• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to be drown in the hype...

...but....but......halp

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

6IjYKvr.gif

kOkZBwk.jpg

Oh, Kagari-sama, kween of FF GAF
Whisper into our ears, with that sweet, sweet voice
That everything will be fine
So we call fall asleep in your lap
So we may relieve the fantasy once again
Even if it's only in our dreams

bruh

Kaizer

Banned

...but....but......halp

6IjYKvr.gif

kOkZBwk.jpg

BRUH

Finalow

...but....but......halp

6IjYKvr.gif

kOkZBwk.jpg

dude are u ok

Wagram

FF7 remake is probably the one bomb that can steal some of the thunder off of Fallout 4. I don't believe it is real though, I don't at this point, but if so then cool!

Kipper

Didnt bother to read the whole thread, but if FF7 for PS4 is based off the PC version, how hard would it be fir Square just to add higher quality models, animation, hd quality backgrounds,etc? Modders have been doing it for years. Thats how Id imagine Square doing an FF7 remake. It makesthemost sense to me.

I feel like HD quality backgrounds would be the big thing, here. It wouldn't look very good if they just scaled them up, so I think they'd have to make them all again, which would be a pretty big task.

Oh man, was this another thread like the PSX hype thread? I totally missed the fun D=

Also, it's not happening people. FFVIIremake will happen eventually, but that day is not today (well, tomorrow technically, but still..)

it'd be awesome if you had the choice

classic turn-based combat, or action
This are basically all the thoughts I have on it. If they made both available it would be pretty neat.

Oh man, was this another thread like the PSX hype thread? I totally missed the fun D=

Also, it's not happening people. FFVIIremake will happen eventually, but that day is not today (well, tomorrow technically, but still..)

This are basically all the thoughts I have on it. If they made both available it would be pretty neat.

I'm willing to believe it one more time.

Just like TLG.

If both are confirmed BEST E3 EVAR!

God, I think I will cry if I see the FFVII-R announcement.

SkyOdin

IMO the battle system needs a revamp even more than the graphics. FF VII was ridiculously easy and borderline broken. And if you actually put some thought and strategy into your materia setup, your reward was an even easier game.

Or just grind.
The game was comically easy.
So were Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger. To be perfectly frank, the low difficulty is why there are considered some of the best RPGs of all time. That low difficulty makes them accessible to people who are otherwise bad at RPGs. Now, having a hard mode option wouldn't be out of line, but I think a lot of people would complain if a Final Fantasy 7 remake suddenly became way harder than the original.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What I did has really been misinterpreted. I'm not saying I know for sure it's coming. Everyone needs to really relax. I'm not kidding, trolling, or lying. Please just watch tonight and take a chill pill.

It's worth noting that all Y2Kev did was verify that the person is who he says he is.
Yeah, people misinterpreted that super hard with TWE at PSX.

I'm willing to believe it one more time.

Just like TLG.

If both are confirmed BEST E3 EVAR!

God, I think I will cry if I see the FFVII-R announcement.
I'm willing to believe too. I'll be all over all the rumors (Shenmue 3, let's do this!). But this is the one thing that I don't really expect out of SE right now...

It will happen, so just wait and let it happen when it happens.

I feel like HD quality backgrounds would be the big thing, here. It wouldn't look very good if they just scaled them up, so I think they'd have to make them all again, which would be a pretty big task.

A big task.. But not as big as creating the whole game from scratch. It would take what.. A year?

I dunno if i need voices really. Just 1080p pre rendered BGs. They looked amazing in ffx hd!

Then just the character models.

Everything else leave it be. Including battle system

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.
Poster has been verified.
dG4nbPV.gif

What I did has really been misinterpreted. I'm not saying I know for sure it's coming. Everyone needs to really relax. I'm not kidding, trolling, or lying. Please just watch tonight and take a chill pill.
Tonight? So you mean it's going to be at Sony's conference?

HYPE

It's FF7. It's nearly impossible to deal with it without fervor. Even Square fucked that up last year with their announcement.

Aeana

I'm surprised you haven't hinted that this was coming (if it's true).

My viewpoint on stuff like that has changed over time. If I can't say anything, then contorting trying to say something I can't say just makes me look like a jerk and riles people up. I'd prefer if other people didn't do it, either. Either you can say something or you can't.

sora87

Stop the madness Kev, lock it down, it's only going to get worse

HORRORSHØW

yes. thank you. people taking crumbs of hints and innuendo as sure-fire signs need to relax.

Nephtis

hahaha now I don't want to sleep in fear of missing out. it's gonna suck to wake up and either regret missing it, or regret that I was so hyped

I rather go to bed with my sadness lol

Loudninja

My viewpoint on stuff like that has changed over time. If I can't say anything, then contorting trying to say something I can't say just makes me look like a jerk and riles people up. I'd prefer if other people didn't do it, either. Either you can say something or you can't.
Right I understand this type of stuff isnt easy.

IMO the battle system needs a revamp even more than the graphics. FF VII was ridiculously easy and borderline broken. And if you actually put some thought and strategy into your materia setup, your reward was an even easier game.

Game doesn't need a revamp then of the battle system but more a revamp in the AI / Balancing. Perhaps just add New Game+ difficulty levels.

Yeah, people misinterpreted that super hard with TWE at PSX.

I'm willing to believe too. I'll be all over all the rumors (Shenmue 3, let's do this!). But this is the one thing that I don't really expect out of SE right now...

It will happen, so just wait and let it happen when it happens.

It has to happen, before I'm done with SE, which is getting closer and closer with each entry of the series.

Siliconera is the only other gaming news site i browse besides this forum. If this is true, this could be really good for them. I hope they can expand their content a bit and do more editorials and whatnot. There's a lack of japanese gaming news and gaming culture blogs that I think they could be pushing to fill that void.

hidys

Watching the Microsoft conference this was all I could think about.

If this doesn't get revealed this week I'll be so crushed and I'll have no one to blame but myself.

docbon

...but....but......halp

6IjYKvr.gif

kOkZBwk.jpg