• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X - CG trailer (PC/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, 2015, E3 Debut, Box Art, Info, UE3)

Aaron D.

Fantastic trailer.

The cg quality and fighter choreographing is off the friggin' charts.

Mad props, NetherRealm. You know how to get people pumped for the next MK.

GoaThief

, as do I believe that the original MK music from the film (the techno music) doesn't fit either
Please don't call it techno as it's actually a well defined genre in its own right. It's a bit like saying the Beatles were a heavy metal band.

Didn't think the music was too bad myself, but broadly speaking I believe orchestral tinged electronic stuff would have been a better fit.

Nzyme32

... Why was that human SubZero? I thought that with Noob Saibot and Cyber-SubZero in the last game we were effectively left without a SubZero now? (Thus leaving the door open for Frost's return).

I thought that would be the angle they approached it from but it appears not to be the case. Noob got knocked into the soul tornado thing, which maybe broke Quan Chi's sorcery or something. It could be another brother (which I doubt), or some other weird storyline in which the old characters are brought back by Shinnok or something.

Nzyme32

Please don't call it techno as it's actually a well defined genre in its own right. It's a bit like saying the Beatles were a heavy metal band.

Didn't think the music was too bad myself, but broadly speaking I believe orchestral tinged electronic stuff would have been a better fit.

I am well aware of that, I only used the term because the previous poster said:

Pls, look at how many people skeeted when someone inserted that old ass techno MK song from the movie.

RetroStu

Banned
Guys the music in the trailer was awful but its just a stupid reveal trailer, i doubt the actual game will be full of music like that. The first game wasn't.

I do agree about the orig MK theme though, they should start using that again when advertising the game.

Loakum

Banned
Mortal Kombat X releases it's trailer a day after GoT The Mountain vs The Red Viper fight...well played! lol

Horse

Banned
I loved the way Sub Zero just stands still like a Boss whilst trees behind him freeze and the music slowly kicks in.

I think the trailer is bad. Mind you, I'm not generally a fan of fighters or Mortal Kombat in particular but uh, some, by today's standards, mediocre CGI battle between the usual suspects with quite frankly laughable music choice, eh. The 'get over here' stuff may still be considered a cool aspect for fans I guess but that's in like every 3rd trailer of theirs anyways.

By the way, even this CGI fight lacks fluidity similarly the way the actual MK9 game lacks it to say Street Fighter. I was never a fan of the fighting 'physics' of that series though.

culafia

Is it pronounced "Ex" or "Ten"?

I get that it's the tenth Mortal Kombat, but Mortal Kombat (e)X is a sick title.

Alfredo

... Why was that human SubZero? I thought that with Noob Saibot and Cyber-SubZero in the last game we were effectively left without a SubZero now? (Thus leaving the door open for Frost's return).

Sub-Zero looked kind of like a zombie in the teaser. Might sort of make sense, since Cyber Sub-Zero died in MK9. But maybe the pale skin is just a cryomancer redesign.

gafneo

Banned
Great trailer, awful music.

There is no way that's in game. Definitely hyped though!

I don't like the music either, but I find it weird that people are even talking about it. Rap usually fits fighting trailers. You always get rap in Fight Night, UFC. If you think about it, it's far less cheesy than the original MK theme that no one had a problem with.

I never once made a comment about the music in the Phantom Pain trailer, even though it sounds like a Celine Deon track.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I don't get it, if this is not direct-feed gameplay...then what was the point of this trailer? If the gameplay isn't exactly the same or better than what was shown in this trailer, then it's not going to be an acceptable product in my opinion, especially with this being next-gen.

Has anyone confirmed with the devs via twitter if this was direct gameplay or not?

Beth Cyra

Look you want Scorpion to be front and center? You want him killing someone? Okay no problem.

The constant Sub Zero death is annoying though. Even if I wasnt a dub fan its just getting boring. Cant you do something else to market the MK games?

When I first saw this, I thought there was at least a chance it was in-game footage from the next-gen builds.

It's not, so why the hell would they bother making a CG trailer that's just Scorpion and Sub-Zero fighting?

Khezu

When I first saw this, I thought there was at least a chance it was in-game footage from the next-gen builds.

It's not, so why the hell would they bother making a CG trailer that's just Scorpion and Sub-Zero fighting?

Warner Brothers has too much money.

Bloodrage

Banned
My new wallpaper.

J8e2dsi.jpg

Silver_key

Neo Member
I don't get it, if this is not direct-feed gameplay...then what was the point of this trailer? <snip>

I think the point is to say "Hey MK fans! We're in an official, funded dev cycle. Stay tuned." I'm not expecting the game to be beyond wireframes at this point.

Khezu

I think the point is to say "Hey MK fans! We're in an official, funded dev cycle. Stay tuned." I'm not expecting the game to be beyond wireframes at this point.

It's being shown to the public next week at E3.

It's probably already had a year of development time.

Sigmaah

That trailer doe....

I loved it and I dunno why but I loved how they fought and wiz was the music. Wiz went hard and the beat was official.

Scorpion looks fucking amazing.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

It's giving a false representation of the game though. We're in the next-gen consoles, so in theory, when I see this trailer, excluding the scripted scenes, the actual fighting looks legit, so if the actual gameplay is not exactly like the fighting scenes, excluding the scripted scenes, what was the point of this?

I'd also like to know who said it was CG, and where is the source? I've checked the twitter accounts of the devs and I've yet to see a tweet confirming this.

I don't like the music either, but I find it weird that people are even talking about it. Rap usually fits fighting trailers. You always get rap in Fight Night, UFC. If you think about it, it's far less cheesy than the original MK theme that no one had a problem with.

I never once made a comment about the music in the Phantom Pain trailer, even though it sounds like a Celine Deon track.
Just put some genetic war drums in there- done. Fucking simple.

Top Bottom