty cool news.

MJPIA

Too much colour, this costume should be greyscale.
Screw gray we're going sepia.
usBx799.gif

Felt the urge to loop that gif

Or maybe

In all seriousness I look forward to seeing what Nintendo comes up with, looking at what they've managed to do with Mario over the years I'd say its in good hands.

Guys, cmon, let's be real here. Breath of the Wild was announced after ports of OoT and MM were released on 3DS.

A port of Rhythm Heaven was just released on the 3DS... we're getting Rhythm Heaven: Mario Beats on NX.

Oregano

If another Metroid game was in development, I think it'd look like a Wii U game at this point, so there'd be no point in not showing it off to quell the flames of disgust/hate over Federation Force. But I don't think they have one, because they haven't even pulled a Pikmin 4 and said 'yeah, we got one in development.' And Pikmin 4 is obviously an NX game at this point.

They're not showing anything NX, even Zelda was only the Wii U version. Pikmin is the franchise that gets announced like that and both times were by Miyamoto who has little/nothing to do with Metroid. I just don't know what you expect.

One would certainly hope, but it's more than a bit concerning that they only announced it for TBA 2017, not the March NX launch date.

True but I maybe think they're still trying to pretend it wasn't delayed to be on NX and that it being cross gen is a coincidence.

No Mario NX launch title then :/

Hope this new one is a big improvement over 3D World because I didn't enjoy that at all.

Also nice to see Nintendo lips are loosening a bit in terms of NX.

Akki

I think Shiggy's being a bit coy. I'd be kind of surprised to not see this game at the NX reveal this fall.

Though I also don't think it's coming before the end of 2017.

Agreed. I was sure the next 3d-Mario would be a NX launch title but Zelda seems to be huge and will basically overshadow any other game. There´s no way Nintendo will sacrifice one of their biggest IP.

Top Bottom